It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:53

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.53.001

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.38.001

Postby VanillaBeans » 20 Feb 2021, 05:03

Hi guys. The app is extremely laggy on android (be it loading images in the deck viewer or just during gameplay). I have a pretty powerful phone too so I wouldn't have expected it to run so slow.
VanillaBeans

Postby kevlahnota » 20 Feb 2021, 10:29

VanillaBeans wrote:Hi guys. The app is extremely laggy on android (be it loading images in the deck viewer or just during gameplay). I have a pretty powerful phone too so I wouldn't have expected it to run so slow.
I have a midrange device (Snapdragon 720G, 8GB RAM) and it works great using SuperLQ images... here a screen record browsing the constructed card catalog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yek1sbGglIM
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby 40teeth » 21 Feb 2021, 05:47

kevlahnota wrote:
VanillaBeans wrote:Hi guys. The app is extremely laggy on android (be it loading images in the deck viewer or just during gameplay). I have a pretty powerful phone too so I wouldn't have expected it to run so slow.
I have a midrange device (Snapdragon 720G, 8GB RAM) and it works great using SuperLQ images... here a screen record browsing the constructed card catalog.

Can you provide a link to these SuperLQ images? Thanks.
Not sure if the issue affects all or only some android users but I suppose most of us are using the app downloaded card art from the previous 1.6.36 version.
40teeth

Postby kevlahnota » 21 Feb 2021, 08:11

40teeth wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:

Can you provide a link to these SuperLQ images? Thanks.
Not sure if the issue affects all or only some android users but I suppose most of us are using the app downloaded card art from the previous 1.6.36 version.
It's here on the forums, if you can't find it:
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby innaturalia » 22 Feb 2021, 13:53

Greetings,

Since the latest update, the app freezes or crashes everytime (1) I enter the Deck Manager (2) I try to load a previous game (3) I try to save a newly draft deck.

I have an oldish phone (Huawei p9), so I don't know if that could be the cause of the issues. The previous versions used to run so smoothly...

P.s. Since I'm a new user, seems like I can't link datalogs or screens.
innaturalia

Postby kevlahnota » 23 Feb 2021, 04:17

innaturalia wrote:Greetings,

Since the latest update, the app freezes or crashes everytime (1) I enter the Deck Manager (2) I try to load a previous game (3) I try to save a newly draft deck.

I have an oldish phone (Huawei p9), so I don't know if that could be the cause of the issues. The previous versions used to run so smoothly...

P.s. Since I'm a new user, seems like I can't link datalogs or screens.
What previous version do you use that works on your phone? Also try using latest snapshots, and try clean installation.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby innaturalia » 05 Mar 2021, 17:58

Tried everything, it's no use: the app still crashes everytime I try to use the Builder or the Load function.

It worked perfectly until the current update (1.6.38x). There's a way I can provide you with the Log?
innaturalia

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.39.001

Postby Agetian » 07 Mar 2021, 05:23

Yes, you can provide us with the contents of Forge.log to examine, please check your Forge data folder (for memory, it's in the same place where the "res" folder is, etc.).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 07 Mar 2021, 05:24

UPDATE (03/07/21): Forge for Android v1.6.39.001 has been released. It's a version based on the 1.6.39 release of Forge and it features all the feature updates and new cards from the desktop release (most prominently the Mutate cards and silver-bordered cards from the Un-sets). Enjoy!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Necromage » 07 Mar 2021, 22:00

Hi friends, today i downloaded version .39 and everything was fine until i tried changing skins, after a couple of changes to see how they looked like the app started crashing while it was changing skin, it did it two times, then when i tried to change it to the dark ascension one it crashed and then remained stuck to loading fonts each time i tried to restart the app. I tried to unistall the app and reinstall it, still can't get past loading fonts. I tried to download the old version and while it doesn't have the dark ascension skin, it remain stuck at checking for updates. I use a Huawei p9 lite. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance
Necromage

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Mar 2021, 00:14

Necromage wrote:Hi friends, today i downloaded version .39 and everything was fine until i tried changing skins, after a couple of changes to see how they looked like the app started crashing while it was changing skin, it did it two times, then when i tried to change it to the dark ascension one it crashed and then remained stuck to loading fonts each time i tried to restart the app. I tried to unistall the app and reinstall it, still can't get past loading fonts. I tried to download the old version and while it doesn't have the dark ascension skin, it remain stuck at checking for updates. I use a Huawei p9 lite. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance
Try deleting Forge/cache/fonts folder and restart the app, Don't mix new version of forge assets to old version. If you will install old version, delete your res folder and install the assets.zip included on the particular forge version you will use.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Necromage » 08 Mar 2021, 15:20

kevlahnota wrote:
Necromage wrote:Hi friends, today i downloaded version .39 and everything was fine until i tried changing skins, after a couple of changes to see how they looked like the app started crashing while it was changing skin, it did it two times, then when i tried to change it to the dark ascension one it crashed and then remained stuck to loading fonts each time i tried to restart the app. I tried to unistall the app and reinstall it, still can't get past loading fonts. I tried to download the old version and while it doesn't have the dark ascension skin, it remain stuck at checking for updates. I use a Huawei p9 lite. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance
Try deleting Forge/cache/fonts folder and restart the app, Don't mix new version of forge assets to old version. If you will install old version, delete your res folder and install the assets.zip included on the particular forge version you will use.
Deleting the fonts folder worked like a charm, thank you very much, for this and for your time and dedication to help us all enjoy our mutual passion. A very good day to you, my good man
Necromage

Postby lindleya1 » 25 Mar 2021, 09:50

Choosing "Always no" on optional triggered abilities also auto-yields until end of turn for some reason.
lindleya1

Postby darkPrince010 » 25 Mar 2021, 10:22

Hi everyone. I've also been experiencing the lag issue for card images, including when just viewing multiple decks in succession, and the game freezes entirely if I try and view the card catalog. It seems to be an issue from the latest updates in the past 6 months or so, since before that I never saw any lag on my Pixel 3 unless it was resolving an absurd number of attacks or triggers on the stack.

Attached is the log from it crashing when I attempted to view the 4th commander deck in a row, to see if previewing the cards before playing could avoid a mid-game crash.

Huge thanks for whatever solutions you suggest, as I've been missing not being able to bot draft Kaldheim!
Attachments
forge.log
(80.71 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
darkPrince010

Postby kevlahnota » 25 Mar 2021, 15:09

darkPrince010 wrote:Hi everyone. I've also been experiencing the lag issue for card images, including when just viewing multiple decks in succession, and the game freezes entirely if I try and view the card catalog. It seems to be an issue from the latest updates in the past 6 months or so, since before that I never saw any lag on my Pixel 3 unless it was resolving an absurd number of attacks or triggers on the stack.

Attached is the log from it crashing when I attempted to view the 4th commander deck in a row, to see if previewing the cards before playing could avoid a mid-game crash.

Huge thanks for whatever solutions you suggest, as I've been missing not being able to bot draft Kaldheim!
I looked at your log and you are using Android 11 which use Scoped Storage, and its very slow on file access. I don't know how to bypass this limitation for Android 11 currently. I use Android 10 and I have the same performance from 1.6.36 up to 1.6.40 snapshots.
kevlahnota
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge