It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:47

Text Size

Sound Controll

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Sound Controll

Postby jediroadkill » 17 Apr 2018, 02:40

I have created alternate sound files that are more quiet. There are several sound levels to choose from including original. To use them simply extract the file "music.zip" to your ".\res\music" folder and the "sounds.zip" to the ".\res\sounds" folder.

Links to files:

ncsos.us/mtg/sound.zip
ncsos.us/mtg/music.zip
ncsos.us/mtg/JARLauncher.zip

You will now see in music a folder called "Music Levels" with the folders "match" and "menus." Copy the "match" and "menus" folder from "Music Levels" and over write the old "match" and "menus" folders. Make sure you rename the folders from music levels to just "match" and "menus".

In the "sound" folder you will see several new folders. Pick the sound level you want and copy everything out of that folder into the root of "sound" folder.

This is the manual way of changing the sounds.If you have a windows computer you can just use the tool "Jar Launcher" to do this. Still extract the zip files to their folders.

Place the extracted "Jar Launcher" into the same folder where your forge.exe goes. This program can replace your Forge launcher!! This will run actually -ANY- .jar file. There are also options for converting Forge decks into xMage decks. This program also includes options to change the volume levels (as long as the zip files are extracted properly).

I am too poor to contribute so please consider this as my contribution!. Thank you for the wonderful program! And thanks for the wonderful work on the netplay features. They are getting closer to being perfect with every snapshot!!!

If you know how to code in python and want to see my source code for my jar launcher so you can make ports for other operating systems feel free to drop a message here and I will upload it.

If you are having problems with these directions let me know and I will try to help further.
jediroadkill

Return to Forge