It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:55

Text Size

How to view AI decklists generated for sealed deck format?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How to view AI decklists generated for sealed deck format?

Postby rommel » 03 Apr 2018, 20:41

I'd like to see what the decks are the AI players come up with, and perhaps save off and use those decks as Gauntlet runs later.

Can you access those when you start the game in the Sealed Deck Format, only of the current AI opponent? I'd love to be able to see all the decks of the several AI opponents. Are they dumped to a file somewhere during play? When you click on the library icon, you can't flip the cards over to view them.
Last edited by rommel on 03 Apr 2018, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
rommel

Re: How to view AI decklists generated for sealed deck forma

Postby rommel » 03 Apr 2018, 20:45

Ah, I just discovered at least one help - if you activate Developer Mode, when in-match you can select the View All Cards option and then when you open the AI opponent library you can see the card when you hover over it.

This is very slow and unwieldy for creating/saving off large numbers of test decks to use later on, but it does work.

What I'd like to find is a way to dump these decks to text files or save them off in-game or something much faster.
rommel

Postby rommel » 03 Apr 2018, 20:53

Here's another option that's a little faster - again you'll need Dev Mode. In the match, choose the "Remove Card from Game" option and select the AI player and choose Library. Then you get a list of all the library cards. You can select all of them and copy and paste to a text file editor. Looks like this doesn't include the hand or battlefield so you'll have to get those separately. But better than typing each one in by hand one at a time!
rommel

Postby rommel » 03 Apr 2018, 20:57

You can also dump the game state, which gives you a text file that includes "aihand" and "ailibrary" fields and semi-colon separate cards. Gets everything at once, but it's a little harder to see than the former option I mentioned.
rommel

Postby RumbleBBU » 04 Apr 2018, 07:04

Try (Forge userDir)/decks/sealed/ in your file manager. The sealed decks are just text files in the subdirectories there.
RumbleBBU

Postby rommel » 04 Apr 2018, 18:21

Thanks, that was the first place I looked but it's totally useless - those are my sealed decks and do not include the AI decks. As far as I can tell the AI decks are temporary constructs that are never dumped to disk and cease to exist once you leave the match.
rommel

Postby RumbleBBU » 09 Apr 2018, 04:44

rommel wrote:Thanks, that was the first place I looked but it's totally useless - those are my sealed decks and do not include the AI decks.
That's interesting - definitely been there in every version I looked for them (I used them as bases for 'easy' filler decks for my custom quest worlds). Either this has changed in a relatively recent version, or it's a platform specific thing (but there are generally very few of those).
RumbleBBU

Postby rommel » 16 Apr 2018, 23:00

You are absolutely right on this! I was thinking it was a platform issue since I'm running on Linux, but it turns out I was misled by the poor wording of the UI. The UI shows you a list of "Sealed Decks" that are created when you choose "Build New Sealed Deck". It turns out those are not merely each one single sealed deck (the user's) but are actually the entire set of sealed decks for the competition.

Thus, I had failed to look inside of (Forge userDir)/decks/sealed/<name>, instead assuming that AI decks would appear with their own folders under (Forge userDir)/decks/sealed/ itself. The AI decks are in fact hiding under the name of the "Sealed Decks" the user creates.
rommel

Return to Forge