It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 06:54
   
Text Size

Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 06 Oct 2018, 15:54

I just made my opponent discard Dawning Purist with Duress.
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby Twainer » 06 Oct 2018, 22:55

Hmm after doing some sealeds its appears split cars are appearing too often in packs.

By my calculations you should get:
5/86*18 = 1.05 Uncommon split cards in 6 packs on average and
5/60*6*7/8 = 0.44 Rare split cards in 6 packs on average

So approximately 1.5 split cards per sealed pool ignoring foils
I always seem to get at least 4 and sometimes up to 8 which seems way out of whack
Twainer
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 03 Jan 2010, 23:42
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby jamincollins » 07 Oct 2018, 14:57

gos wrote:I just made my opponent discard Dawning Purist with Duress.
For reports like this it is best to provide a screenshot (to show the board state) and your forge.log file for the game.
jamincollins
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Oct 2017, 00:41
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby jamincollins » 07 Oct 2018, 14:58

gos wrote:
timmermac wrote:Where are you seeing not implemented?
Both in-game, in the card panel, and the deck editor.
Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue.
jamincollins
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Oct 2017, 00:41
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 07 Oct 2018, 15:33

jamincollins wrote:
gos wrote:
timmermac wrote:Where are you seeing not implemented?
Both in-game, in the card panel, and the deck editor.
Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue.
I can't reproduce this in the Deck Editor, which of course means I may have been mistaken.

However, here are screenshots of Risk Factor, Arclight Phoenix and Onward // Victory in-game:
rep1.PNG

rep2.PNG

rep3.PNG


Another strange thing I noticed with Onward // Victory: When viewing the deck from the main screen or in mid-game, no copies of Onward // Victory were visible (see screenshots)
rep4.PNG

rep5.PNG


However, the 3rd screenshot is from a game with the same deck, so the card's certainly in the deck, and this is what I get when I copy the decklist to clipboard in the "View Deck" window:
Code: Select all
Yamakawa Hiroaki - Carnage Tyrant Combo

Main:
4 Abrade
4 Aether Hub
4 Attune with Aether
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Carnage Tyrant
4 Censor
3 Commune with Dinosaurs
6 Forest
4 Harnessed Lightning
1 Island
1 Mountain
4 Onward // Victory
4 Opt
4 Pirate's Prize
1 Plains
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Supreme Will

Sideboard:
3 Deathgorge Scavenger
3 Hour of Devastation
4 Negate
2 Nissa, Vital Force
2 Treasure Map
1 Whirler Virtuoso
Maybe this is a CMC issue with split cards?
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby jamincollins » 07 Oct 2018, 21:41

gos wrote:I can't reproduce this in the Deck Editor, which of course means I may have been mistaken.

However, here are screenshots of Risk Factor, Arclight Phoenix and Onward // Victory in-game:
...

Another strange thing I noticed with Onward // Victory: When viewing the deck from the main screen or in mid-game, no copies of Onward // Victory were visible (see screenshots)
...

However, the 3rd screenshot is from a game with the same deck, so the card's certainly in the deck, and this is what I get when I copy the decklist to clipboard in the "View Deck" window:
Code: Select all
Yamakawa Hiroaki - Carnage Tyrant Combo

Main:
4 Abrade
4 Aether Hub
4 Attune with Aether
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Carnage Tyrant
4 Censor
3 Commune with Dinosaurs
6 Forest
4 Harnessed Lightning
1 Island
1 Mountain
4 Onward // Victory
4 Opt
4 Pirate's Prize
1 Plains
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Supreme Will

Sideboard:
3 Deathgorge Scavenger
3 Hour of Devastation
4 Negate
2 Nissa, Vital Force
2 Treasure Map
1 Whirler Virtuoso
Maybe this is a CMC issue with split cards?
I'm seeing no issue with that card or the deck list:
Screenshot_2018-10-07_15-38-40.png


If you can replicate these issues, please upload your forge.log.
jamincollins
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Oct 2017, 00:41
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 07 Oct 2018, 22:35

jamincollins wrote:
gos wrote:
Maybe this is a CMC issue with split cards?
I'm seeing no issue with that card or the deck list:
The attachment Screenshot_2018-10-07_15-38-40.png is no longer available


If you can replicate these issues, please upload your forge.log.
I can see Onward // Victory when I pile by card name, as in your attached screenshot. However, it disappears when I pile by CMC.

As you can see from the included forge.log, forge isn't recognizing a multitude of cards, including many that have been implemented for a long time. I think that my problem is specific to my installation and quite probably more widespread than just these issues I've reported here. I've certainly run into some other strange things when I've replicated them. I'll try downloading again and making a fresh install and see if that fixes things.

If you have any ideas, I'd certainly appreciate them.
Attachments
forge.log
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby jamincollins » 07 Oct 2018, 22:44

gos wrote:I'll try downloading again and making a fresh install and see if that fixes things.

If you have any ideas, I'd certainly appreciate them.
I'd back up your decks. Seems like there may be a few duplicates there:

Code: Select all
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #01 - Mono Red - Gan Yan
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #01 - Mono Red - Gan Yan
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #02 - Ur Gift - Grayson Roberts
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #02 - Ur Gift - Grayson Roberts
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #03 - Br Aggro - Gerry Thompson
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #03 - Br Aggro - Gerry Thompson
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #04 - Ur Gift - Jeremy Frye
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #04 - Ur Gift - Jeremy Frye
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #05 - Br Aggro - Matthew Dimaggio
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #05 - Br Aggro - Matthew Dimaggio
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #06 - Mardu Vehicles - Andrew Shain
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #06 - Mardu Vehicles - Andrew Shain
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #07 - Sultai Constrictor - Slater Claudel
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #07 - Sultai Constrictor - Slater Claudel
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #08 - Ur Gift - Charles Wong
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #08 - Ur Gift - Charles Wong
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #01 - Dinosaurs - Voltzwagon
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #02 - God-Pharaoh's Gift - Gbruno
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #03 - Sultai Aggro -  batutinha
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #04 - Dimir Midrange - Sisicat
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #05 - Golgari Constrictor - Andyscwilson
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #06 - Golgari Constrictor - Trukanshii
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #07 - Gruul Aggro - Fallleaf
StorageReaderFolder: Overwriting an object with key #08 - Sultai Aggro - Ooter37
And try a completely fresh installation of forge, without the decks. See if things look better. Then start adding the decks back.
jamincollins
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Oct 2017, 00:41
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby bladerboy60 » 08 Oct 2018, 05:50

There is atm an bug with the locust god,
It don,t return to your hand when it dies
bladerboy60
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 May 2018, 13:31
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 08 Oct 2018, 11:00

gos wrote:
jamincollins wrote:
gos wrote:I can see Onward // Victory when I pile by card name, as in your attached screenshot. However, it disappears when I pile by CMC.
The fresh install seems to have solved all issues, including this one. I also noticed a large difference in performance - perhaps because I don't have such a huge bunch of decks anymore.

I will be adding the decks back slowly in a systematic fashion, will report if I experience any issues.

Thanks for the help!
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 08 Oct 2018, 11:51

I have added back almost all of the decks and everything seems to be working.

There is one issue that held over from previous versions that is driving me crazy. Some brawl decks will just not show up in the game.

I've simplified this issue as much as I can, in the hopes that a developer can reproduce it and find out what's going on.

I have 3 .dck files in my \decks\brawl folder. I include them in an attached .zip-file. They are all generated with the same script I use and I cannot for the life of me find any thing to differentiate them - no unknown cards, no weird characters, same encoding, files use the same format, etc., etc.

But I can only see two in-game, and it's always the same one that's missing.

(In this case, the missing deck has a planeswalker for a commander, but I have included other brawl decks with planeswalker commander without any problems.)

.dck files in folder:
rep1.PNG


Decks available in-game:
rep2.PNG


I also include the log file - there are no errors there.
Attachments
decks-bsbrawl.zip
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
forge.log
(273 Bytes) Downloaded 8 times
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby Brakus » 08 Oct 2018, 15:03

This annoying bug has been around for a long time: Forge lags, and during the lag the window is minimized. After the lag ends the window of Forge starts to blink constantly. Seems that the program didn't get the message that it was minimized during the lag so now it's probably in incorrect state trying to minimize and reveal itself in every frame. I'm using 64 bit Windows 7.
Brakus
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 09:08
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby jamincollins » 09 Oct 2018, 00:17

gos wrote:I have added back almost all of the decks and everything seems to be working.

There is one issue that held over from previous versions that is driving me crazy. Some brawl decks will just not show up in the game.

I've simplified this issue as much as I can, in the hopes that a developer can reproduce it and find out what's going on.

I have 3 .dck files in my \decks\brawl folder. I include them in an attached .zip-file. They are all generated with the same script I use and I cannot for the life of me find any thing to differentiate them - no unknown cards, no weird characters, same encoding, files use the same format, etc., etc.

But I can only see two in-game, and it's always the same one that's missing.
The deck in question contains Baral, Chief of Compliance. He's one of the few cards banned in Brawl. The deck is being filtered because of the banned card. I'll add a log message about these in future builds.
jamincollins
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Oct 2017, 00:41
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby gos » 09 Oct 2018, 14:15

jamincollins wrote:
gos wrote:I have added back almost all of the decks and everything seems to be working.

There is one issue that held over from previous versions that is driving me crazy. Some brawl decks will just not show up in the game.

I've simplified this issue as much as I can, in the hopes that a developer can reproduce it and find out what's going on.

I have 3 .dck files in my \decks\brawl folder. I include them in an attached .zip-file. They are all generated with the same script I use and I cannot for the life of me find any thing to differentiate them - no unknown cards, no weird characters, same encoding, files use the same format, etc., etc.

But I can only see two in-game, and it's always the same one that's missing.
The deck in question contains Baral, Chief of Compliance. He's one of the few cards banned in Brawl. The deck is being filtered because of the banned card. I'll add a log message about these in future builds.
Thank you very much for that! I do not have deck conformance selected, so maybe that option ought to pertain to this feature as well. If only for playing historical or fantasy versions of brawl...
gos
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 15:21
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Forge Release 09/29/2018 ver 1.6.16

Postby puckboss3 » 09 Oct 2018, 20:26

Hi Guys, not sure this one got posted yet, but Kraul Harpooner undergrowth +X/0 ability does not happen, it just fights as a 3/2.
puckboss3
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 25 Aug 2015, 16:32
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Forge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Who is online

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Login Form