It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:24

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.15.003

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Which version of Android are you using on the primary device that you run Forge on?

Poll ended at 01 Aug 2017, 08:12

Android 4
9%
Android 5
12%
Android 6
29%
Android 7
50%

Total votes : 34

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.4.003

Postby AuranReign » 01 Nov 2017, 08:45

I don't know where I should be posting this, but I want to request a change to the interface. I frequently have trouble when trying to select multiple creatures from a stack of the same item. Theyre bunched together too closely, and the overlap hides the 'selected' indicator. I have 3 suggestions:

1. Move the indicator to the left of the card so it's always visible.

2. Have a select all function.

3. Have an option to ungroup like items.
AuranReign

Postby DaniUG » 02 Nov 2017, 08:12

Description: Commander game. Played a Solar Tide in a extremely wide battlefield. My creatures were destroyed without a problem but when it was the AI turn it crashed.

OutOfMemoryError | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.6.4.003
Operating System: Linux 4.1.18-gce6cee1 armv7l
Java Version:     0 The Android Project

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 544 byte allocation with 4194304 free bytes and 37MB until OOM; failed due to fragmentation (required continguous free 8192 bytes for a new buffer where largest contiguous free 4096 bytes)
   at java.util.EnumMap.<init>(EnumMap.java:138)
   at forge.trackable.TrackableObject.<init>(TrackableObject.java:25)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbilityView.<init>(SpellAbilityView.java:28)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.<init>(SpellAbility.java:179)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.<init>(SpellAbility.java:172)
   at forge.game.spellability.AbilityActivated.<init>(AbilityActivated.java:69)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityApiBased.<init>(AbilityApiBased.java:22)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory$AbilityRecordType.buildSpellAbility(AbilityFactory.java:73)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:185)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:147)
   at forge.game.GameActionUtil.grantBasicLandsManaAbilities(GameActionUtil.java:97)
   at forge.game.GameAction.checkStaticAbilities(GameAction.java:836)
   at forge.game.GameAction.checkStaticAbilities(GameAction.java:757)
   at forge.game.GameAction.changeZone(GameAction.java:373)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveTo(GameAction.java:559)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveTo(GameAction.java:544)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveToGraveyard(GameAction.java:637)
   at forge.game.GameAction.sacrificeDestroy(GameAction.java:1520)
   at forge.game.GameAction.destroyNoRegeneration(GameAction.java:1469)
   at forge.game.GameAction.destroy(GameAction.java:1429)
   at forge.game.ability.effects.DestroyAllEffect.resolve(DestroyAllEffect.java:96)
   at forge.game.spellability.AbilitySub.resolve(AbilitySub.java:119)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1332)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveSubAbilities(AbilityUtils.java:1325)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1339)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1309)
   at forge.game.zone.MagicStack.resolveStack(MagicStack.java:520)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1007)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1633)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:225)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:776)
Even the smallest spark may set a world ablaze
DaniUG

Postby Ayssia » 02 Nov 2017, 14:43

"The dead man's chest" achievement picture is missing (in "Alternate Win Conditions").

The stoneforge blade created by Nahiri, the Lithomancer seems doesn't have equip 0.
Ayssia

Postby KeilanL » 05 Nov 2017, 00:15

Forge keeps crashing as the card catalog loads in. I opened the forge.log file on Word and this came up:

(ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 4 cpu core(s)
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@72bd858' loaded successfully.
Read cards: 17247 archived files in 26728 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
Upcoming set Iconic Masters (IMA) dated in the future. All unaccounted cards will be added to this set with unknown rarity.
Upcoming set Iconic Masters (IMA) dated in the future. All unaccounted cards will be added to this set with unknown rarity.
KeilanL

Postby Agetian » 05 Nov 2017, 04:37

KeilanL wrote:Forge keeps crashing as the card catalog loads in. I opened the forge.log file on Word and this came up:

(ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 4 cpu core(s)
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@72bd858' loaded successfully.
Read cards: 17247 archived files in 26728 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
There's no crash from the game code (judging by the log), so it has to be some kind of an external factor, potentially a low RAM issue. What kind of device are you using and how much RAM does it have? Also, what kind of pictures do you use? (LQ, HQ, XLHQ, etc.)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby mrShickadance » 08 Nov 2017, 20:25

I have a Nexus 7 on android 5.1.1 and forge was running no problem on 1.6.2.005, but as soon as I updated for ixalen, the game crashed before even opening the loading screen 10+ times. It eventually loaded the title after many attempts, but any selection I made would take very long to respond and it will crash every time I start a match, but doesn't give error report before doing so. I was wondering if there was a way to download 1.6.2.005
Attachments
forge.log
(461 Bytes) Downloaded 170 times
mrShickadance

Postby RumbleBBU » 09 Nov 2017, 04:42

mrShickadance wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to download 1.6.2.005
Sure! Just uninstall your current Forge, then go to https://releases.cardforge.org/forge/forge-gui-android/ and navigate to the release you want. Here's the direct link to the 1.6.2.005 installer: https://releases.cardforge.org/forge/fo ... ligned.apk

(Note that when downgrading your Forge version, your game data like savefiles may be downwards incompatible and may need to be nuked before launching the older version.)

Call me paranoid, but I'm keeping copies of complete install packages for known 'good' versions of Forge on my computers. Not all Forge versions are created equal, and while they have been generally more stable, on the average, than they used to be a few years ago, it's always a downer when some feature or card I really love to use is broken and unusable in a specific version of Forge. For the record, the version I'm using on my Android phones is 1.6.1.004, modified with my custom content (custom cards and sets, custom worlds etc.). It lacks the Ixalan cards but it's stable and runs seamlessly with my custom stuff in it.
RumbleBBU

Postby DaniUG » 10 Nov 2017, 07:18

There is a problem with the card Fractured Identity.
Screenshot_20171109-233808.png

As you can see in my screenshot, the AI plays Fractured Identity on me, and gives me the resulting token when it should give one token copy of the spell (Into the Wilds) to everyone but me. It's a Commander game.
DaniUG

Postby DaniUG » 15 Nov 2017, 10:47

Hello there. how is it going?
I believe I found a bug. Maybe it's not but in that case I hope someone can explain what it is I'm not understanding.
I found a silly combo on tumblr that consists on having Lethal Vapors on the board. I casted Teferi's Protection and while it is on the stack I activated Lethal Vapors 50 times. I also had on board a Grand Abolisher on the board to lock the AI.
So as far a I understand Lethal Vapors should have skipped me 50 turns, then Teferi's Protection should have resolved granting me inmunity from everything until my next turn, that wasn't going to come until the AI had his 50 turns and run out of cards in his library (it had 45), and I should have won with this weird "mill" thing.

What happened is that after I did all that, I ended my turn. The AI attacked me next turn and killed me. (I was low on health by that time). I mean Teferi's Protection says clearly that my total life can't change until my next turn.... Even if the combo was badly executed and for some reason did not work, Teferi should have protected me until my next turn, right?
DaniUG

Postby shteev » 15 Nov 2017, 16:44

Opponent had a Watertrap Weaver, enchanted with a One With the Wind.

I cast Hijack at it.

I gained control of the Watertrap Weaver as expected, but the enchantment was sacrificed and went to the graveyard.
shteev

Postby Sprague » 20 Nov 2017, 22:02

Is there some way to cancel the "Checking for Updates?" It never seems to finish checking, but just keeps on loading and loading forever. I'd like to able to skip that step, so I can play Forge.
Sprague

Postby RumbleBBU » 21 Nov 2017, 14:10

An issue that is probably not specific to Android or a specific Forge version but is most readily noticeable on my least powerful Android phone.

Playing the quest mode, sometimes when the duel starts, I get an emtpy battlefield. No cards, no buttons, just the face pics and an empty battlefield. And my savefile is broken, 0kb. (Oh, those backup savefiles are a lifesaver in situations like this! 8) )

But I think I have a hunch how/why this happens...

It occurred to me that this typically happened when I had done something to my deck and then started a duel, e.g., modified my playdeck after getting a nice new card or picked a different deck against a specific opponent (e.g., an artifact-hate deck).

So here's my theory.

