It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:37

Text Size

Game keeps hanging at "waiting for opponent" - unplayable

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Game keeps hanging at "waiting for opponent" - unplayable

Postby jfirestorm » 18 Sep 2018, 05:16

I keep running into this issue every time I play Forge. The game hangs on "waiting for opponent" after a seemingly random play. It could just be passing the turn, advancing to the next phase, etc. The game is not frozen and no crash report. I play mostly Quest Mode and drafts. I've tried restarting the game and my PC multiple times. Now I can't even finish one game without it happening so it's basically unplayable. I've even updated my Forge version without any luck. Only way out is to close Forge and restart.

Lately I've been drafting old school 93-94 and playing against AI. I cannot seem to figure out if any particular card or interaction causes it. Opponent could play a mountain and pass turn and it'd hang. We could have a board full of permanents and it's running fine, but then boom, stuck for no reason.

Even happens when watching AI vs AI play their game during the Quest tournaments.

What does is mean when it just gets stuck like this? A memory issue? Is it other programs on my PC?

I've attached an image of my latest board state. The last play I did was cast Serendib Efreet and pass turn. Opponent doesn't attack and enters M2 and it hangs. I know there's a lot on this board, but it was running fast. I've encountered this issue on Turn 3 with just a few permanents out. Not sure what's up.

I'm running Forge 1.6.15-r-1u on Windows 10 PC.
Attachments
Forge 1.6.15-r-1u.jpg
jfirestorm

Re: Game keeps hanging at "waiting for opponent" - unplayabl

Postby jamincollins » 19 Sep 2018, 01:30

jfirestorm wrote:I keep running into this issue every time I play Forge. The game hangs on "waiting for opponent" after a seemingly random play. It could just be passing the turn, advancing to the next phase, etc. The game is not frozen and no crash report. I play mostly Quest Mode and drafts. I've tried restarting the game and my PC multiple times. Now I can't even finish one game without it happening so it's basically unplayable. I've even updated my Forge version without any luck. Only way out is to close Forge and restart.

Lately I've been drafting old school 93-94 and playing against AI. I cannot seem to figure out if any particular card or interaction causes it. Opponent could play a mountain and pass turn and it'd hang. We could have a board full of permanents and it's running fine, but then boom, stuck for no reason.

Even happens when watching AI vs AI play their game during the Quest tournaments.

What does is mean when it just gets stuck like this? A memory issue? Is it other programs on my PC?

I've attached an image of my latest board state. The last play I did was cast Serendib Efreet and pass turn. Opponent doesn't attack and enters M2 and it hangs. I know there's a lot on this board, but it was running fast. I've encountered this issue on Turn 3 with just a few permanents out. Not sure what's up.

I'm running Forge 1.6.15-r-1u on Windows 10 PC.
Thank you for reporting this. The next time (or few times) this happens, please grab your forge.log file and attach it to this bug report: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/721

The easiest way to locate the folder with the forge.log is to open Forge, go to preferences, and select the button on the top left that says Open User Directory
jamincollins

Postby jfirestorm » 19 Sep 2018, 02:26

jamincollins wrote:Thank you for reporting this. The next time (or few times) this happens, please grab your forge.log file and attach it to this bug report: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... issues/721

The easiest way to locate the folder with the forge.log is to open Forge, go to preferences, and select the button on the top left that says Open User Directory
Thanks for looking into it. I created an account with Gitlab and have attached my log file to the bug report.
jfirestorm

Postby jfirestorm » 27 Sep 2018, 14:03

Things were going good for awhile with this build, but now I'm getting the "waiting for opponent" hanging issue repeatedly now. It's starting up again and I can't complete a tournament without it happening.

I've attached my log file.
Attachments
forge.log
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
jfirestorm

Postby Brakus » 29 Sep 2018, 09:16

I'm pretty sure it's Fireball.
Brakus

Postby Mtjawg » 09 Oct 2018, 20:10

It definitely hangs when the AI has Fireball, as longs at it intends to cast it. I had the same issue.
My post here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22516&p=227318&hilit=fireball#p227318

Rolling Thunder is probably the nearest approximation, which the AI can play correctly. Not truly old school, since it first came along in Tempest, but in gameplay terms it's the next best thing. :|
Mtjawg

Return to Forge