It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:22

Text Size

Forge Release 04/21/2018 ver 1.6.9

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 04/21/2018 ver 1.6.9

Postby austinio7116 » 24 Apr 2018, 11:23

Holden85 wrote:I don't have a strong opinion, but just checking that the fact that one could draft firesong and sunspeaker (only available as a buy a box promo) is something intended?
https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... quests/474
austinio7116

Postby darudaru » 24 Apr 2018, 12:21

The AI uses Drudge Sentinel's ability during its main phase even though it's akin to a regenerate effect and is intended to be used in combat. It's basically wasting its mana by tapping its own creature.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a known thing that existed before this build, but the AI has a lot of trouble blocking creatures with first strike. It chump blocks with multiple creatures, losing them all for nothing in the process, even if it has enough creatures to at least beat the creature with first strike that attacked.

I also have this case to report:
>The AI attacks with Rampaging Cyclops.
>Its opponent blocks with 2 creatures, triggering its -2/-0 ability.
>The AI assigns combat damage as if Rampaging Cyclops did 4 damage, ignoring the fact that it lost 2 power.
darudaru

Postby gos » 26 Apr 2018, 13:46

I used Teferi, Hero of Dominaria 's +1 ability. All my lands were untapped at the beginning of my end step. Teferi's ability wouldn't allow me to select any of my (untapped) lands and it looked like the game would be stuck at this point, but it did allow me to target 2 of my opponent's (tapped) lands!
gos

Postby Twainer » 27 Apr 2018, 04:53

The third chapter of The Mirari Conjecture works correctly, but has the wrong text in game
Twainer

Postby gos » 27 Apr 2018, 08:47

gos wrote:The Scarab God exiles, but the tokens are not zombies.
Could not reproduce, please disregard.
gos

Postby BioNonconformist » 27 Apr 2018, 16:50

It seems like suspend creatures are sort of broken, at least in quest mode draft. When a creature with suspend enters the battlefield, it can't attack right away like it should. In fact, if you click on it during your main phase, it pops up the cost prompt as though you're about to cast it from your hand, and when you cancel that, it puts another copy of the card into your hand. It's pretty easy to replicate. Just draft Time Spiral or something and try casting any suspend creature. It will be clear that something is wrong.

Edit: I can confirm that the cards work properly in constructed when using dev mode to add the card to my hand, so the problem is not throughout the entire program.
BioNonconformist

Postby sriracha » 28 Apr 2018, 01:02

OS X Forge 1.6.10-SNAPSHOT-r-1u (came out same time 1.6.9 did, I believe)

Rampaging Cyclops attacks and gets blocked by Sparring Construct and a kicked Stronghold Confessor. Rampaging Cyclops gets -2/-0 and is killed off failing to assign any combat damage to the blockers here the obvious candidate was Sparring Construct.
sriracha

Postby Fregnor » 29 Apr 2018, 00:49

The coding for Verix Bladewing is incomplete and does not specify what token image is to be used when the Karox Bladewing token is summoned. The "TokenImage$" command was omitted. The coding should be as follows:

Code: Select all
Name:Verix Bladewing
ManaCost:2 R R
Types:Legendary Creature Dragon
PT:4/4
K:Flying
K:Kicker:3
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self+kicked | Execute$ TrigKicker | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, create Karox Bladewing, a legendary 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
SVar:TrigKicker:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Karox Bladewing | TokenTypes$ Legendary,Creature,Dragon | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Red | TokenPower$ 4 | TokenToughness$ 4 | TokenKeywords$ Flying | TokenImage$ r 4 4 karok bladewing |
Oracle:Kicker {3} (You may pay an additional {3} as you cast this spell.)\nFlying\nWhen Verix Bladewing enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, create Karox Bladewing, a legendary 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
Fregnor

Postby HarlequinCasts » 29 Apr 2018, 16:34

Description: Restarted the game using Karn Liberated ultimate which resulted in a crash (null pointer exception). Adventure mode game versus a Necropotence deck. Cards exiled with Karn Liberated: Drowned Catacomb, Necropotence, Sapphire Medallion x2

NullPointerException | Open
Forge Version:    1.6.9-r-1u
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_111 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.player.Player.canCastSorcery(Player.java:2316)
   at forge.game.spellability.Spell.canPlay(Spell.java:116)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.canPlay(SpellAbility.java:280)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbilityView.updateCanPlay(SpellAbilityView.java:57)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.setActivatingPlayer(SpellAbility.java:339)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.copySpellAbility(CardFactory.java:610)
   at forge.game.spellability.SpellAbility.copy(SpellAbility.java:839)
   at forge.game.card.CardState.copyFrom(CardState.java:459)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.copyState(CardFactory.java:576)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.copyState(CardFactory.java:560)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.copyCard(CardFactory.java:90)
   at forge.game.GameAction.changeZone(GameAction.java:225)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveTo(GameAction.java:567)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveTo(GameAction.java:552)
   at forge.game.GameAction.moveToHand(GameAction.java:654)
   at forge.game.player.Player.doDraw(Player.java:1296)
   at forge.game.player.Player.drawCards(Player.java:1260)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1613)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:235)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
EDIT: ultimated Karn Liberated in several more games and got the same crash each time.
Last edited by HarlequinCasts on 29 Apr 2018, 17:55, edited 3 times in total.
HarlequinCasts

Postby Darth Agnon » 29 Apr 2018, 16:40

Description: Forge crashed. I had downloaded one of the Net Deck categories. I then closed Forge, re-opened it, and tried to redownload the same category. It threw the following error:

NullPointerException | Open
Forge Version:    1.6.9-r-1u
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_171 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.updateSizes(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.getBox(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.paintIndeterminate(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalProgressBarUI.paintIndeterminate(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.paint(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Darth Agnon

Postby epsilon82 » 29 Apr 2018, 16:41

The Gideon of the Trials damage prevention +1 ability doesn't appear to be working properly. Sometimes the AI seems to take it into account when deciding whether to attack, but if a targeted creature ends up attacking, it ends up dealing the damage as normal even though Forge shows that the card's status is to prevent the damage from it.
epsilon82

Postby Fregnor » 29 Apr 2018, 18:18

Verdant Force summons Saproling tokens using the wrong image. It uses g 1 1 saproling 10E when it is supposed to be using g 1 1 saproling DOM.

