It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:26

Text Size

Forge Release 03/20/2018 ver 1.6.8

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 03/20/2018 ver 1.6.8

Postby Darth Agnon » 21 Mar 2018, 01:09

jamincollins wrote:
Darth Agnon wrote:Feature request: Could we have a switch to "disable card art" in the Forge settings dropdown menu? It would probably save on the lag in human vs human online multiplayer games, as well as save me from mum from looking over my shoulder...
While the existing client/server communication is far from optimized, it does not send card art from the server to the client (or vice versa) to my knowledge. The issue is that all client actions are sent to the server for processing. Some of these require multiple round trips. Which, like I've indicated, is not optimal. My first step was to restore network play functionality. I'll be working on reducing both the size and frequency of client/server messages in the future.
Thanks for the reply! And thank you for your hard work on Forge :) Apologies if I sounded too negative; it's a great work you guys are doing. My comment about card art originates from the fact that I started MTG with Wagic: the Homebrew; disabling the art always helped mitigate lag ;). It just felt a little like when Forge online multiplayer slowed down, it was at points where it loaded art, e.g. when drawing starting hands.
Darth Agnon

Postby jamincollins » 21 Mar 2018, 03:47

Darth Agnon wrote:
jamincollins wrote:
Darth Agnon wrote:Feature request: Could we have a switch to "disable card art" in the Forge settings dropdown menu? It would probably save on the lag in human vs human online multiplayer games, as well as save me from mum from looking over my shoulder...
While the existing client/server communication is far from optimized, it does not send card art from the server to the client (or vice versa) to my knowledge. The issue is that all client actions are sent to the server for processing. Some of these require multiple round trips. Which, like I've indicated, is not optimal. My first step was to restore network play functionality. I'll be working on reducing both the size and frequency of client/server messages in the future.
Thanks for the reply! And thank you for your hard work on Forge :) Apologies if I sounded too negative; it's a great work you guys are doing. My comment about card art originates from the fact that I started MTG with Wagic: the Homebrew; disabling the art always helped mitigate lag ;). It just felt a little like when Forge online multiplayer slowed down, it was at points where it loaded art, e.g. when drawing starting hands.
No worries, not taking it as "too negative". All feedback is appreciated. It helps (me) get a feel for how users feel about a product.

In the case of the lag you're seeing those specific points are when the full game state (a number of non-trivial objects) are being sent from the server to the client. I truly hope to be able to reduce the need for many of those transfers and the size of those that are needed.

Please, keep the feedback coming.
jamincollins

Postby N25 » 21 Mar 2018, 12:25

Thanks again for the update! However I was hoping for a Forbidden Orchard (no tokens given to opponent) fix though but it seems was not included :(
N25

Postby jamincollins » 21 Mar 2018, 15:12

N25 wrote:Thanks again for the update! However I was hoping for a Forbidden Orchard (no tokens given to opponent) fix though but it seems was not included :(
In my testing, Forbidden Orchard does create spirit tokens for my opponent:
forbidden-orchard-1.png

If you're still seeing the problem, can you please provide detailed reproduction steps?
jamincollins

Postby disferente » 21 Mar 2018, 21:51

Fertile Ground and Verdant Haven does not produce extra mana as they should when cast on triple lands like Arcane Sanctum and Frontier Bivouac as well as Sliver Hive. (Probably only works when cast on basic lands, but haven't tried all)
Problem exists in 1.6.8 windows version as well as latest forge-gui-desktop-1.6.9-SNAPSHOT-r14.tar.bz2
Also exists in 1.6.7.001 Android

jamincollins
disferente

Postby N25 » 22 Mar 2018, 01:29

jamincollins wrote:
N25 wrote:Thanks again for the update! However I was hoping for a Forbidden Orchard (no tokens given to opponent) fix though but it seems was not included :(
forbidden-orchard-1.png

If you're still seeing the problem, can you please provide detailed reproduction steps?
I've captured a video on this just to be clear:

https://youtu.be/PiuspGZos_g
N25

Postby jamincollins » 22 Mar 2018, 04:42

N25 wrote:
jamincollins wrote:
forbidden-orchard-1.png

I've captured a video on this just to be clear:

https://youtu.be/PiuspGZos_g
Thank you for the video, I've found something very strange with this. Any instance of Forbidden Orchard that is put directly into play (for example via Primeval Titan) works correctly. Any instance of Forbidden Orchard that is simply played from your hand, is broken. I've been testing this by putting the land directly into play (essentially the same as Primeval Titan).

