It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:27

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.15.003

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Which version of Android are you using on the primary device that you run Forge on?

Poll ended at 01 Aug 2017, 08:12

Android 4
9%
Android 5
12%
Android 6
29%
Android 7
50%

Total votes : 34

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.2.005

Postby kevlahnota » 06 Sep 2017, 07:29

Agetian wrote:
Hmm, this is really odd :/ What's even more funny, it doesn't happen when running libgdx Forge on PC (e.g. in debug mode). I'll need to think why this might be happening.

EDIT: Tried it on my Android phone and couldn't repro it as well... what are the exact conditions when this is happening?

- Agetian
When a card is cast or a card is activated by opponent, the stack will display, then long press the stack card or ability, you can see the swipe up to activate/cast this card, just swipe up, then NPE occurs. Just long press the stack card/ability when the stack card/ability appears (I think the bug appears when opponent activates/casts the card then you zoomed it...)
Last edited by kevlahnota on 06 Sep 2017, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 06 Sep 2017, 07:34

Hmm, that's what I tried, I don't get the "swipe up" prompt at that point (tried both with permanents and with activated abilities on stack) :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 06 Sep 2017, 07:40

Agetian wrote:Hmm, that's what I tried, I don't get the "swipe up" prompt at that point (tried both with permanents and with activated abilities on stack) :/

- Agetian
Yeah its really weird on my case since I accidentally swipe up the card when viewing the zoomed card just like in the screen shot I provided before. I will retest it on other devices later...
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 06 Sep 2017, 09:33

Ok! Let me know if you figure out a pattern in it (I can't reproduce it at all so far on my devices :/ )

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 06 Sep 2017, 12:11

Agetian wrote:Ok! Let me know if you figure out a pattern in it (I can't reproduce it at all so far on my devices :/ )

- Agetian
It seems when you are the target of the ability of the stack card seems easy to reproduce but i have some cards that dont target and the bug appears. Very weird though or maybe its device specific...
Screenshot_20170906-195104.png

Screenshot_20170906-200453.png
kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.2.006

Postby Agetian » 06 Sep 2017, 18:16

UPDATE (09/06/17): Forge for Android v1.6.2.006 has been released. It's an incremental build featuring bug fixes, feature improvements and many Ixalan cards (so far seen it the spoilers) ready for testing if Developer Mode is enabled.

Notable changes since v1.6.2 include:

- Emblem File Name Convention Change -
Emblem token file names have been standardized (and this is a change from the previous version): instead of having "_emblem" appended to the end of the file name, now they have "emblem_" prepended to the beginning, so that instead of gideon_ally_of_zendikar_emblem.jpg, you have emblem_gideon_ally_of_zendikar.jpg. This will require you to locally rename the emblem picture files to match this new naming scheme. You can use any of the batch renaming tools available to you to simplify this task (Advanced Renamer, Unix/Linux rename, etc.). We apologize for the inconvenience.

- Create a Puzzle -
A simple "create a puzzle" mode has been added, which presents you with a clean battlefield and allows you to use Developer Mode functions to set up the battlefield state for the puzzle. The "Dump Game State" dev mode command can then be used to save the state with a simple puzzle metadata template to a text file, which can then be hand-edited in a text editor to complete the puzzle file. Please note that you need Developer Mode to be enabled in Forge preferences for this mode to be of use. Also, very importantly, keep in mind that rule enforcement is active in this mode, so, for example, players will lose for drawing out of an empty library.

- Targeting Overlay -
The planeswalker attacker targeting arrows now use a distinct color from the blocker arrows, to make them easier to distinguish during a complex combat scenario. The default theme uses orange targeting arrows for this purpose, but they can be redefined in custom themes by editing sprite_icons.png (please consult the updated default file for details).

- Mobile Forge: Minimize on Screen Lock (option) -
A new option is available in Mobile Forge, which sends the game to background ("minimizes" it) when the screen is locked. This might help in case you are experiencing graphic issues (missing card pictures, black squares instead of font letters, etc.) after locking the screen for some time. This option is opt-in for now, and is thus off by default. This option and the fix were suggested by kevlahnota.

