It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:21

Text Size

Need Help: Game Is Completely Broken

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Need Help: Game Is Completely Broken

Postby Ronin009 » 06 Oct 2017, 03:15

Most recent version of the PC version. I was playing a quest duel and some how the windows of the game screen got messed up. I tried to adjust them, but there didn't seem to be any way to resize them or revert to the original default layout. Now the game just crashes out every time I try to start a duel.

I've attached the log from the last crash. I tried to reinstall Forge, but it continues to crash.
Attachments
2017-10-05-00.txt
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Ronin009

Re: Need Help: Game Is Completely Broken

Postby Fizanko » 07 Oct 2017, 18:20

To reset all the windows and etc.. interface position :
- Launch Forge
- Go to "Game Settings"
- Preferences
click on "Reset to Default Settings" , "Reset Match Layout", "Reset Editor Layout" , "Reset Workshop Layout"

If for whatever reason this does not reset the interface to default (or if you can't even launch Forge anymore), go to where your Forge data is saved, on PC if you didn't modified the forge.profile.properties , it should be :
C:/Users/<your username>/Application Data/Roaming/Forge/
or
C:/Users/<your username>/Application Data/Local/Forge/

Or if you can launch Forge, at the Game Settings -> Preferences just click on "Open User Directory"

Then in the folder named "preferences", delete the files that are in it so next time you launch Forge, it will default the preferences.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Re: Need Help: Game Is Completely Broken

Postby Ronin009 » 07 Oct 2017, 20:27

Actually I found a simple solution. In the roaming/Forge folder there was a file called "match". Deleting that file caused Forge to start behaving normally, (and the window layout reverted to the default as well.)
Ronin009

Return to Forge