It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:18

Text Size

Quest World Replacement

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest World Replacement

Postby friarsol » 18 Jan 2018, 17:56

Are you a quest world builder? Are you interested in helping build a Modern Quest World that we can use as a secondary main world? While the Legacy Main World is nice and all, not everyone likes getting beat up by power nine and dual lands that you have extremely limited access to. Post your interest, work together, let's see if we can build something to add into Forge!
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Quest World Replacement

Postby Aetherborn Horror » 19 Jan 2018, 14:41

I think it's best to keep the main "hub" world much simpler than the other world. Like, all cards are allowed, but the only one the AI decks played are more straightforward in terms of game mechanics. For the power levels, have the Easy ones use mostly vanilla/simple color decks, and it ramps up toward medium, hard, and finally in expert we'll start to see things like the P9 and legacy lands.

Also regarding to the lands, I think the easier opponents should just use the "taplands" (e.g. Stone Quarry) to slow them down a bit, and them getting simpler dual lands the harder the difficulty is. Additionally, the easiest of opponents should probably just play basic lands.

Oh, and just a byword, I think it would be neat to make an alternative to the Classic and Fantasy modes called something like Chronicles, Stories, or even Saga mode where you play as a Mage/Walker in Vanguard matches against other characters (e.g. using a custom scripted Vanguard Yahenni against a custom Tezzeret). I'm still new to the game, so I'm still very vague in understanding some things, though...
Aetherborn Horror

Return to Forge