It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:15

Text Size

Forge Release 03/20/2018 ver 1.6.8

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 03/20/2018 ver 1.6.8

Postby jamincollins » 31 Mar 2018, 23:22

HarlequinCasts wrote:Lotus Bloom cannot be sacrificed for mana once it comes out from suspend. It has been a while since this card has functioned properly. I assume it is an ongoing suspend issue.
Seems to work in my testing. I added Lotus Bloom to my hand (via Dev Mode) suspended it, waited three turns, it cast, and then sacrificed it, got three mana of the selected color.

lotus-bloom-1.png

lotus-bloom-2.png
jamincollins

Postby Hydragons » 31 Mar 2018, 23:29

jamincollins wrote:
Hydragons wrote:Hey, my Forge won't start. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it,but it just won't start. I think it might be something similar to what was wrong with BigBossJeff's version, but I can't use the same solution 'cause I'm on mac.
It is the same problem, and the same solution will work. It's just the path that's different between the systems. On a Mac, the path should be something like: <your home directory>/Library/Application Support/Forge/
I went to that folder and it didn't have a folder for Forge. Is there some other work around, or am I just unable to play Planechase forever?
Attachments
I don't understand.png
Hydragons

Postby jamincollins » 31 Mar 2018, 23:30

Chakan wrote:It doesn't appear creatures dealt damage by Frostwielder are getting exiled.
I have replicated this issue and created: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/406
jamincollins

Postby jamincollins » 31 Mar 2018, 23:40

Hydragons wrote:
jamincollins wrote:
Hydragons wrote:Hey, my Forge won't start. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it,but it just won't start. I think it might be something similar to what was wrong with BigBossJeff's version, but I can't use the same solution 'cause I'm on mac.
It is the same problem, and the same solution will work. It's just the path that's different between the systems. On a Mac, the path should be something like: <your home directory>/Library/Application Support/Forge/
I went to that folder and it didn't have a folder for Forge. Is there some other work around, or am I just unable to play Planechase forever?
The workaround is to find the corrupted quest save file and remove it. It exists, because forge itself is finding it, attempting to load it, and throwing the error you posted.

The difficulty is in manually locating the file. It is possible to alter the default folder locations through a forge.profile.properties in your forge folder.

Another option is to try to locate the folder from the command line. I think something like the following, run from a terminal in your home directory, should help:

Code: Select all
find -type d -name quest
jamincollins

Postby jamincollins » 01 Apr 2018, 00:04

epsilon82 wrote:I think Insolent Neonate is not behaving properly. My understanding of the card is that if you choose to activate the ability that reads "Discard a card, Sacrifice Insolent Neonate: Draw a card", then you have to complete both actions. To be more specific, it seems under the current version (including the latest Snapshot build), you can choose to discard a card, and then it prompts you to choose whether you want to sacrifice Insolent Neonate. If you say No, you don't lose the creature nor do you draw a card but the card you discarded remains in the graveyard. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. If you want to allow the opportunity to cancel the ability, that's fine, but I don't think you're supposed to just be able to use Insolent Neonate as a permanent unconditional discard outlet.
This is an issue with the undo system, created: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/407
jamincollins

Postby nssantos » 01 Apr 2018, 11:00

Yes, follows
Attachments
forge.log
(479.36 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
nssantos

Postby Hydragons » 01 Apr 2018, 13:26

jamincollins wrote:
Hydragons wrote:
jamincollins wrote:It is the same problem, and the same solution will work. It's just the path that's different between the systems. On a Mac, the path should be something like: <your home directory>/Library/Application Support/Forge/
The workaround is to find the corrupted quest save file and remove it. It exists, because forge itself is finding it, attempting to load it, and throwing the error you posted.

The difficulty is in manually locating the file. It is possible to alter the default folder locations through a forge.profile.properties in your forge folder.

Another option is to try to locate the folder from the command line. I think something like the following, run from a terminal in your home directory, should help:

find -type d -name quest
Thanks for the help. Found out I was looking in the wrong place, the Library with the folder I needed was hidden for some reason. Sorry for the confusion.
Hydragons

Postby grottomak » 01 Apr 2018, 17:56

I think there's an issue with Extraplanar Lens. When used on Wastes, other Wastes cards only produce {C} instead of {C} {C} as expected.
When I'm testing it it seems to work on rare occasions but 90% of the time it doesn't.
grottomak

Postby jamincollins » 01 Apr 2018, 19:49

Hydragons wrote:Thanks for the help. Found out I was looking in the wrong place, the Library with the folder I needed was hidden for some reason. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, glad you were able to locate the directory and resolve the issue. I'll see what I can do about either getting Forge to automatically fix this issue when it crops up or at least spit out the folder location.
jamincollins

Postby jamincollins » 01 Apr 2018, 19:54

nssantos wrote:Yes, follows
You've got something going on with references to bad card editions.

$ grep -c 'unsupported' forge.log
We've seen something like this before when one (or more) deck files reference invalid card art. For troubleshooting I would recommend removing your decks and restarting forge. I suspect you'll see a change in the number of cards.
jamincollins

Postby GandoTheBard » 01 Apr 2018, 23:38

What I was doing: playing quest game vs some pinging blue deck.

Telekinesis acts as a permanent stasis for its target rather than wearing off after 2 turns. I've had this happen twice in one game.
No other cards on the battlefield affect cards this way. First time was vs a blazing effigy and 2nd time vs a cloned pirate ship. The text clearly changes from "This card doesn't untap during your next two untap steps" to that PLUS "This card does not untap during your next untap step." Somehow the first clause is not being removed when the second is added.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby jamincollins » 02 Apr 2018, 01:36

Nekoatl wrote:The issue where a Vesuva that clones a Thespian's Stage that has copied another land doesn't get the copiable ability "{2}, {T}: Thespian's Stage becomes..." from the Thespian Stage the Vesuva copies has reappeared.

Steps:

1) Copy land A with Thespian's Stage B.
2) Copy land B with Vesuva C.

Land C should have "{2}, T}: ...", but does not.
I've successfully replicated this and created: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/409
jamincollins

Postby jamincollins » 02 Apr 2018, 01:40

grottomak wrote:I think there's an issue with Extraplanar Lens. When used on Wastes, other Wastes cards only produce {C} instead of {C} {C} as expected.
When I'm testing it it seems to work on rare occasions but 90% of the time it doesn't.
So far this has worked in my testing. What I did:
* played Wastes (via Dev Mode)
* cast Extraplanar Lens (via Dev Mode)
* played Wastes (vis Dev Mode)
* tapped Wastes for mana, received {C} {C} as expected

If you could please document a sequence of events that reliably results in only {C} being produced.
jamincollins

Postby grottomak » 02 Apr 2018, 15:40

jamincollins wrote:
grottomak wrote:I think there's an issue with Extraplanar Lens. When used on Wastes, other Wastes cards only produce {C} instead of {C} {C} as expected.
So far this has worked in my testing. What I did:
* played Wastes (via Dev Mode)
* cast Extraplanar Lens (via Dev Mode)
* played Wastes (vis Dev Mode)
* tapped Wastes for mana, received {C} {C} as expected

If you could please document a sequence of events that reliably results in only {C} being produced.
I first noticed it in Commander games, so I thought maybe it was the format. But I tested it in Standard with a special deck with 59 Wastes and 1 Extraplanar Lens as follows:
1. Draw 7 cards, all wastes
2. Play until turn 3, Dev mode to tutor for Lens, cast lens and exile Wastes
3. Next turn Wastes just generate {C} .

I made a crappy gif to illustrate, here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bSJ1h ... sp=sharing
grottomak

Postby sklay » 02 Apr 2018, 17:26

Description: I am getting a NullPointerException whenever I try to start a challenge (in Quest mode).

Looking briefly at the code the "paper card" parameter must be null.

NullPointerException | Open
Forge Version:    1.6.8-r-1u
Operating System: Linux 4.4.0-116-generic amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_161 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:232)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:228)
   at forge.game.card.Card.fromPaperCard(Card.java:5379)
   at forge.game.player.Player.initVariantsZones(Player.java:2583)
   at forge.game.Match.prepareAllZones(Match.java:255)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:74)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:235)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
sklay

PreviousNext

Return to Forge