It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:06

Text Size

I can't run Forge anymore

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

I can't run Forge anymore

Postby CJMagic2004 » 18 Aug 2017, 18:24

When I opened forge to download the latest version of Forge, I accidentally hit the back button on my phone and it brought me back to The home screen. When I tried to open it again, it stayed on this black screen and never opened again. A few days earlier, I lost the ability to load my previously made quests on quest mode. When I try, it shows "Loading Quests" and never actually loads them. It crashes Upon me touching the screen. I don't know what to do about it.Ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to be working. Does anyone know what I should do?
CJMagic2004

Re: I can't run Forge anymore

Postby Agetian » 19 Aug 2017, 04:18

In case it's not able to finish loading the quests (possibly because a quest file got corrupt), try deleting (or moving away) the quest save files from your profile folder (possibly under "data" in the Forge installation folder, for memory, but you may have to search a little if I'm wrong) - they're under "quest/saves". This should allow you to start Forge again.

You may be able to restore your save from a backup if you figure out which one is misbehaving: delete the appropriate ".dat" file and rename the backup ".dat.bak" file back to the ".dat" file (for example, delete "myquest.dat" and then rename "myquest.dat.bak" to "myquest.dat".

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: I can't run Forge anymore

Postby CJMagic2004 » 20 Aug 2017, 20:43

I have deleted all of my quest save files. While it might have made me be able to load quests again, I still have the problem of not being able to start forge in the first place.Im clueless
CJMagic2004

Return to Forge