Forge tends to save your quest progress every now and then, which is generally a good thing. But it doesn't halt the game to do that, it does it in the background. Now, I don't have the source code in front of me, but from what I remember, I think Forge would save your quest game when you change your deck and switch the screen, and then a second time when you start a duel. That's two save routines in a very short time. So I'm guessing what happened is that the first background save process wasn't finished yet when Forge tried to run the second background save process, and the conflicting simultaneous save processes broke the quest savefile.

Without looking at the source, I can't confirm if that is indeed the case - but now, when I have changed my deck and switched back to the duel screen, I wait two or three seconds before I start a duel. Haven't had a broken savefile since.
RumbleBBU

Postby dungeonmasterforhire » 03 Dec 2017, 11:20

Crashes while building or testing commander decks. Log files attached. This update renders Forge unusable, as it is unable to complete a single match without crashing and restarting at some point during the game. Everything worked fine on this android tablet before the update. Minimize lock is enabled in settings per the posted recommendation.

Crash #1: (ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 4 cpu core(s)
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@41dd10b0' loaded successfully.
Read cards: 17247 archived files in 34669 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
[AI Preferences] AI profile Default was chosen for the lobby player Anthony.
[AI Preferences] AI profile Default was chosen for the lobby player William.

Crash #2: (ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 4 cpu core(s)
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@41d71230' loaded successfully.
Read cards: 17247 archived files in 35417 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
[AI Preferences] AI profile Default was chosen for the lobby player Bryce.
[AI Preferences] AI profile Default was chosen for the lobby player Kathleen.
Correcting zone for Serra Ascendant (85)
Send countered spell to Graveyard

Crash #3: (ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 4 cpu core(s)
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@41d83320' loaded successfully.
Read cards: 17247 archived files in 27532 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
[AI Preferences] AI profile Default was chosen for the lobby player Cameron.
dungeonmasterforhire

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.5.001

Postby Agetian » 03 Dec 2017, 15:48

UPDATE (12/03/17): Forge for Android v1.6.5.001 has been released. This version is released in sync with desktop Forge v1.6.5 and features the same changes and updates as that version of Forge. Many changes have been made under the hood, improving some card scripts and card Oracle text, making keyword functionality more rule-correct in certain corner cases, etc. Also, this version features a significant AI overhaul when it comes to AI card playability (700+ cards have been marked as AI playable which were previously unplayable by the AI). Enjoy!

NOTE: There is a known issue in this version related to Suspend cards and changing zones (the Suspend keyword ability gets duplicated after the card that was resolved via Suspend changes zones, e.g. is exiled). We will try to address this issue soon.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.5.001

Postby lefty » 05 Dec 2017, 16:57

CRASH REPORT: Forge crashed when Silkwrap left the battlefield. Silkwrap had exiled my Hooded Hydra while it was face down and had 2 +1/+1 counters on it. Not sure if crash is due to Silkwrap trigger breaking or Forge having a hard time trying to sort out face-down plus counters on a card returning from exile.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.6.5.001
Operating System: Linux 3.10.61-11738507 armv8l
Java Version:     0 The Android Project

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean forge.game.zone.Zone.is(forge.game.zone.ZoneType)' on a null object reference
   at forge.game.spellability.Spell.canPlay(Spell.java:111)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactoryUtil$1.canPlay(CardFactoryUtil.java:95)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.canPlay(SpellAbility.java:273)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbilityView.updateCanPlay(SpellAbilityView.java:57)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.setActivatingPlayer(SpellAbility.java:332)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.copySpellAbility(CardFactory.java:585)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.copy(SpellAbility.java:804)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.copy(SpellAbility.java:784)
   at forge.game.card.CardState.copyFrom(CardState.java:383)
   at forge.game.card.CardUtil.getLKICopy(CardUtil.java:207)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runNonStaticTriggersForPlayer(TriggerHandler.java:414)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:378)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTriggers(TriggerHandler.java:327)
   at forge.game.GameAction.checkStateEffects(GameAction.java:1027)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.checkStateBasedEffects(PhaseHandler.java:1029)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:940)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1634)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:225)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:762)
lefty

PreviousNext

Return to Forge