It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:52

Text Size

Can Not Upload Files!!! Problem With The Forum???

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Can Not Upload Files!!! Problem With The Forum???

Postby bink » 14 Sep 2017, 13:06

Hi Guys,

For whatever reason I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts. I have always had this problem but after trying it a couple of time the files would usually attach to the post. Now I can't get it to work no matter how many times I try. I have decent quality card images for Ixalan and Eternal Masters properly named and ready to go for Forge, that I would like to share with you guys but can't. Has anyone else had this problem with the forums. More importantly does anyone have a solution?

Hope you guys can help,
Bink
bink

Re: Can Not Upload Files!!! Problem With The Forum???

Postby friarsol » 14 Sep 2017, 13:43

Probably the file size of the upload isn't supported by the forums..
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Fizanko » 14 Sep 2017, 20:28

Possible workaround is to use good file hosters like Dropbox , Google Drive or even Mediafire that are the most solid (in term of your files not getting deleted after a certain time or small amount of download) , but those require an account in order to upload any files (no need of account to download).

So you upload your file that is too big for the board attachement and then post a link to the uploaded file for download .

There's probably Mega too but i have no experience of using their services for uploading, though i imagine they are a very solid solution too considering the MTG HQ pictures team use them.

There are some file hosting websites that do not require accounts, but they're usually only going to keep the uploaded files for a short time or short amount of downloads, unfortunately can't recommend any of them as i don't use those.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby bink » 14 Sep 2017, 21:57

friarsol wrote:Probably the file size of the upload isn't supported by the forums..
Would you happen to know the file size limit off hand? These files are only around 12mb.
bink

Postby bink » 14 Sep 2017, 23:40

I posted the pictures elsewhere on the forum. Here they are if any of you need them.

bink wrote:Hi Guy's

I know this is probably posted in the incorrect spot but I figure there are quite a few users looking for these. Decent quality card images for Ixalan and Iconic Masters, named properly and ready to go for Forge. I know Ixalan isn't fully spoiled so as my son would say. "You get what you get and you don't get upset."

Ixalan Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_O3 ... zJoVkR0ZHc

Iconic Masters Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_O3 ... m13V0FZcTA

Please let me know is you have trouble with these links. I couldn't attach the files to the post.
bink

Postby afk1985 » 16 Sep 2017, 06:39

I also had difficulty uploading my most recent theme/skin to Forge. Apparently, there is a 2 megabyte per file upload limit. I use a program called, WinRAR to compress files before uploading. Even so, it took me multiple attempts and image format changes to create a .zip file small enough to meet the upload requirement.

I'm thankful to bink for starting this thread. It let me know other forum users were experiencing upload problems too. The only answer I found was to get all files you're uploading under 2 megabytes per upload or break larger collections of files up so each individual part you post is less than 2 megabytes each.
afk1985

Return to Forge