It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:06

Text Size

"Booster Draft" - Cubes?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

"Booster Draft" - Cubes?

Postby Darkholme » 08 Aug 2016, 04:53

It's been a while since I played Forge, and I just reinstalled it.

I've been trying to figure out how to draft a custom cube in Forge, and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I've found fantasyblocks.txt, the folder full of .draft files, and the corresponding decklists.

I've tried both building it as a cube, and as a metaset (I was trying to play with all the innistrad sets in a booster draft, and when I did it as a cube I added a few other cards to the pool).

But I can't get it to actually run, it just gives me errors.

I looked at the guide for the fantasy blocks thing, but it doesn't match the file format I'm seeing in front of me, and my attempts at figuring it out are just making Forge spaz and throw errors at me saying my metaset doesnt include any sets.

Code: Select all
(3) Complete Innistrad, 3/6/2ED, Meta-JoinedSet(ISD DKA AVR SOI EMN)ISD-EMN Meta-Full()
And yes, I only half-understand the syntax I'm looking at, unfortunately.

Name:Complete Innistrad
DeckFile:CompleteInnistrad
IgnoreRarity:False
Singleton:False
LandSetCode:ISD, EMN, SOI, AVR, DKA

NumCards:16
NumSpecials:0
NumMythics:1
NumRares:2
NumUncommons:3
NumCommons:5
NumPacks:3
When I try to run this one, it ignores the cube I built and just has me drafting from the complete card pool.

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
Darkholme

Re: "Booster Draft" - Cubes?

Postby friarsol » 09 Aug 2016, 02:09

I fixed an issue with fantasy blocks in revision 31911. If you know how snapshots work feel free to grab one of those, or wait for the next beta release.

(3) Complete Innistrad, 3/6/ISD, Meta-JoinedSet(ISD DKA AVR SOI EMN)
should now work...

As far as using a Cube, you need the Cube in /res/cube/ and you need the draft file in /res/draft/ I'd recommend just copying one of the packaged Cubes and just alter the cards. Be careful with the spacing and exact naming here, maybe you've named things Complete Innistrad in one spot, but CompleteInnistrad in another.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Darkholme » 09 Aug 2016, 07:07

friarsol wrote:As far as using a Cube, you need the Cube in /res/cube/ and you need the draft file in /res/draft/ I'd recommend just copying one of the packaged Cubes and just alter the cards. Be careful with the spacing and exact naming here, maybe you've named things Complete Innistrad in one spot, but CompleteInnistrad in another.
Sure enough, once I renamed the filename in draft to match the filename in cube, it works! I was paying attention to the contents of the draft file and figured those had to match, but I hadn't considered the .draft filename would be important.

Thanks!

friarsol wrote:I fixed an issue with fantasy blocks in revision 31911. If you know how snapshots work feel free to grab one of those, or wait for the next beta release.

should now work...
Thanks!

Can you explain a bit of the syntax to me?

Meta-JoinedSet(ISD DKA AVR SOI EMN)
This, I get.

(3)

Is this the number of boosters drafted?

3/6/ISD
What is this? The sets of basic lands you can pick after drafting? Can you include multiple sets of basic lands if so inclined?

Is there a more up to date guide of the syntax? It looks like there's a lot of neat stuff you could do with it, but unfortunately the examples just aren't clear enough for me to reverse engineer them.

As for the bug, I can wait for the next release for it to work. The Cube option will do just fine. Thanks :).
Darkholme

Postby friarsol » 09 Aug 2016, 13:36

I believe the syntax works like this (I'm not 100% sure since I've never used fantasy blocks before )

<Description>, <# of Packs to Draft>/<# of Packs to Sealed>/<LandCode for extra basics>, <All of the "sets" in the "block" each separated by a space>

I don't believe you can have different setcodes for the extra basics.

(9) MtG Encyclopedia, 3/9/2ED, 2ED ATQ ARN DRK LEG FEM ICE HML ALL

For something like MtG Encyclopedia, a sealed deck will give you one of each pack. But a draft will make you choose which three boosters to use.

(3) Metaset Sample, 3/6/2ED, Meta-Cube(ArabianExtended)ARAB Meta-JoinedSet(ISD DKA AVR M13)M13-ISD Meta-Full()

For metaset Sample, the three "sets" are:
Meta-Cube(ArabianExtended)ARAB Meta-JoinedSet(ISD DKA AVR M13)M13-ISD Meta-Full()

Meta-Cube loads from a cube, "ArabianExtended" is the name from the cube. "ARAB" is the declared name for that set.

Meta-JoinedSet joins a bunch of real sets into one, M13-ISD is the name for that set.

Meta-Full() is just all the cards.

I have no idea whats going on in the Choose/Random one.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Darkholme » 09 Aug 2016, 20:49

Thanks! That's very informative!

What are the (3) and (9) at the beginning?
Darkholme

Postby friarsol » 09 Aug 2016, 22:32

Darkholme wrote:Thanks! That's very informative!

What are the (3) and (9) at the beginning?
Just part of the description. It seems like the naming convention is to use the amount of different sets, maybe?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Darkholme » 11 Aug 2016, 03:22

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks!
Darkholme

Return to Forge