It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:56

Text Size

Forge and Vintage

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge and Vintage

Postby halenrauch » 01 Aug 2018, 07:33

Hello,
It could be that I am doing something wrong, but every vintage deck I attempt to make and playtest, errors out.
Im just now personally stepping into this format, and trying to playtest decks against other vintage decks. Every deck I make, when I click 'start', I get a crash report (see below).
Is forge restricted to certain formats?
I hope someone can shed some light on this, for I just got a bunch of old school magic players started on this, and we are all building vintage decks.
halenrauch

Re: Forge and Vintage

Postby RationalGaze » 20 Sep 2018, 09:36

Vintage works, I have a bunch of 93/94 only card decks.
RationalGaze

Re: Forge and Vintage

Postby Mtjawg » 21 Sep 2018, 20:16

It should, although when the AI has a "Fireball" in hand that it intends to cast, (just having it in hand does not present a problem,) it hangs the software on my system, which is basically brand new and should have no software issues. One of my cpu threads always goes to 100% load when this happens, then promptly returns to 0% when I close Forge. Idk if this constitutes a bug, but Fireball is not marked as having AI issues.

In the game with the six red cards in the AI's hand, it went on to finish the game. In the other cases, Forge froze and I had to fully exit and restart the app.

I'm aware that my test is with an M15/KTK vs a vintage/old school deck. I just wanted to confirm the test using cards that have fewer AI complications.
Crashed:
Capture00a.png

Capture02a.png

Played:
Capture01a.png

Decklists if you want to repeat this experiment:
M15 Abzan.txt
(918 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times

Zoo Lestree - 1994.txt
(617 Bytes) Downloaded 161 times
Mtjawg

Return to Forge