Can't see card text in the editor on OS X

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Can't see card text in the editor on OS X

Postby saucemaker » 14 Jun 2016, 15:07

Hi!

I'm using OS X 10.11.5 on an early 2015 retina macbook pro. I have java:

Code: Select all
java version "1.8.0_92"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_92-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode)
When opening the editor to see the cards listed in a deck, I cannot see any of the text. All the cards are blank (see attached image).

Another thing I can't seem to figure out - if I want to view an "Affinity" deck, I have to redownload "Top Decks" every time I start the app. Is there no way to save it?

Thanks!
Attachments
forge.png
saucemaker

Re: Can't see card text in the editor on OS X

Postby timmermac » 14 Jun 2016, 17:01

That looks like you haven't downloaded card pics yet. You can get most cards by clicking on the lq set download option.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby saucemaker » 14 Jun 2016, 17:10

It's not that the pictures aren't there, I don't care about that as much. There's no text. The text is visible during play, it's just completely missing from the editor. Perhaps the text only shows up during play?

On Android, for example, there are no pictures, but you can still tell what the cards are because there is a text overlay on each one.

Did you see the "Top Decks" question? Should I have to download them every time I start the app?
saucemaker

Postby saucemaker » 14 Jun 2016, 17:35

Here's an image of play. I downloaded the LQ images, for some reason some of them didn't download, like "Ornithopter". However, as you can see, the text is still there, so I still know what card it is.
Attachments
forge2.png
saucemaker

Postby timmermac » 15 Jun 2016, 00:55

The overlay text doesn't show up in the editors, only in game. I'm not familiar enough with those deck packs to able to tell you how that's supposed to work.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Return to Forge