- Mobile Forge: Texture Filtering -
Texture filtering is now enabled by default for new Mobile Forge installations on Android. After extensive testing this mode has shown no noticeable performance downgrade on modern Android devices while offering a significantly higher quality of card rendering on the battlefield. Older installations will not be affected by this and you will still need to enable the feature manually if desired (in Forge preferences). If you are on a significantly older or low-end device and you are experiencing inadequately low game performance, please try disabling this option in case it is enabled on your installation.

- New Quest World: The Gates of Magic -
This release features a new quest world designed by Seravy, called "The Gates of Magic". It is a quest world built from all starter level sets : Starter, Portal, Portal 2 and Portal 3 Kingdoms. Includes 30 duels and 15 challenges, all fully tested.

- Developer Mode improvements -
The Developer Mode panel has been reorganized, many buttons were grouped by function. Several new functions have been added to make debugging and setting up game states easier: Add Card To Library/Graveyard/Exile, Repeat Last Add Card (which repeats whichever add card operation you have performed last automatically), Remove Card from the Game (which completely removes the card, leaving no trace, which may be useful if a card was added to the game by mistake). Also, the former button "Add Card to Play" was reorganized into two functions: one of them is "Add Card to Battlefield", which functions like the other Add Card to X buttons and adds the card straight to the battlefield, without placing the spell on stack first and without resolving it and firing any ETB triggers; the other is "Cast Spell/Play Land", which places the chosen spell on stack if appropriate, which then resolves and causes triggers to fire (if a land is chosen, it is played, and the ETB triggers on the land fire as well, if appropriate).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 07 Sep 2017, 05:42

UPDATE (09/07/17): Forge for Android v1.6.2.007 has been released. It's a hotfix addressing some last minutes changes that were problematic.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KatotohanaN » 07 Sep 2017, 07:32

I think Tishana Wayfarer should be renamed as Tishana's Wayfinder
KatotohanaN

Postby Agetian » 07 Sep 2017, 07:34

Fixed :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby jtrowell » 07 Sep 2017, 07:35

In quest mode with the new version I got proposed when unlocking new sets to unlock Ixalan (but no cards where made available after unlocking).

As far as I know the set is not available yet, so I suppose that it's some dev setting that got released too early in error ?

While I am there I got another bug (not sure if android specific or not) : when a card with bestow (ability of some creatures from the Theros block that allow them to be cast as an aura instead) is countered, the card in the graveyard is no longer a creature but an "enchantement - aura", so effects that targets creatures in graveyards won't work with them as they should.

Thanks for your work.
jtrowell

Postby Agetian » 07 Sep 2017, 09:08

jtrowell wrote:In quest mode with the new version I got proposed when unlocking new sets to unlock Ixalan (but no cards where made available after unlocking).

As far as I know the set is not available yet, so I suppose that it's some dev setting that got released too early in error ?

While I am there I got another bug (not sure if android specific or not) : when a card with bestow (ability of some creatures from the Theros block that allow them to be cast as an aura instead) is countered, the card in the graveyard is no longer a creature but an "enchantement - aura", so effects that targets creatures in graveyards won't work with them as they should.

Thanks for your work.
We are letting people test cards early as they get implemented. However, in quest mode things are not likely to work yet.

I'll look into the Bestow issue later today.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Kawashy » 07 Sep 2017, 16:52

Agetian, when are you going to put the As Foretold and Expropriate cards?
Kawashy

Postby Agetian » 07 Sep 2017, 17:39

That's a good question, I know that As Foretold was in the plans but it's difficult to implement, so it may take some time... :/ Not sure about Expropriate.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Kawashy » 07 Sep 2017, 18:31

Another question, will have in the future how to have more players to play? Because I want to play multiplayer commander and can only play with a player.
Kawashy

Postby Agetian » 08 Sep 2017, 03:03

It's also planned, but most likely we'd need a developer experienced in implementing the relevant UI. If no one volunteers to do it in a while, I'll take a look at it myself and see if I can somehow implement it.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge