It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:01

Text Size

MTGForge 11/01 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTGForge 11/01 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby DennisBergkamp » 04 Nov 2009, 02:10

Chris,

Did you download this one:

http://forgedb.net78.net/mtgforge_relea ... ge1102.rar ?

the Deck forge thing should be fixed in that one, and also Asha's Favor should be fixed in the latest cards.txt I posted...
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 04 Nov 2009, 02:26

DennisBergkamp wrote:Chris,

the Deck forge thing should be fixed in that one, and also Asha's Favor should be fixed in the latest cards.txt I posted...
`
Yes, I used Firefox to get the:

MTGForge1102.rar archive. I am looking at it now. I am puzzled. :?

I just de-rar'ed the 11-02 archive a second time and I placed your cards.txt file in it and everything is working. I used the source code that came with it to make a few minor mods and then built a new jar file.

Is it possible that the 11-02 archive includes the old source from the previous day's 11-01 archive?
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Fracturedorb » 04 Nov 2009, 02:47

Another note about the mana pool. I now see 2 stacked pools. once is the same one we have been seeing nad the other is split snow mana and not snow man a (it ha sa better name but you get the idea). When you cast a dark ritual then use the pool stack to add the mana it asks you if you want to use snow mana or not. Once you do that twice the dark ritual mana is still in the pool.

And again after you cast anything the pool drains.
Fracturedorb

Postby DennisBergkamp » 04 Nov 2009, 03:52

Chris H. wrote:
DennisBergkamp wrote:Chris,

`
Yes, I used Firefox to get the:

MTGForge1102.rar archive. I am looking at it now. I am puzzled. :?

I just de-rar'ed the 11-02 archive a second time and I placed your cards.txt file in it and everything is working. I used the source code that came with it to make a few minor mods and then built a new jar file.

Is it possible that the 11-02 archive includes the old source from the previous day's 11-01 archive?
Hmm, possible, I might have messed up and included the old source ...
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby silly freak » 04 Nov 2009, 07:24

did you download the 11/02 Release? the 11/01 version was buggy as hell, and the quest mode doesn't work with that version at all...
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby Sloth » 04 Nov 2009, 07:59

DennisBergkamp wrote:But what about the game crashing bugs... do they still occur with the cards.txt I submitted?
Quest Mode: Starting a new Quest does nothing. Continuing an existing one works.

Mana pool: When I have more than one type of mana in the pool and I want to use it as colorless, I get asked which of them I want to use, but the mana won't be used an the spell won't be cast. Also Sol Ring does add only 1 mana to the pool.

Edit: I used the 1102 release with Dennis cards.txt and then with Chris cards.txt.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 04 Nov 2009, 14:41

I re-downloaded the newest 11-02 version. Using the cards.txt that came with this archive I can "Quest Mode" -> "New Quest"/"Continue Quest" without an error message.

Tried the same test with Dennis' cards.txt file and no error messages. Tried the same test with my edited cards.txt file from yesterday and no error messages.

Ran a few more tests with the newest rarity files. Got the bugs. Turns out that the common.txt file had "Asha's favor". I upper cased the "Favor" and now I only get the "Deck cannot be cast to forge.Deck" error.

I then copied a fresh set of the newest quest files found at: QuestFiles 10-07-2009.zip and now it works for me with no errors. In fact as I started the new quest I watched as Forge replaced the 53 kb questData file with the converted 49 KB file. The conversion process worked. :D 8)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 04 Nov 2009, 17:11

Alright Chris, I compared and merged a bunch of changes from your cards.txt into my local version (not all changes, I made a few updates to CardFactory to set the missing abilities' text in there (Voltaic Key, Legacy Weapon for instance)).
I also updated my QuestData files with your latest version....

So it looks like the only big bugs currently existing are the manapool issues.... hopefully Zerker can help us out with those [-o<
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 04 Nov 2009, 17:32

DennisBergkamp wrote:Alright Chris, I compared and merged a bunch of changes from your cards.txt into my local version (not all changes, I made a few updates to CardFactory to set the missing abilities' text in there (Voltaic Key, Legacy Weapon for instance)).
I also updated my QuestData files with your latest version....

So it looks like the only big bugs currently existing are the manapool issues.... hopefully Zerker can help us out with those [-o<
`
Great, it is nice to get a little closer to perfection. We all try and we aim to please. :D

There may be a problem with Scavenged Weaponry, I have not had a chance to figure out why the text is displaying "Enchant creature, Cantrip".

There are 22 spells which draw cards and they need to be converted over to the new form of Rob's keyword. It may take me awhile to figure this out and to test the new versions.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 04 Nov 2009, 21:28

Thanks for the update. I know that debugging is very hard.

About cards.txt, MTG Forge reads it as "plaintext" but then there isn't a thing called just "plaintext" so you might have to change the code to read Unicode or something more specific because cards.txt is read at runtime on Windows, Mac, and Linux. And for what it is worth, I always used notepad.exe to edit cards.txt.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby zerker2000 » 05 Nov 2009, 05:34

Beurk, the mana pool(s) is(are) currently in a very sorry state, I shall try to get it working somewhat. Do basic / basic snow lands at least work normally when used directly? As for the double mana pool: I think snow mana won't be used automatically unless the snow mana pool is picked when paying the cost.
zerker2000
Programmer

Postby Fracturedorb » 05 Nov 2009, 14:03

The mana pool isn't really working when interacted with directly. Dark Rituals produce snow mana. I find it kind of messed up that both magic apps broke basically the same day, on my birthday.
Fracturedorb

Postby DennisBergkamp » 05 Nov 2009, 20:23

zerker2000 wrote:Beurk, the mana pool(s) is(are) currently in a very sorry state, I shall try to get it working somewhat. Do basic / basic snow lands at least work normally when used directly? As for the double mana pool: I think snow mana won't be used automatically unless the snow mana pool is picked when paying the cost.
I've looked at the code a bit... it looks like the main difference right now is in ManaPool.addOne(String Mana), since "has" is a String now. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be happening, but instead of adding up to a number, 1s get appended. So for Sol Ring, "has" looks like "11" instead of "2".
But I don't know, this might not be the issue at all...
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby DennisBergkamp » 06 Nov 2009, 02:15

Is it possible to somehow revert the manapool changes?
Another problem I'm getting is that I can actually cast 5 manacost spells, even though I only have 4 moxes in play :shock:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Resonantg » 06 Nov 2009, 03:01

as much as I want to play with the new cards, I'm agonna wait for the repost of this update. :) Keep up the great work guys, I didn't expect an update so soon.
Resonantg

PreviousNext

Return to Forge