Deathbloom Thallid, Fungal Infection, Fungal Plots, Saproling Migration, Slimefoot, the Stowaway, Spore Swarm, Verdant Force, and Yavimaya Sapherd fail to display all three possible versions of the art for the Saproling token. They ought to include this command in their coding:

| TokenAltImages$ g 1 1 saproling2 DOM,g 1 1 saproling3 DOM
Fregnor

Postby Dracontes » 30 Apr 2018, 14:01

On desktop:
- A bit of a rules quandary along with this remark on AI behavior: can you cascade into a spell with no mana cost? As can be seen on the appended log screenshot the AI played a Violent Outburst, cascading into a Living End, which it decided to play turning a board situation that was decidedly to its advantage into one that allowed me to win.
Snap 2018-04-28 at 02.10.12.png

- Random color deck generation doesn't seem to take into account colorless mana requirements in activation costs of abilities, i.e. I'm finding relevant devoid Eldrazi in decks with no sources of colorless mana. In the situation shown in the appended screenshot I used Flooded Strand to look through my deck and I found no colorless mana sources.
Snap 2018-04-30 at 10.05.20.jpg

- Unless I'm missing something, Volcanic Offering should have worked in this board state instead of it fizzling due to a targeting error. It appears also that the card vanished: it's not in my graveyard or anywhere else.
Snap 2018-04-28 at 05.08.57.jpg

- Toggling "Remove Small Creatures" in Preferences doesn't seem to work as a 1/1 creature shows up on my opening hand afterwards (see screenshot). Unless I misunderstood and what the toggle removes is vanilla creatures with those stats.
Snap 2018-04-28 at 06.18.27.jpg

- Peculiar object that shows up right under the label for the Home tab, when you click on most of the program window except for the menu under Forge's logo and the panes for player and deck setup. (Tested it just now and it doesn't show up. I'll see what triggers it though my impression is that I messed around with the Log, Stack and Combat tabs on the Game tab before this happened.)
2018-04-28_0655.jpg

- I selected White and Blue for my random color deck and Ghostfire shows up in my hand.
Snap 2018-04-29 at 09.37.38.jpg

- The How To Play section needs to be updated regarding the legendary rule.
Snap 2018-04-30 at 08.22.18.png

- The prompt for the AI's choice for Karn, Scion of Urza's +1 ability is a bit confused as it's cards from my library it's looking at.
Snap 2018-04-30 at 05.32.59.jpg

- I hate to be a bother but a similar situation to the one I noted on the third point here happened, resulting in a crash in the next program start as well (crash log appended).
Snap 2018-04-30 at 13.12.58.jpg

2018-04-30-00.txt
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

Also I'd like to know what's the recommendation on issues I've found haven't been addressed like the one above. Should I report those again? Because as I said, I don't mean to be needlessly bothersome if a particular bug was found to be difficult to work on.
Dracontes

Postby Dracontes » 30 Apr 2018, 14:31

And of course I had to forget one item in this laundry list (though it's just as well as this one would have gone over the post attachment number limit).
- Vicious Betrayal seems to not work properly: it prompted me to choose X. I chose 2 given the board state on the appended screenshot. I paid the mana but wasn't prompted to sacrifice the creatures.
Snap 2018-04-30 at 08.14.17.jpg

And that's it for now ;)
Dracontes

Postby SpiderBrigade » 30 Apr 2018, 18:14

Thanks for the hard work on the new version! A few issues around imprint/copies.

Prototype Portal cast from hand, imprinting Sculpting Steel. Second copy of Sculpting Steel in hand.
Activate Portal, have Sculpting Steel enter as a copy of Prototype Portal. ETB imprint goes off, allowing the Sculpting Steel in hand to be copied.
New portal can be activated, costing 3 as expected, but then nothing happens.
Similarly, with Rings of Brighthearth in play, one can pay 2 to copy the Prototype Portal activation, but the copied abilities do nothing when they resolve. The initial activation still makes the Sculpting Steel copy as expected.

These all worked in the previous version.

EDIT to say: the in-game log indicates that the Rings of Brighthearth copy ends up referring to a different card ID for the Prototype Portal, not sure if that's normal. So in this case the log shows:

Spiderbrigade activated Prototype Portal (26).
Spiderbrigade triggered Rings of Brighthearth (29).
Spiderbrigade activated Prototype Portal (167).
Whenever you activate an ability, if it isn't a mana ability, you may pay {2}/ If you do, copy that ability. You may choose new targets for the copy. [Card: Prototype Portal (26), Activator: Spiderbrigade, SpellAbility: {X}, {T}: Create a token that's a copy of the exiled card. X is the converted mana cost of that card.]
Prototype Portal (167) - Copy .
You may have Sol Ring (168) enter the battlefield as a copy of any artiface on the battlefield.
Prototype Portal (26) - Copy Sculpting Steel (32). (X=3)
So for whatever reason the copied ability doesn't seem to remember the imprinted card.
SpiderBrigade

PreviousNext

Return to Forge