It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:20

Text Size

Forge Release 07/22/2017 ver 1.6.1

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 07/22/2017 ver 1.6.1

Postby correioalternativo » 03 Aug 2017, 03:14

Agetian wrote:This particular deck file shows up just fine in stock Forge 1.6.1, so it has to be something specific to your installation... I don't have the Unglued lands installed, so I removed the "|UG" set definitions for basic lands, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with loading up and correctly showing this deck in Forge 1.6.1.

- Agetian
I made a test: extracted Forge 1.6.1. to a new folder "Test", no personal editions, no personal skins… when I ran forge.exe, still no pic for Brainstorm – five Brainstorm ICE. Many other cards have the same issue: no image and repeated.

What do you suggest?

Thank you for Forge.
correioalternativo

Postby Agetian » 03 Aug 2017, 03:57

correioalternativo wrote:
Agetian wrote:This particular deck file shows up just fine in stock Forge 1.6.1, so it has to be something specific to your installation... I don't have the Unglued lands installed, so I removed the "|UG" set definitions for basic lands, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with loading up and correctly showing this deck in Forge 1.6.1.

- Agetian
I made a test: extracted Forge 1.6.1. to a new folder "Test", no personal editions, no personal skins… when I ran forge.exe, still no pic for Brainstorm – five Brainstorm ICE. Many other cards have the same issue: no image and repeated.

What do you suggest?

Thank you for Forge.
I vaguely recall that there was an interesting issue a while ago with someone saying that the deck editor got full of odd cards with no pictures (just like you're saying) and that was caused by issues when loading some *other* decks that had illegal card definitions in them. Just to put this out of the way, can you temporarily move all the decks you have out of your profile folder (except for maybe the one you referenced above), then load Forge and see if you still have the weird issues you're mentioning?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Seravy » 03 Aug 2017, 04:17

If your quest settings points to a deck name that isn't valid in the current quest, it can also cause weird errors when loading the game (it will fail to recognize valid cards), and this can easily happen if you play multiple quests because the chosen deck name is shared between them. All you need to do is pick a deck, select a different quest which doesn't have a deck with the same name, and leave the game without picking a deck to get that bug happen.
I suggest defining an empty folder for that test copy in forge.profile.properties so it doesn't try to load your broken personal data.
Seravy

Postby correioalternativo » 03 Aug 2017, 14:41

Agetian wrote:
I vaguely recall that there was an interesting issue a while ago with someone saying that the deck editor got full of odd cards with no pictures (just like you're saying) and that was caused by issues when loading some *other* decks that had illegal card definitions in them. Just to put this out of the way, can you temporarily move all the decks you have out of your profile folder (except for maybe the one you referenced above), then load Forge and see if you still have the weird issues you're mentioning?
With only Black Vise x1.dck in AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\constructed Forge works fine.
I have ~13800 .dck files. How to find the broken deck?
Seravy wrote:If your quest settings points to a deck name that isn't valid in the current quest, it can also cause weird errors when loading the game (it will fail to recognize valid cards), and this can easily happen if you play multiple quests because the chosen deck name is shared between them. All you need to do is pick a deck, select a different quest which doesn't have a deck with the same name, and leave the game without picking a deck to get that bug happen.
I suggest defining an empty folder for that test copy in forge.profile.properties so it doesn't try to load your broken personal data.
I never played Quest Mode, only Constructed.

Thank you Agetian and thank you Seravy.
correioalternativo

Postby Agetian » 03 Aug 2017, 17:46

correioalternativo wrote:With only Black Vise x1.dck in AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\constructed Forge works fine.
Is there any odd output in the console while the game is loading? (something along the lines of trying to load an unsupported card or a card from a set in which it doesn't exist)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Mageta the Lion » 03 Aug 2017, 19:17

Opponent stole Extruder with Jeering Instigator and put 10 +1/+1 counters on it with its own ability without sacrificing anything.
Mageta the Lion

Postby Twainer » 04 Aug 2017, 03:21

A bug with Imaginary Threats - It currently prevents creatures on both sides from untapping for the rest of the game (rather than just the target player for 1 turn)
Twainer

Postby Xyx » 04 Aug 2017, 11:02

Gate to the Afterlife triggers when tokens die. (At least, it did when my Angel of Invention servos died.)
Xyx
Tester

Postby correioalternativo » 04 Aug 2017, 16:58

Agetian wrote:
correioalternativo wrote:With only Black Vise x1.dck in AppData\Roaming\Forge\decks\constructed Forge works fine.
Is there any odd output in the console while the game is loading? (something along the lines of trying to load an unsupported card or a card from a set in which it doesn't exist)

- Agetian
I don't think so. I see: Welcome to Forge... Loading cards from file... Processing sprites... Loading decks... Opening main window...

The txt file in AppData\Roaming\Forge is strange:

forge0 | Open
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@cf768c' loaded successfully.
(ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 8 cpu core(s)
Read cards: 16926 archived files in 827 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
Upcoming set Commander 2017 (C17) dated in the future. All unaccounted cards will be added to this set with unknown rarity.
Upcoming set Commander 2017 (C17) dated in the future. All unaccounted cards will be added to this set with unknown rarity.
An unsupported card was requested: "Pendelhaven" from "Legends" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Brainstorm" from "Fifth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Brainstorm" from "Fifth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Diabolic Edict" from "Masterpiece Series - Amonkhet" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Harm's Way" from "Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Island" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Dark Ritual" from "Unlimited Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Swamp" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Spike Feeder" from "Commander" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Spike Feeder" from "Commander" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Contagion" from "Alliances" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Skittering Horror" from "Urza's Destiny" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Island" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Death Spark" from "Alliances" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Diabolic Edict" from "Masterpiece Series - Amonkhet" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Mountain" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Sulfurous Springs" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Swamp" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
correioalternativo

Postby Ldcs8T4EAnj8h5ZMD8rf » 04 Aug 2017, 19:13

Jace, Telepath Unbound is still bugged. When AI attempts to activate its -3 loyalty ability on a valid target in its graveyard, the loyalty is reduced but the ability doesn't resolve. Log reads "[Couldn't add to stack, failed to target]".
Ldcs8T4EAnj8h5ZMD8rf

Postby Seravy » 04 Aug 2017, 20:05

correioalternativo wrote:
Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
I don't think so. I see: Welcome to Forge... Loading cards from file... Processing sprites... Loading decks... Opening main window...

The txt file in AppData\Roaming\Forge is strange:

forge0 | Open
Language 'java.util.PropertyResourceBundle@cf768c' loaded successfully.
(ThreadUtil first call): Running on a machine with 8 cpu core(s)
Read cards: 16926 archived files in 827 ms (25 parts) using thread pool
An unsupported card was requested: "Pendelhaven" from "Legends" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Harm's Way" from "Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Dark Ritual" from "Unlimited Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Contagion" from "Alliances" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Skittering Horror" from "Urza's Destiny" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Death Spark" from "Alliances" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Mountain" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
An unsupported card was requested: "Sulfurous Springs" from "Tenth Edition" set. We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet.
That looks very similar to my quest mode bug, except the cards listed are different. Try deleting your quest preferences file or somehow change the selected quest deck name (create a new quest deck?). (It's possible that it isn't the only way to trigger the bug though but worth a try)
Seravy

Postby correioalternativo » 05 Aug 2017, 17:37

Seravy wrote:That looks very similar to my quest mode bug, except the cards listed are different. Try deleting your quest preferences file or somehow change the selected quest deck name (create a new quest deck?). (It's possible that it isn't the only way to trigger the bug though but worth a try)
I tried resetting preferences, options etc. Very strange errors appeared, for example: my deck has Grinning Totem from Mirage, but Forge shows Grinning Totem from Sixth Edition and does not let me cast the card, it is like click on blank space :?
correioalternativo

Postby RumbleBBU » 06 Aug 2017, 05:05

Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior bug and fix

Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior's triggered ability doesn't trigger properly. He is supposed to be able to shuffle back to your library from your graveyard, only he doesn't. He remains in your graveyard even if you answer "Yes".

The problem is in this line:
Code: Select all
SVar:TrigReturn:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Library | Shuffle$ True
It doesn't define a Target or a Defined. In older Forge versions, that was fine - ChangeZone defaulted to 'self' if no Target or Defined was set. Current Forge wants you to state explicitly what the ChangeZone ability is supposed to affect. Apparently, not many people play Portal series cards so this hasn't come up before. :) I don't know if there are other cards that have a similar issue.

Here is a version of the script that fixes the problem. There are several values for Defined$ that would work, I'm using the same method as Alabaster Dragon does:
| Open
Code: Select all
Name:Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior
ManaCost:3 W W
Types:Legendary Creature Human Soldier Warrior
PT:3/5
K:Horsemanship
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigReturn | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may shuffle CARDNAME into your library.
SVar:TrigReturn:AB$ChangeZone | Cost$ 0 | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Library | Shuffle$ True | Defined$ TriggeredCard
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/guan_yu_sainted_warrior.jpg
Oracle:Horsemanship (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with horsemanship.)\nWhen Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may shuffle Guan Yu into your library.
RumbleBBU

Postby Diena » 09 Aug 2017, 09:20

Hi

Using the version 1.6.1, I cast "Hour of Revelation" with on battlefield "Crested Sunmare", horse tokens and other non-land permanents.
After resolution, all the non-land permanents are not on the battlefield including the Horse tokens.
Normally, they should survive because of the indestructibility granted by "Crested Sunmare".
Diena

Postby Indigo Dragon » 09 Aug 2017, 09:58

Going through CardFactoryUtil.java, the Keyword Fabricate N (eg. Marionette Master) only produces 'TokenImage$ c 1 1 servo KLD'. It should be the standard '| TokenImage$ c 1 1 servo | TokenAltImages$ c_1_1_servo2,c_1_1_servo3'.
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Forge