It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:54

Text Size

Bug Report of Overwhelming Splendor (for Ruling 9/29/2017)

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Report of Overwhelming Splendor (for Ruling 9/29/2017)

Postby wty4321 » 22 Oct 2017, 11:18

Overwhelming Splendor - Rulings

9/29/2017: If a creature enters the battlefield under enchanted player's control, any “when [this creature] enters the battlefield” abilities of that creature won't trigger. Any “as [this creature] enters the battlefield” or “[this creature] enters the battlefield with” abilities won't be applied. This is a change from previous rulings.

[Bug found on Forge Release 09/29/2017 ver 1.6.4]
The bug is that the adding ruling of Overwhelming Splendor - Any “as [this creature] enters the battlefield” or “[this creature] enters the battlefield with” abilities won't be applied - didn't work.

(BTW, adding ruling of Overwhelming Splendor - If a creature enters the battlefield under enchanted player's control, any “when [this creature] enters the battlefield” abilities of that creature won't trigger - works normally.)

------
For exsample:
In a 1v1 game
I have enchanted Overwhelming Splendor on my opponent.
(It's the only permanent in the battleyard except basic lands. Both players' hands, graveyards and exile zones are empty. No Instant nor Sorcery were played since the beginning of the game.)

Then in the next turn, the opponent cast Benalish Lancer. It was kicked. Finally Benalish Lancer is a 1/1 human knight with two +1/+1 counters (totally a 3/3) and has no abilities (also has no first strike).

However according to Overwhelming Splendor's Rulings, Any “as [this creature] enters the battlefield” or “[this creature] enters the battlefield with” abilities won't be applied. So even if the kick cost was paid, those two +1/+1 counters should not be put on the creature.

------
Another example:
In a 1v1 game
I have enchanted Overwhelming Splendor on my opponent, and I have Watcher in the Web on my side.
(This two cards are the only permanents in the battleyard except basic lands. Both players' hands, graveyards and exile zones are empty. No Instant nor Sorcery were played since the beginning of the game.)

Then in the next turn, the opponent cast Ixidron. It turns my Watcher in the Web face down as a 2/2. Finally Ixidron is a 1/1 Illusion with no abilities.

I believe Ixidron's ability - "As Ixidron enters the battlefield, turn all other nontoken creatures face down" - should not be applied.

------
There are some Keyword Abilities which contains “as [this creature] enters the battlefield” or “[this creature] enters the battlefield with”
(means that they also interact with Overwhelming Splendor incorrectly)

Modular (ex. Arcbound Worker)
Sunburst (ex. Etched Oracle)
Graft (ex. Cytoplast Root-Kin)
Bloodthirst (ex. Carnage Wurm)
Amplify (ex. Kilnmouth Dragon)
Devour (ex. Voracious Dragon)
Tribute (ex. Nessian Demolok)
Fading (ex. Skyshroud Behemoth)
Vanishing (ex. Aven Riftwatcher)
Unleash (ex. Rakdos Drake)

I have made a puzzle for testing this bug.
Unzip it and place in the folder ../[your Forge folder]/res/puzzle/
Then open Forge, in the Puzzle Mode, choose and start Bug Test - For Overwhelming Splendor
BugTest.zip
Bug test of Overwhelming Splendor
(910 Bytes) Downloaded 131 times
wty4321

Re: Bug Report of Overwhelming Splendor (for Ruling 9/29/201

Postby friarsol » 22 Oct 2017, 16:15

I'm not necessarily sure this is a "bug" they literally changed the ruling as we were releasing. I Believe Hanmac has done some work to apply the new ruling.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Bug Report of Overwhelming Splendor (for Ruling 9/29/201

Postby wty4321 » 22 Oct 2017, 19:32

friarsol wrote:I'm not necessarily sure this is a "bug" they literally changed the ruling as we were releasing. I Believe Hanmac has done some work to apply the new ruling.
well, I agree that. Maybe a I should call it a notice or something. XD
-----
Really love Forge, and thx the team of Forge for their efforts, as well as all people who helped making Forge better.

Just want to say thx to you gays! ;)
wty4321

Return to Forge