It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:08

Text Size

AI Quest Challenge

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

AI Quest Challenge

Postby friarsol » 26 Oct 2016, 17:15

Hey folks,

We haven't had one of these in a while so I figured I'd see if there's any interest.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Goal: Build a good deck that the AI can play. At the ends of some defined amount of time (let's say 2-4 weeks), all of the posted AI decks will be added into a tournament (depending on the amount of entrants, it'll be swiss or round robin). With the results posted for full on bragging rights!

Rules:
0. Obviously, this is all on the honor system.
1. Reset your quest preferences to the default so everyone is on the same playing field and (temporarily) delete your card prices (so prices are based on rarity).
2. Create a brand new quest: Medium difficulty. Classic mode (uncheck Fantasy). Start Main World (no traveling allowed). Change your starting Pool to Sanctioned/Modern, allow duplicates, balanced colors, prized base on starting pool. Disable ante.
3. Purchases from the Spell Shop are all fair game except for the "Colored" boosters, and the "Prebuilt decks"
4. Instead of choosing your opponent, all duels will be a "Random Duel". Tournaments and Challenges are not allowed for this Quest Challenge.
4. After 20 wins OR 30 matches (whichever come first), stop playing and take this pool of cards to build a deck that the AI will pilot in the tournament. Keep in mind there is an AI checkbox, to help guide you in which cards the AI might not be able to play properly.

Any interest? Any concerns/clarifications for the rules?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: AI Quest Challenge

Postby timmermac » 26 Oct 2016, 19:32

How do you do random opponents on the Android version?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Re: AI Quest Challenge

Postby friarsol » 26 Oct 2016, 19:51

timmermac wrote:How do you do random opponents on the Android version?
Is there no random duel button? If not, we can just say the last opponent will be a replacement for clicking random duel.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge