It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:56

Text Size

Forge Beta Release 04-22-2017 ver 1.5.61

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta Release 04-22-2017 ver 1.5.61

Postby Seravy » 30 Apr 2017, 23:06

So how exactly do these "new" damage not on the stack rules work again?
Log said "Hulking Ogre damage order : Expandable Troops, Field Surgeon" so I tapped three creatures to prevent 3 damage from Expandable Troops which was first in line for damage - but the Field Surgeon was still killed. Bug, or the "new" rule is really so poorly designed you can get away with not assigning enough damage if there are prevention shields and just kill the creature with no prevention even if it's not the first in the order? (if yes, what's the point of ordering in the first place?)
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 01 May 2017, 00:37

Seravy wrote:So how exactly do these "new" damage not on the stack rules work again?
Log said "Hulking Ogre damage order : Expandable Troops, Field Surgeon" so I tapped three creatures to prevent 3 damage from Expandable Troops which was first in line for damage - but the Field Surgeon was still killed. Bug, or the "new" rule is really so poorly designed you can get away with not assigning enough damage if there are prevention shields and just kill the creature with no prevention even if it's not the first in the order? (if yes, what's the point of ordering in the first place?)
Prevention shields has nothing to do with damage assignment. When assigning damage you have to assign at least lethal damage. Which is generally toughness - damage currently assigned. Once that number is dealt you can spill over to the next blocker
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby HarlequinCasts » 01 May 2017, 00:58

Runed Halo does not appear to provide protection from Legendary creatures. At least not all of them. Example, Uril, the Miststalker
HarlequinCasts

Postby tellville » 01 May 2017, 06:14

Thrasios, Triton Hero does not work properly. When I use his '4' ability, it shows me the top card (scry 1). If it is a land and I leave it there, it will put the land into play, but untapped (it's supposed to be tapped). If the card is a non-land card, if I leave it there I don't get to draw the card. If I scry the non-land card to the bottom, if the next card is a non-land card, I do not get to draw it. If I scry the non-land card to the bottom, and the next card is a land, it will put the land into play untapped instead of drawing it. If I scry a land card to the bottom, and the next card is a non-land card, I do not get to draw it.
tellville

Postby Marek14 » 01 May 2017, 07:11

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:
friarsol wrote:Yep, we have a forge.profile.properties.example file that has information about it.
While this would work, there's one small problem with it, and that is that this file is a part of the release.

That means: every time I unpack a new build (and I do this almost every day), it either gets rewritten or I would have to take care to not rewrite it; it's just one extra step, but an annoying one.

Wouldn't it be better to make the directories part of preferences, and to automatically generate and store the preferences file in the Forge directory so it could always be found?
That's not actually how it works. The file that is part of the release is the example file. To actually use the file you copy/rename it as 'forge.properties.profile' and then make whatever changes you want to make to it. I believe the instructions even say to do exactly that? So you don't run in to the problem you are suggesting

I'm not really sure what that last question means. If I'm reading it correctly that's exactly what we're doing. Forge has a file that points to where the custom preferences live (if one has been set) and those preferences are loaded up. The only thing we don't have is auto-generation of this file.
Ah, I see. Thanks :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby hjorti » 01 May 2017, 08:11

The 'Finish' part of Start//Finish is a sorcery, but Forge treats it as an instant.
hjorti

Postby findingtyranny » 01 May 2017, 17:59

Targeting "Start" (Start // Finish) with "Commit" (Commit // Memory) doesn't actually stop the spell from resolving, it looks like Forge creates a copy of Start//Finish and leaves that on the stack while changing the zone of the original card?
Attachments
aftermath.PNG
findingtyranny

Postby Seravy » 01 May 2017, 19:39

friarsol wrote:
Seravy wrote:So how exactly do these "new" damage not on the stack rules work again?
Prevention shields has nothing to do with damage assignment. When assigning damage you have to assign at least lethal damage. Which is generally toughness - damage currently assigned. Once that number is dealt you can spill over to the next blocker
Ok, thanks. So I have to prevent at least 5 damage total on my two 1/1 blockers, 3 on the primary and 2 on the secondary blocker to be able to prevent damage from a 3 power creature.
These "new" rules are massively inferior, I wish I could turn time back 10 years. Requiring 5+ damage prevention to deal with 3 incoming damage, this is just ridiculous.
And as much as I would like to avoid these situations by not putting cards directly hurt by the rule changes in my decks, I can't do that in drafts - too many good cards were affected.
Seravy