Created: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/371
jamincollins

Postby jamincollins » 22 Mar 2018, 04:59

disferente wrote:Fertile Ground and Verdant Haven does not produce extra mana as they should when cast on triple lands like Arcane Sanctum and Frontier Bivouac as well as Sliver Hive. (Probably only works when cast on basic lands, but haven't tried all)
Problem exists in 1.6.8 windows version as well as latest forge-gui-desktop-1.6.9-SNAPSHOT-r14.tar.bz2

jamincollins
I've verified, that even when played from my hand, the enchantments result in the additional mana being generated when the lands are tapped, as an example I've created the following video:
https://youtu.be/viqgEr63va4
jamincollins

Postby disferente » 22 Mar 2018, 10:06

jamincollins wrote:
disferente wrote:Fertile Ground and Verdant Haven does not produce extra mana as they should when cast on triple lands like Arcane Sanctum and Frontier Bivouac as well as Sliver Hive. (Probably only works when cast on basic lands, but haven't tried all)

jamincollins
I've verified, that even when played from my hand, the enchantments result in the additional mana being generated when the lands are tapped, as an example I've created the following video:
I can't open that video, "This video is unavailable." so I can't see how it works for you, but I have a video to show how it doesn't work for me. I cast Fertile Ground on Jungle Shrine, tap it for mana and I only get the one mana that is for the Jungle Shrine, not the extra for Fertile Ground.
https://youtu.be/66fo5obsJV8
disferente

Postby jamincollins » 22 Mar 2018, 14:11

disferente wrote:
jamincollins wrote:I've verified, that even when played from my hand, the enchantments result in the additional mana being generated when the lands are tapped, as an example I've created the following video:
I can't open that video, "This video is unavailable." so I can't see how it works for you, but I have a video to show how it doesn't work for me. I cast Fertile Ground on Jungle Shrine, tap it for mana and I only get the one mana that is for the Jungle Shrine, not the extra for Fertile Ground.
I was afraid that might be the case, first time (for me) uploading a YouTube video and wasn't sure on the settings, I've adjusted them. The video link should be available now.

How are you playing the land? Directly from your hand? Is something else putting it into play?

Also, was the Forge archive extracted into an entirely new folder, over the top of an existing installation, or something else?
jamincollins

Postby disferente » 22 Mar 2018, 22:46

jamincollins wrote:
disferente wrote:
jamincollins wrote:I've verified, that even when played from my hand, the enchantments result in the additional mana being generated when the lands are tapped, as an example I've created the following video:
I was afraid that might be the case, first time (for me) uploading a YouTube video and wasn't sure on the settings, I've adjusted them. The video link should be available now.

How are you playing the land? Directly from your hand? Is something else putting it into play?

Also, was the Forge archive extracted into an entirely new folder, over the top of an existing installation, or something else?
Before I only copied the new files on top of the old. I tried again where I just copied the card pictures and preferences/decks, and when I tried Fertile Ground again it still did not work (Tried it on Command Tower this time).
Do I need to remove the preferences too?

Also, I play the land straight from hand, not using any other card or ability.
disferente

Postby jamincollins » 23 Mar 2018, 01:22

disferente wrote:Before I only copied the new files on top of the old. I tried again where I just copied the card pictures and preferences/decks, and when I tried Fertile Ground again it still did not work (Tried it on Command Tower this time).
Do I need to remove the preferences too?

Also, I play the land straight from hand, not using any other card or ability.
I can't seem to replicate this. Let's take this to PM and see if we can figure out what's going on.
jamincollins

Postby tjtillman » 23 Mar 2018, 09:06

Swift Warden says "target Merfolk you control" but when ETBs allows for selection of opponent's merfolk
tjtillman

Postby Ermanti » 23 Mar 2018, 23:21

First off, I just want to thank you guys for all your hard work on this project. This is by far my favorite way of playing magic the gathering on a computer.

First off, a feature suggestion. I would like to see a way to customize banned lists. I play a lot of 1v1 commander, which has 3 different banned lists. This would also allows users to tweak the banned list whenever Wizards makes a change, and reduce reliance on you to put out an update.

Secondly, the Leonin Relic-Warder+Animate Dead combo does not work. What is happening is that Animate Dead is played on a Leonin Relic-Warder. Warder triggers, targeting Animate Dead. Animate Dead is exiled, Animate Dead trigger resolves, killing Warder. Animate Dead should return to play at this point, creating a loop that can kill in a variety of different ways. It, however, remains in exile when Leonin Relic-Warder dies.
Ermanti

Postby jamincollins » 24 Mar 2018, 03:02

tjtillman wrote:Swift Warden says "target Merfolk you control" but when ETBs allows for selection of opponent's merfolk
I've confirmed this and created: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/373
jamincollins

PreviousNext

Return to Forge