It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:47

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.15.003

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Which version of Android are you using on the primary device that you run Forge on?

Poll ended at 01 Aug 2017, 08:12

Android 4
9%
Android 5
12%
Android 6
29%
Android 7
50%

Total votes : 34

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.1.005

Postby TheLetterH » 17 Aug 2017, 17:41

Agetian wrote:Checked it out - it's a bit of an odd bug, I can't reproduce it yet, too. When exactly did it happen? Did it happen right when you exiled a card with Mairsil, or at some point after it? I can tell it happened in the AI code while the AI was deciding which spell ability to play, so it may or may not have been related exactly to Mairsil as such (difficult to tell from this trace alone). Do you have the deck list for the AI, or was the AI playing a random deck? Do you remember which cards were exiled with Mairsil? Also, was it your turn or the AI's turn?

In case someone else would also like to provide input on why this might be happening, here's the stack trace:

Code: Select all
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
    at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(TimSort.java:899)
    at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:516)
    at java.util.TimSort.mergeForceCollapse(TimSort.java:457)
    at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:254)
    at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1523)
    at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:238)
    at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlayFromList(AiController.java:1104)
    at forge.ai.AiController.getSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1097)
    at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1077)
    at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(PlayerControllerAi.java:410)
    at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:951)
    at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1556)
    at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:100)
    at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:224)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:762)
- Agetian
Hmm, it was my turn, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Gilded Lotus, Avatar of Woe were exiled with cage counters. I had tapped Mairsil for mana, then used the Arcanis ability to return it to hand. The crash came when I replayed him. Come to think of it, the AI seemed frozen when I went back to the game closing the crash report. The opponent was a Rakdos, Lord of Riots deck of my own building, so perhaps there was some strange card in there it had a problem with.
TheLetterH

Postby Agetian » 17 Aug 2017, 17:46

Hmm, just tried that particular setup and followed the steps you outlined, it doesn't crash for me. I think the crash was caused by some external source, but it's difficult to tell without a recreatable battlefield situation. If it happens to you again, maybe try taking a screenshot of the battlefield and sending me that (or better yet, enable "Developer Mode" in preferences and, if the crash happens to you again, click Dump Game State and send me the contents of the .txt file that it lets you create - it'll contain a full dump of the game state which should hopefully let me recreate the situation you were in).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby TheLetterH » 17 Aug 2017, 18:17

Agetian wrote:Hmm, just tried that particular setup and followed the steps you outlined, it doesn't crash for me. I think the crash was caused by some external source, but it's difficult to tell without a recreatable battlefield situation. If it happens to you again, maybe try taking a screenshot of the battlefield and sending me that (or better yet, enable "Developer Mode" in preferences and, if the crash happens to you again, click Dump Game State and send me the contents of the .txt file that it lets you create - it'll contain a full dump of the game state which should hopefully let me recreate the situation you were in).

- Agetian
OK, will try.

It might also have had to do with the fact that I had a ton of stuff in the Graveyard, but it was a long game, so there was a bunch going on.

Thanks for the help.
TheLetterH

Postby Agetian » 17 Aug 2017, 18:54

No problem! Sorry I couldn't help yet :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.2.001

Postby Agetian » 18 Aug 2017, 17:25

UPDATE (08/18/17): Forge for Android v1.6.2.001 has been released. It's a version released in sync with the desktop Forge v1.6.2. The detailed release notes are available here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20989 . Additionally, new Commander 2017 cards are now available in Planar Conquest mode in Amonkhet, Kaladesh and Tarkir planes (+ some individual ones in Ravnica and Alara). Cats have been assigned to Amonkhet, wizards and artifacts mostly to Kaladesh, and vampires and dragons to Tarkir. Some of the out-of-lore commanders may be moved later to other planes when they're implemented (e.g. Mirri to Dominaria, O-Kagachi to Kamigawa, etc.). Enjoy!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby DaniUG » 18 Aug 2017, 22:32

The pic of the card Crook of Condemnation shows a cast cost of 2 and the in-game cost is set to 1
Even the smallest spark may set a world ablaze
DaniUG

Postby kevlahnota » 19 Aug 2017, 02:55

I dont know if this is a known bug but on Android ( I'm using Redmi Note 3 Pro Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, MIUI 8 ) it seems when you accidentally locked the phone and then unlock it again, the assets seems destroyed and not loaded from memory (are they static?). To reproduce open forge, you see its fine, then wait for screen to lock or just lock the phone by pressing the power button, then unlock it, you see the assets are all black...
Screenshot_2017-08-19-10-40-42-313_forge.app.png
Assets are not loaded/destroyed
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 19 Aug 2017, 03:43

