It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:01

Text Size

How can I tell blocking order when I block?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How can I tell blocking order when I block?

Postby Xyx » 27 May 2016, 09:55

AI attacks with 2/4, I block with two 2/2s. I want to use my Healing Salve. How can I tell which creature is first in the blocking order?

EDIT: Also, how do I band when blocking?
Xyx
Tester

Re: How can I tell blocking order when I block?

Postby AlexFolland » 30 May 2016, 09:03

Regarding knowing which creature will take damage first, you can't. The attacker decides which creature to deal damage to first, and this decision is made in the first strike or combat damage step, during which spells can't be cast and abilities can't be activated.

The exception is if your creatures are banding. Then, you can play your Healing Salve on whichever you want and direct the attacker's damage to that creature first.
AlexFolland

Postby Xyx » 30 May 2016, 10:09

According to the Comprehensive Rules, this decision needs to be made in the Declare Blockers step.
Xyx
Tester

Postby friarsol » 31 May 2016, 13:19

AlexFolland wrote:Regarding knowing which creature will take damage first, you can't. The attacker decides which creature to deal damage to first, and this decision is made in the first strike or combat damage step, during which spells can't be cast and abilities can't be activated.
These are pre-10th edition rules when damage used the stack, so you did know which would take damage first.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby tjtillman » 19 Dec 2016, 07:03

friarsol wrote:
AlexFolland wrote:Regarding knowing which creature will take damage first, you can't. The attacker decides which creature to deal damage to first, and this decision is made in the first strike or combat damage step, during which spells can't be cast and abilities can't be activated.
These are pre-10th edition rules when damage used the stack, so you did know which would take damage first.
How can we see in Forge which order the CPU assigned blockers. It doesn't always seem to correspond with the order shown in the Combat window.
tjtillman

Return to Forge