It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:23

Text Size

Mulligan Bug | Regenerate Bug

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Mulligan Bug | Regenerate Bug

Postby Ronin009 » 06 Oct 2017, 01:34

I'm playing the newest version of the PC version. I mulliganed down to 4 cards, you're supposed to scry 3 at that point, but the game only let me scry 1.

Edit: Also, to cut down on extra threads:

The game won't let me use a creature's regenerate ability from the graveyard, even if it's on my turn.
Ronin009

Re: Mulligan Bug | Regenerate Bug

Postby kevlahnota » 06 Oct 2017, 01:53

Ronin009 wrote:I'm playing the newest version of the PC version. I mulliganed down to 4 cards, you're supposed to scry 3 at that point, but the game only let me scry 1.

Edit: Also, to cut down on extra threads:

The game won't let me use a creature's regenerate ability from the graveyard, even if it's on my turn.
About mulligan it seems its ok, have a read here: https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Mulligan

Any player dissatisfied with their hand, for any reason and without being required to reveal that hand, may return his or her hand to their library for an opportunity to draw a new one, after shuffling.[1][2][3][4] The choice to take a mulligan is made after the starting player is determined, but prior to any other action. Players may take multiple mulligans, until either they are satisfied with their new hand, or they draw a hand of zero cards.

In most cases, sanctioned play requires that players use the "Vancouver" mulligan process. In this process, the player draws one fewer card in each new hand, and if the player keeps a hand with fewer cards than their starting hand size, that player may scry 1 once all mulligans are completed.[5] Multiplayer games utilize a slightly different mulligan process.

One card, Serum Powder, interacts with mulligans.[6] Abilities that may be used while a card is in your opening hand, such as the first ability on Leyline of Anticipation, may only be used after all mulligans are completed.
Also what card you want to use for regenerate? Does the regenerate ability text allows you to activate the card from the graveyard?
kevlahnota
Programmer

Re: Mulligan Bug | Regenerate Bug

Postby friarsol » 06 Oct 2017, 02:13

You don't regenerate creatures from graveyards, this is a common mistake of new players. Regeneration creates bubbles that prevents creatures from dying, if they would.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge