It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:00

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.15.003

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Which version of Android are you using on the primary device that you run Forge on?

Poll ended at 01 Aug 2017, 08:12

Android 4
9%
Android 5
12%
Android 6
29%
Android 7
50%

Total votes : 34

Re: Forge for Android v1.5.62.003

Postby X619Xmaster » 09 Dec 2017, 06:27

perkel wrote:Hey,

i have issues with android version. When i try to use various functions like creating deck and clicking filter > black it crashes

Same with some of cards when i try to check them.

It it normal or should i reinstall it ?
I am actually having the same issues so could someone please help. Preferably without reinstalling it. Lol
X619Xmaster

Re: Forge for Android v1.5.62.003

Postby Shardz » 09 Dec 2017, 23:52

X619Xmaster wrote:I am actually having the same issues so could someone please help. Preferably without reinstalling it. Lol
As Agetian posted on the previous page, simply grab v1.6.4.003 and install that over your current installation. It will roll back to that version, and also prompt you to install assets, which you probably should do to avoid errors. You will not lose your card art, decks, etc. if you do this.
Shardz

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.5.001

Postby Croco85 » 11 Dec 2017, 21:13

Hi, I have been experiencing problems with android Forge since previous version 1.6.5.001, hoping new updates fix it.

The game starts as usual, fetches for updates, etc. but crashes when Finishing startup. It sometimes does boot up eventually, after I give it 10-20 attempts...

Tried reinstalling, downgrading, etc. Nothing helps.I guess this might have something to do with my tablet's memory, but I wiped it out for the most part, stopped all running apps.

Anyway, thanks for the great job with this app, I have been using it for about two years now and absolutely love it! :?
Croco85

Postby Kinetik615 » 21 Dec 2017, 12:04

Hi, my name is Eric. I recently downloaded this app to my asus android tablet. For the first week or two it worked perfectly with only a few bugs on cards. Love the app. However a few days ago the app started crashing (game doesnt close but everything goes black) everytime after its open for about 3-5 minutes. Doesnt matter what im oin on the app it still happens. Ive tried reinstalling it, that doesnt work. Im not super tech savvy so idk how to get the snapshot of the error script.
Kinetik615

Postby Firons2 » 26 Dec 2017, 19:06

Hello, I've recently downloaded Forge to my phone and have played a lot of quests with different options. I've noticed that when I select the "Custom format" option and then press the "Define custom format" button, it does absolutely nothing. Is this meant to be? My phone's model is Huawei P10 Lite and the android version is 7.0. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've also noticed, after scouring the forums, that many people have had an issue with this over different versions. If this is a well known and currently unfixable issue, please, just tell me so.
Firons2

Postby Karnaggolem » 26 Dec 2017, 21:55

Looking for help as to why my Forge crashes sometimes when i attempt to create a new commander game.
See Attached
Attachments
Forge Crash 122117.txt
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Karnaggolem

Postby timmermac » 28 Dec 2017, 00:28

Firons2 wrote:Hello, I've recently downloaded Forge to my phone and have played a lot of quests with different options. I've noticed that when I select the "Custom format" option and then press the "Define custom format" button, it does absolutely nothing. Is this meant to be? My phone's model is Huawei P10 Lite and the android version is 7.0. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've also noticed, after scouring the forums, that many people have had an issue with this over different versions. If this is a well known and currently unfixable issue, please, just tell me so.
I don't know about unfixable, but it is a known issue that nobody's gotten around to dealing with yet.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby RumbleBBU » 28 Dec 2017, 05:39

timmermac wrote:
Firons2 wrote:Hello, I've recently downloaded Forge to my phone and have played a lot of quests with different options. I've noticed that when I select the "Custom format" option and then press the "Define custom format" button, it does absolutely nothing. Is this meant to be? My phone's model is Huawei P10 Lite and the android version is 7.0. Thank you in advance.

I don't know about unfixable, but it is a known issue that nobody's gotten around to dealing with yet.
Actually, according to agetian, the "issue" here is simply that nobody has gotten around to designing a set selection dialog for the Android UI, which you need to define your custom formats with. So, essentially, custom quest formats are a missing feature in the Android port.

But it's not a biggie really. You can always do what I do: start a new custom format quest on a desktop/laptop computer, then import the savefile to your Android phone. Works seamlessly (at least as long as you are using the same Forge release number on both devices).

When I want to start a new quest on an Android device, I define a custom quest format on a PC, generate a handful of "Surprise Me!" games using the same custom format settings, import all of them to my phone, and then pick the one that seems to have the most interesting or challenging starting pool and start playing it. And have fun for days/weeks/months... :D
RumbleBBU

Postby Slightymmmagic » 29 Dec 2017, 15:16

While playing, or sometimes when viewing cards in spell shop and scroll down up too fast, the game crashes completely.

I dont get to see any crash error (the one that you can copy paste to report).

Im using a samsung s5. And not sure if it has something to do with the memory of my phone.

Pls help. Thanks.
Slightymmmagic

Postby lazylockie » 02 Jan 2018, 18:36

RumbleBBU wrote:
timmermac wrote:

Actually, according to agetian, the "issue" here is simply that nobody has gotten around to designing a set selection dialog for the Android UI, which you need to define your custom formats with. So, essentially, custom quest formats are a missing feature in the Android port.

But it's not a biggie really. You can always do what I do: start a new custom format quest on a desktop/laptop computer, then import the savefile to your Android phone. Works seamlessly (at least as long as you are using the same Forge release number on both devices).

When I want to start a new quest on an Android device, I define a custom quest format on a PC, generate a handful of "Surprise Me!" games using the same custom format settings, import all of them to my phone, and then pick the one that seems to have the most interesting or challenging starting pool and start playing it. And have fun for days/weeks/months... :D
The UI is already developed, you can go to the deck editor and filter cards by format / set. One of the options is "Custom", which prompts the needed UI for the "New quest with custom sets". I have zero knowledge of mobile programming, or else I would do it no problem

I suppose with the UI and the logic already done on Desktop it wouldn't be too hard to implement this
lazylockie

Postby Shardz » 15 Jan 2018, 02:51

Are there any progress reports regarding the performance issues with the new keywords and code rewrite? Also, will there be a timely RIX update to go with that soon? I really love Forge and hope everything gets ironed out as I had to roll back to the previous version to get it to run well.
Shardz

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2018, 15:26

Shardz wrote:Are there any progress reports regarding the performance issues with the new keywords and code rewrite? Also, will there be a timely RIX update to go with that soon? I really love Forge and hope everything gets ironed out as I had to roll back to the previous version to get it to run well.
Well, the exact source of the issue has been pinpointed, but the solution hasn't been devised yet... Hopefully it won't take long to resolve this, stay tuned (we're working on it ;)).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Nevitz » 16 Jan 2018, 01:27

Thanks for all that you all do! Love the app! When will Android version update? Thanks!
Nevitz

Postby MadMiller81 » 17 Jan 2018, 23:51

Nevitz wrote:Thanks for all that you all do! Love the app! When will Android version update? Thanks!
I too am waiting for this update...this is the first time I haven't gotten it before prerelease.
MadMiller81

Postby Agetian » 18 Jan 2018, 06:23

Currently the mobile releases are blocked by this issue:
https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... e/issues/7

As long as it is unresolved, there is little reason to release a mobile build because it's going to be slow to an almost unplayable level (unless you have a top-of-the-line high end device, in which case it's probably going to be at least tolerable). The developers are aware of the issue and there are several ideas being discussed as to how to best address it without breaking the gameplay. Unfortunately, the actual solution has not been devised yet, but we hope to resolve this issue soon.

Once again, we apologize for the delay and we hope to keep you updated with a fresh build soon! ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge