It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:23

Text Size

Forge 01/01 (unofficial BETA) version

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge 01/01 (unofficial BETA) version

Postby Marek14 » 14 Jan 2010, 15:26

Hamletchickencrisis wrote:Bug:

Giant Strength is casting like an enchant aura instead of enchant creature so it doesn't give the option to put it on a creature it just goes into the graveyard with no effect.

Lignify doesn't change creature type to treefolk instead of it's previous type so if I put it on a Sliver it still gets benefits from other Slivers. It could be that is the way it is supposed to work but it isn't implicit on the card text.
No, the Treefolk subtype should overwrite the rest.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hamletchickencrisis » 14 Jan 2010, 16:03

DennisBergkamp wrote:I still haven't figured out how to fix the memory leak problem completely though.
This problem seems particularly bad with this version. Worse then any other version I have played so far.
Hamletchickencrisis

Postby Chris H. » 14 Jan 2010, 18:42

Hamletchickencrisis wrote:
DennisBergkamp wrote:I still haven't figured out how to fix the memory leak problem completely though.
This problem seems particularly bad with this version. Worse then any other version I have played so far.
`
Dennis is working on the memory leak and heap overflow problem. I guess that he just needs some time to figure it out. Whatever solutions he comes up with will also help with the new sound feature as the sounds and HQ pics share in the same problem. :)

In the meantime, using the HQ pics can be viewed as a beta test. For serious gaming using the 01-01 release I would suggest that people downgrade to the LQ pics.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby freestorageaccount » 16 Jan 2010, 06:16

Hiya guys -- long time no post. I know that someone here has graciously helped me with the 30-error 'Buffy 1' bug, but it's happening again upon continuing the old quest since I changed versions. Could anyone advise on how to prevent it now and in the future? (I can still play against opponents that didn't produce said errors, gain cards, and edit decklists as usual by dismissing all of the errors using the spacebar since the focus in each error dialog box is by default on the 'close' button.)

I will note that attempting to use or cancel mana-filtering abilities (i.e., activated mana abilities whose costs themselves contain mana, such as the one Dimir Signet has) especially when a mana payment is requested often leads to erratic behaviour. It appears the program tries to handle such a situation recursively but forgets the flow somewhere in the process.

EDIT: I cast Might of Oaks targeting an attacking Rafiq of the Many thinking to beat the computer in one fell swoop, but nothing happened. Is this situation related to the exalted ability?

EDIT2: Storm spells still seem to over-count by one even though they're implemented using straight multiplication in place of a triggered ability and copies: I cast four Moxen and then an Empty the Warrens and got 12 tokens for the price of 10. A stunning deal, but there are probably three potential culprits:
  • The land I played that turn.
  • The Time Walk (yay!) the turn prior.
  • Empty the Warrens itself. (On the same note, if someone had played another one afterwards, he should receive 12 additional tokens but not 20 -- the spell copies weren't cast. Just in case.)
EDIT3: Oh yeah, Necropotence still causes the computer's draw step to be skipped as well! And you can now use activated abilities of your opponent's permanents again, too (maybe it was intentional).
-- freestorageaccount (= accurate forge notes) This is not a subliminal message. At least for the prosilver theme.

The Great Wall of Bugs. Gando, you will not be forgotten.
And a chip off the old block.
freestorageaccount

Postby Chris H. » 17 Jan 2010, 18:51

Hiya guys -- long time no post. I know that someone here has graciously helped me with the 30-error 'Buffy 1' bug, but it's happening again upon continuing the old quest since I changed versions.
`
When you move the questData file from the old beta release to the newer beta release, you also need to move these three files:

easy.txt
hard.txt
medium.txt

EDIT: I cast Might of Oaks targeting an attacking Rafiq of the Many thinking to beat the computer in one fell swoop, but nothing happened. Is this situation related to the exalted ability?
`
No, :D It means that I made a mistake while making a contribution to our SVN. :roll:

The 01-01 version of forge does not yet have the repairs made to:

Aggressive Urge
Guided Strike
Might of Oaks

Next Beta release will have this repair in place. In the meanwhile, people can edit their "cards.txt" file with a text editor to match the data below:

Code: Select all
Aggressive Urge
1 G
Instant
Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Draw a card.
spPumpTgt:+1/+1
Cantrip

Guided Strike
1 W
Instant
Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn. Draw a card.
spPumpTgt:+1/+0/First Strike
Cantrip

Might of Oaks
3 G
Instant
Target creature gets +7/+7 until end of turn.
spPumpTgt:+7/+7
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby freestorageaccount » 18 Jan 2010, 03:57

Thanks Chris!

I just noticed trample damage isn't dealt during the regular combat damage step if a creature with double strike is blocked. That along with the inability to trample over multiple small blockers hurts the ability a lot -- but not enough to stop me from dropping Darksteel Colossus and giving it double strike! (Too bad the AI doesn't have the skill to use Swords to Plowshares as an instant; it's like taking candy from a baby. If I weren't on such a winning streak I might play every card as a sorcery and never counterspell or alpha-strike to be somewhat fairer.)
-- freestorageaccount (= accurate forge notes) This is not a subliminal message. At least for the prosilver theme.

The Great Wall of Bugs. Gando, you will not be forgotten.
And a chip off the old block.
freestorageaccount

Previous

Return to Forge