@kevlahnota: Yeah, this can indeed happen. Not sure how to address it, unfortunately, and don't have anyone else on the team actively working on the Android version of the game. The only way around it is either not to do it or to completely restart the game if/when it happens, sadly. :/ Hopefully someone more experienced in the peculiarities of the Android platform will be able to figure this one out.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 19 Aug 2017, 04:05

Agetian wrote:@kevlahnota: Yeah, this can indeed happen. Not sure how to address it, unfortunately, and don't have anyone else on the team actively working on the Android version of the game. The only way around it is either not to do it or to completely restart the game if/when it happens, sadly. :/ Hopefully someone more experienced in the peculiarities of the Android platform will be able to figure this one out.

- Agetian
Thanks, I did test it, when you press home ( minimize the app ) before locking the phone, then unlock it and open the app, the assets are fine ( dont know if the same behavior will be on other phones ) but its weird...
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 19 Aug 2017, 04:15

kevlahnota wrote:
Agetian wrote:@kevlahnota: Yeah, this can indeed happen. Not sure how to address it, unfortunately, and don't have anyone else on the team actively working on the Android version of the game. The only way around it is either not to do it or to completely restart the game if/when it happens, sadly. :/ Hopefully someone more experienced in the peculiarities of the Android platform will be able to figure this one out.

- Agetian
Thanks, I did test it, when you press home ( minimize the app ) before locking the phone, then unlock it and open the app, the assets are fine ( dont know if the same behavior will be on other phones ) but its weird...
It's a bit serendipitous. It seems that if you lock your phone or even switch into another app for a long enough period of time, the assets will become corrupt (at least they have a chance to). Also, yes, it has a good chance to happen if you just lock the phone (but not always - almost never happens on my Samsung Galaxy J5). It's a weird issue.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 19 Aug 2017, 05:35

@Agetian: I did some search and maybe there's something about disposing textures from libgdx (http://badlogicgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15141). Also the bug is familiar from other android projects using libgdx when the app is paused then resumed. Anyway I hope it can be fixed by upgrading the libgdx dependency without doing some digging into the code. (I don't know if this will work but the current version is 1.9.6, from here https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.badlogicgames.gdx/gdx and https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.badlogicgames.gdx/gdx-freetype) :shock:
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Firebolt159 » 19 Aug 2017, 16:25

I'm having an issue with the app. I turned off my screen while it was installing for the first time and it did not complete. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing new happens. It still checks for updates. Is there a way I can completely redo the process from the beginning?
Firebolt159

Postby Agetian » 19 Aug 2017, 17:11

Firebolt159 wrote:I'm having an issue with the app. I turned off my screen while it was installing for the first time and it did not complete. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing new happens. It still checks for updates. Is there a way I can completely redo the process from the beginning?
Try completely deleting the contents of the Forge installation folder on your mobile device (it's the one that contains the "data" and "res" subfolders, if those were installed in your case, of course).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Korgman » 20 Aug 2017, 08:30

Hey,

Thank you for the amazing work !

I have a little problem though. When I try to download the full LQ pictures package, the last 3800+ ones don't get downloaded. It says I have 3800 cards left, then the download starts and in the end nothing happens : and I always have to download the 3800+ remaining.

Thanks for your help ! :)
Korgman

Postby RumbleBBU » 20 Aug 2017, 17:43

Agetian wrote:It's a bit serendipitous. It seems that if you lock your phone or even switch into another app for a long enough period of time, the assets will become corrupt (at least they have a chance to). Also, yes, it has a good chance to happen if you just lock the phone (but not always - almost never happens on my Samsung Galaxy J5). It's a weird issue.
Don't think I've experienced that on my Huawei. Aside from a random case or two where the fonts became corrupt and unreadable. OTOH, I have occasionally run into a weird 'phantom clicks' issue. Typically, it starts in the quest mode Spell Shop. The symptoms are, the game starts generating random clicks on areas of the screen you aren't touching. I have found two ways to 'fix' it:

1) Exit the app, put the phone on standby and back, and relaunch the app.
or
2) If nothing else helps, reboot the phone.

But in general, the Android version plays very smoothly and is IMO a work of wonder! :D
RumbleBBU

PreviousNext

Return to Forge