It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:36

Text Size

e all play against a number of different personality types

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

e all play against a number of different personality types

Postby vincitytaymodaimo » 05 Oct 2018, 09:17

I truly appreciate the fact that Forge is designed to be a player vs AI game. There are already a number of player vs player games out there, and IMO it's lots harder to program an AI to play Magic than to program for a player to play Magic.

Along those lines. I'd really like to see the capability of dropping in a custom AI. The following use case is how I would see it playing out:

- Provide an API abstracting the AI, such that a developer can create a custom implementation.
- At game or config time, allow the user the option of selecting a jar file containing their custom AI code.

We all play against a number of different personality types. I could see myself designing an AI based on, say, Joe, who is a very conservative player, and doesn't like to put his creatures in harm's way. Or based on, say, George, who will attack at every opportunity. Or even an unpredictable AI, whose decisions are heavily weighted on a random factor
vincitytaymodaimo

Re: e all play against a number of different personality typ

Postby cogthrob » 16 Oct 2018, 00:02

Have you looked at Preferences -> Gameplay -> AI Personality? Sounds exactly as you described :mrgreen:

Otherwise, it may be more efficient to contribute to the existing AI effort rather than developing your own.
cogthrob

Return to Forge