It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:56

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.15.003

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Which version of Android are you using on the primary device that you run Forge on?

Poll ended at 01 Aug 2017, 08:12

Android 4
9%
Android 5
12%
Android 6
29%
Android 7
50%

Total votes : 34

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.3.002

Postby Agetian » 27 Sep 2017, 14:14

Kawashy wrote:The app does not start and gets a black screen.
As always in this scenario, the contents of Forge.log are highly welcome (and, in fact, needed for me to be of any help) :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Kawashy » 27 Sep 2017, 17:55

Sorry, Agetian. I had not put it because I was not sure if a log was generated since the program always stays on the black screen.
Attachments
forge.txt
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Kawashy

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.3.001

Postby Magicus » 27 Sep 2017, 20:08

Agetian wrote:
Magicus wrote:Vampire Nocturnus: doesn't reveal the top card of the library (though the boost effect is correctly applied if the card on top is really black).
Hmm, I can't reproduce this. What exactly do you mean that it doesn't reveal the top card of the library? If I click on the library icon (both in desktop and mobile Forge), it correctly shows the top card face up, which is similar to how this effect operates for Courser of Kruphix and other similar cards...

- Agetian
Sorry, my mistake, was not really clear - I meant Vanguard avatar, not the actual card from M10 (which is indeed working correctly).

friarsol wrote:
Magicus wrote:Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: she is transformed only in case you activate her damage ability 3 times in one turn. But as is confirmed also by Oracle, it should consider all kinds of damage, including combat. Currently if you use her ability once, untap her, and attack unblocked the card is not transformed afterwards.
Your suggestion here is incorrect. The transformation ability is tied to her activated ability. So if you attack first, then cast a red spell, then activate the ability. It will transform. Because it only checks the ability while that ability is resolving.
Yeah, makes sense, but only due to being part of the same paragraph as her activated ability. Because I thought they use to word such cases differently/more precisely, to avoid any ambiguity - something like "Tap: do something, then/if you do (depending on the first effect being mandatory or not) do something else."
Keeping it as an unconnected sentence would otherwise suggest, that it is a separate triggered ability ("At any time, if Chandra dealt 3 damage during the same turn, exile and transform her.").
Magicus

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 04:32

Kawashy wrote:Sorry, Agetian. I had not put it because I was not sure if a log was generated since the program always stays on the black screen.
Hmm, looks like your Forge data is corrupt, maybe the assets file downloaded in a corrupt form or something. Try deleting the "res" folder of your Forge installation and starting the game again, it should offer to download the assets again, which you should agree to do. Then see if that fixes the issue for you. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 04:34

Magicus wrote:
Agetian wrote:
Magicus wrote:Vampire Nocturnus: doesn't reveal the top card of the library (though the boost effect is correctly applied if the card on top is really black).
Hmm, I can't reproduce this. What exactly do you mean that it doesn't reveal the top card of the library? If I click on the library icon (both in desktop and mobile Forge), it correctly shows the top card face up, which is similar to how this effect operates for Courser of Kruphix and other similar cards...

- Agetian
Sorry, my mistake, was not really clear - I meant Vanguard avatar, not the actual card from M10 (which is indeed working correctly).

friarsol wrote:
Magicus wrote:Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: she is transformed only in case you activate her damage ability 3 times in one turn. But as is confirmed also by Oracle, it should consider all kinds of damage, including combat. Currently if you use her ability once, untap her, and attack unblocked the card is not transformed afterwards.
Your suggestion here is incorrect. The transformation ability is tied to her activated ability. So if you attack first, then cast a red spell, then activate the ability. It will transform. Because it only checks the ability while that ability is resolving.
Yeah, makes sense, but only due to being part of the same paragraph as her activated ability. Because I thought they use to word such cases differently/more precisely, to avoid any ambiguity - something like "Tap: do something, then/if you do (depending on the first effect being mandatory or not) do something else."
Keeping it as an unconnected sentence would otherwise suggest, that it is a separate triggered ability ("At any time, if Chandra dealt 3 damage during the same turn, exile and transform her.").
Vampire Nocturnus Avatar is now fixed. :)

Also, re: Chandra - yeah, this is kind of the inherent danger in Oracle templating, which is very subtle: with too much metalanguage you kind of start expecting a specific wording in all cases, and I guess it's easy to miss the obvious things like something being written under the same "{T}:" heading or whatever. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Kawashy » 28 Sep 2017, 09:39

The problem now is that I play a game of commander and the program gets a black screen and leaves the game alone.
Attachments
forge.txt
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Kawashy

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 10:18

Kawashy wrote:The problem now is that I play a game of commander and the program gets a black screen and leaves the game alone.
Hmm, can't reproduce this and there is no indication of any specific crash in the log this time... Maybe it's possible to try reinstalling the .apk again (from the link in the first post), maybe that would help?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Wvangieson » 28 Sep 2017, 12:55

Never had this problem before but in new version when I target opponent with discard and they don't have a valid target in their hand the app crashes
Wvangieson

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 13:19

Wvangieson wrote:Never had this problem before but in new version when I target opponent with discard and they don't have a valid target in their hand the app crashes
Can you give a specific example? I fixed a similar issue just recently, but there might be another case where it might be relevant and still happen (but I need to know the name of the discard spell you're talking about to investigate and fix). Also, the log of the crash would be nice (in case you have it).

Better yet, I'm about to release 1.6.3.003, please upgrade to it once it's up and check if the problem still happens for you. If it does, the card name + the crash log would be very handy ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.3.003

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 13:31

UPDATE (09/28/17): Forge for Android v1.6.3.003 has been released. It is primarily a hotfix aimed at fixing the crash issue with some discard cards (if you still experience a crash when targeting an opponent who happens not to have legal cards for discard, please provide the crash log and the name of the card that crashed for you). This version also contains minor AI fixes and improvements.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Magicus » 28 Sep 2017, 15:24

Agetian wrote:Vampire Nocturnus Avatar is now fixed. :)
Thank you very much for the quick fix, I can confirm, that it is now working correctly.
Though it looks like something else got broken by this fix, because it now shows me an opponent's hand at the beginning of the match (only in case an opponent uses this Vanguard) - which I am pretty certain it shouldn't do :)
Attachments
Screenshot (05-06PM, Sep 28, 2017).png
Magicus

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 16:09

Fixed this one too :) Basically, the effect started working too early (before the game actually started) :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Kawashy » 28 Sep 2017, 17:53

At certain times the game is on the black screen and leaves alone, but I think it should be my device. I have already installed an old version, I have already updated it and the problem continues.
Kawashy

Postby Agetian » 28 Sep 2017, 18:15

Kawashy wrote:At certain times the game is on the black screen and leaves alone, but I think it should be my device. I have already installed an old version, I have already updated it and the problem continues.
Hmm, then yeah, it might be device-specific :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Rakanoth » 28 Sep 2017, 23:05

Have any link to download low quality pictures? because I can't download a lot of them in forge.
Rakanoth

PreviousNext

Return to Forge