Postby Hexmage » 01 May 2017, 21:10

I got this error message when finishing a draft, I was about to save it with a chosen name and it crashed after clicking OK

| Open
Description: [describe what you were doing when the crash occurred]

[spoiler=RuntimeException]
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.61-r-1
Operating System: Windows 10 10.0 x86
Java Version:     1.8.0_121 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.RuntimeException: FileUtil : writeFile() error, problem writing file - C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\draft\Amonkhet 4 Sin tierras..\human.dck : java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\draft\Amonkhet 4 Sin tierras..\human.dck (El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada)
   at forge.util.FileUtil.writeFile(FileUtil.java:184)
   at forge.deck.io.DeckSerializer.writeDeck(DeckSerializer.java:20)
   at forge.deck.io.DeckGroupSerializer.save(DeckGroupSerializer.java:64)
   at forge.deck.io.DeckGroupSerializer.save(DeckGroupSerializer.java:37)
   at forge.util.storage.StorageImmediatelySerialized.add(StorageImmediatelySerialized.java:72)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.controllers.CEditorDraftingProcess.saveDraft(CEditorDraftingProcess.java:213)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.controllers.CEditorDraftingProcess.onAddItems(CEditorDraftingProcess.java:118)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.controllers.ACEditorBase.addItems(ACEditorBase.java:178)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI$1.move(CDeckEditorUI.java:173)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.moveSelectedItems(CDeckEditorUI.java:164)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.addSelectedCards(CDeckEditorUI.java:171)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI$5.run(CDeckEditorUI.java:237)
   at forge.itemmanager.ItemManager.activateSelectedItems(ItemManager.java:1210)
   at forge.itemmanager.views.ImageView$4.onLeftDoubleClick(ImageView.java:247)
   at forge.toolbox.FMouseAdapter.mousePressed(FMouseAdapter.java:147)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
[/spoiler]
Hexmage

Postby hjorti » 03 May 2017, 01:29

When you exert a creature stolen with 'lay claim' it untaps normally next turn.
hjorti

Postby Seravy » 03 May 2017, 11:09

When using Tragic Poet , the list of cards to return included cards in the opponent's graveyard. (1.5.60)
Seravy

Postby Nekoatl » 03 May 2017, 20:24

Using the mouse to pay the last 3 mana of a mana cost with Black Lotus causes the game client to get stuck.

Edit: The remaining mana required must contain exactly 1 colored mana symbol so that a prompt to select a color will not be launched.
Attachments
Black Lotus.jpg
Nekoatl

Postby Nekoatl » 03 May 2017, 21:35

I keep getting asked to choose a creature for the AI's Echo Chamber before the AI has activated its ability.
Nekoatl

Postby Midori » 03 May 2017, 22:39

Nekoatl wrote:Using the mouse to pay the last 3 mana of a mana cost with Black Lotus causes the game client to get stuck.

Edit: The remaining mana required must contain exactly 1 colored mana symbol so that a prompt to select a color will not be launched.
I encountered similar "crashs" with Mirrodin's Core and Deranged Assistant. It appears to occur if a mana ability has additional activation costs alongside tapping that requires to verify the payment (i.e. removing counters from itself, sacrificing itself, milling cards).

The crash only occurs if you pay directly for a spell. Using the ability while the stack is empty works just fine. Using the Auto-Button (to pay for a spell) seems to work as well.

Edit:
I am at a loss. I tried to replicate this "getting stuck"-bug with Deranged Assistant. But the card worked fine for most of the game. However, for apparent no reason the game got stuck when i used Deranged Assistant to pay the casting cost of Eternal Scourge (cast from exile).
Midori

Postby Turbomoose » 04 May 2017, 19:10

It doesn't look like the new rules around split cards costing their combined CMC in all zones except on the stack has been implemented. I still hit something like Assault//Battery off of 3 mana cascade cards, which should no longer happen with the rules change here: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2017-04-04
Turbomoose

PreviousNext

Return to Forge