It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:27

Text Size

Any chance for keyword icons?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Any chance for keyword icons?

Postby DirectOrder » 05 Jun 2018, 18:28

Is there any chance of adding icon overlays on (or next to) cards on the battlefield that show active keywords affecting them (flying, deathtouch, first strike, etc)? I feel like this is one of the only things that Forge is missing compared to other programs. I understand that you wouldn't be able to do all of them, but certain evergreen keywords would be great. These would be displayed similarly to how the summoning sickness icon is currently displayed, or better yet, stacked next to the left or right side of the card.

I know it's not much, but I'd be happy to create and provide the icons themselves. I know that's nothing compared to the work to program the feature, but I'd be happy to help in any other way you can think of. I'm trying to learn how to help on the programming side, but it's slow going :) I feel like this added feature would be of great value to many players.

Most valuable to have:
Flying
Lifelink
Trample
First Strike
Hexproof
Indestructible
Deathtouch
Menace
Reach

Would be nice:
Double Strike
Vigilance
Defender
Shroud
Landwalk
Protection from color
DirectOrder

Re: Any chance for keyword icons?

Postby DirectOrder » 20 Sep 2018, 19:33

I can't believe this isn't one of the top requested features....but I guess I'll take the silence for a "No". 8-[
DirectOrder

Postby friarsol » 21 Sep 2018, 00:30

I think I've only heard this request once or twice in my 8 years here, so definitely not close to being a top request. Typically we ask users to post feature requests in the feature request thread (or better yet add a feature request on our issue tracker https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge/issues) so it doesn't get lost as a single thread by itself.

I wouldn't say it's a "no" I just don't know any devs who would put this high on their list.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby DirectOrder » 21 Sep 2018, 11:22

Ok, thank you for the response friarsol!
DirectOrder

Return to Forge