It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:24

Text Size

Forge for macOS 1.6.53

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge for macOS 1.6.49

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Jun 2022, 16:57

Darkyl wrote:I tried running the latest version on my m1 mac, it was initially complaining about missing Java runtime environment which I fixed, but it doesn’t seem to be running and I’m not seeing any error messages on the screen. Anyone knows if m1 is supported?
m1 support should be on latest snapshots (Snapshots has LibGDX 1.11.0 which has m1 mac support). though I don't know how it would run on a mac since I don't have a mac and only tested it with windows and linux.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: Forge for macOS 1.6.53

Postby Agetian » 11 Jun 2022, 12:38

UPDATE (06/11/22): Forge for macOS v1.6.53 has been released. It's a version based on desktop Forge v1.6.53, please check the relevant thread for release information. The mobile backport is also available. Enjoy!

Please note that this version is largely untested due to the fact that no one on the dev team has a Mac to test/run things on. M1 support is most likely absent for the time being, no specific work was done in this direction, once again, since no developer has a M1 Mac machine to test things on. Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues launching this version of Forge on a standard Mac (non-M1). If you do, I may try to ask a friend who owns a Mac to test and figure out what's going on. That's currently the best we can do for Mac support, unfortunately.
Do note that we're looking for active Mac version maintainers. If you have a Mac (especially if you have both a classic Mac and an M1 machine), know Java, and would like to spend some time developing Forge with Mac support in mind, please contact us on Discord.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby sriracha » 12 Jun 2022, 11:49

The executable in the Desktop download says it's the mobile version and won't start on my "classic" Mac:

Code: Select all
volga: bill > ls -al Java/
total 72360
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 bill  staff        96 Jun 11 15:28 ./
drwxr-xr-x@ 8 bill  staff       256 Sep 29  2017 ../
-rw-rw-r--@ 1 bill  staff  37047534 Jun 11 15:25 forge-gui-mobile-dev-1.6.54-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
volga: bill > java -jar Java/forge-gui-mobile-dev-1.6.54-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwInit(GLFW.java:1046)
   at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.Lwjgl3Application.initializeGlfw(Lwjgl3Application.java:88)
   at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl3.Lwjgl3ApplicationConfiguration.getDisplayMode(Lwjgl3ApplicationConfiguration.java:219)
   at forge.app.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW may only be used on the main thread and that thread must be the first thread in the process. Please run the JVM with -XstartOnFirstThread. This check may be disabled with Configuration.GLFW_CHECK_THREAD0.
   at org.lwjgl.glfw.EventLoop.<clinit>(EventLoop.java:30)
   ... 4 more
sriracha

Postby Agetian » 15 Jun 2022, 03:51

@sriracha: Should be fixed, please redownload the desktop version and try again.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby sriracha » 15 Jun 2022, 13:17

@agetian - thanks. I grabbed it and installed. The Launcher fails to start things because it's throwing a series of exceptions. However, when run directly via java it does let me get past those and it runs. This is the same behavior that the Linux/Windows binary has.
I'll attach a text file with the exceptions.
Attachments
mac-forge-startup-trace.txt
stack traces
(61.13 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
sriracha

Postby kevlahnota » 15 Jun 2022, 13:28

sriracha wrote:@agetian - thanks. I grabbed it and installed. The Launcher fails to start things because it's throwing a series of exceptions. However, when run directly via java it does let me get past those and it runs. This is the same behavior that the Linux/Windows binary has.
I'll attach a text file with the exceptions.
if you use java 11 and greater, you need to add extra parameter to load them correctly. try adding these to your command line:
--add-opens java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.math=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.beans=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.border=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.event=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.color=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.awt.image=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.java2d=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.event=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.geom=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf=ALL-UNNAMED -Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true
or run the included forge.sh
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 17 Jun 2022, 03:06

Yeah, on Windows and Linux there's a script file that detects and sets up those parameters, but on Mac, I'm actually not sure how to approach this because the game is run through a package. There's no way for me to tweak/experiment/test things, sadly, because I don't own a Mac machine, but I'll see if I can get a friend to collaborate on this.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby sriracha » 08 Jul 2022, 21:02

forge.sh works on the Mac just fine it seems (sorry for the late response - I never got notifications about the replies.
Anyway - I can live with that - thanks!
sriracha

Postby adamology » 22 Jul 2022, 16:14

sriracha wrote:When I try to run the new OSX Forge, it fails silently. Running it directly via the terminal results in this error:

volga: bill > MacOS/JavaAppLauncher
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DSN is required. Use empty string to disable SDK.
   at io.sentry.Sentry.initConfigurations(Sentry.java:199)
   at io.sentry.Sentry.init(Sentry.java:169)
   at io.sentry.Sentry.init(Sentry.java:140)
   at forge.view.Main.main(Main.java:37)

volga: bill > java -jar Java/forge-gui-desktop-1.6.50-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DSN is required. Use empty string to disable SDK.
   at io.sentry.Sentry.initConfigurations(Sentry.java:199)
   at io.sentry.Sentry.init(Sentry.java:169)
   at io.sentry.Sentry.init(Sentry.java:140)
   at forge.view.Main.main(Main.java:37)
I've been living with these same problems for a little while. I pulled down the code and tried to run the built artifact, and observed the same DSN error. I did also downgrade to a java 8 JDK/JRE. I was able to build a version of the application (Forge.dmg) that launches by adding options.setDsn(""); in main:

public static void main(final String[] args) {

Sentry.init(options -> {
            options.setEnableExternalConfiguration(true);
            options.setRelease(BuildInfo.getVersionString());
            options.setEnvironment(System.getProperty("os.name"));
            options.setTag("Java Version", System.getProperty("java.version"));
            options.setDsn("");
        }, true);
adamology

Postby jstatnekov » 02 Nov 2022, 03:59

adamology wrote:
sriracha wrote:When I try to run the new OSX Forge, it fails silently.
I ran into this issue as well. Perhaps not strangely, it also appears when I try the 1.6.53 build on my Arch Linux OS.

@adamology Thanks for the advice about the options, I'll try doing a personal build with that change.
jstatnekov

Postby sriracha » 02 Nov 2022, 15:05

I've been using the linux build and running it via the forge.sh script just fine since then.
ymmv
sriracha

Postby zzz6519003 » 31 Jul 2023, 06:48

It crash on my latest beta oversion of macos
zzz6519003

Previous

Return to Forge