It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:52

Text Size

Bug on "creature types" ?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Bug on "creature types" ?

Postby verdealex79 » 08 Oct 2018, 11:56

Hi, the reason I write in a new normal thread is because I am not sure this is a bug - I am a new player and maybe I am missing something....

I have in my deck one of those cards who does "tribal" things: it lets me choose a type of creature, and then it gives -1/-1 to all creatures of that type. Card is called "Engineered plague". Also here in screenshot.

When I play it, a popup opens, to let me choose the type I desire inside a list, but I cannot find the types i am looking for. Is it me "missing" anything, or this popup is not complete?

For instance look at the screenshot: in two different matches i was looking for the type "Ship" and for the type "Smith", but I cannot see them in this list... I had ship and smith opponents...

Is this a bug, or is it me missing anything?

Thank you!
Attachments
Screen2.jpg
Screen1.jpg
verdealex79

Re: Bug on "creature types" ?

Postby timmermac » 08 Oct 2018, 17:41

verdealex79 wrote:Hi, the reason I write in a new normal thread is because I am not sure this is a bug - I am a new player and maybe I am missing something....

I have in my deck one of those cards who does "tribal" things: it lets me choose a type of creature, and then it gives -1/-1 to all creatures of that type. Card is called "Engineered plague". Also here in screenshot.

When I play it, a popup opens, to let me choose the type I desire inside a list, but I cannot find the types i am looking for. Is it me "missing" anything, or this popup is not complete?

For instance look at the screenshot: in two different matches i was looking for the type "Ship" and for the type "Smith", but I cannot see them in this list... I had ship and smith opponents...

Is this a bug, or is it me missing anything?

Thank you!
Check the top of the list next time. The most common types in the deck show up there.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby verdealex79 » 08 Oct 2018, 21:39

Hi Tim, thank you. I had noticed that there are some additional names on the top of the list, but neither "Ship" nor "Smith" are there. I cant find those 2 anywhere.

I realize those 2 are not very common types? Or maybe they are not considered types at all?

I am playing unrestricted quest mode, and in the starting duels I was assigned to opponents playing early sets in MTG history. I am not even sure that those cards using old templates and using the old formula "summon Ship" or "summon Smith" actually define a creature type.. I used to think they do though. Am I right?
verdealex79

Postby timmermac » 08 Oct 2018, 21:48

Do you remember what creatures you were going after? There was a massive update to old creature types some years back. You might try looking up those cards on the Gatherer website.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby friarsol » 08 Oct 2018, 21:53

Don't look at the picture to see the card type, look at the card detail panel.. It should say Creature - Human Pirate or Creature - Human. Ship and Smith no longer exist as creature types.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby verdealex79 » 08 Oct 2018, 21:59

I think they were "Pirate ship" and "Repentant blacksmith". And by looking on the Gatherer website, you were right! Pirate ship was printed as "summon ship" but now it has been assigned a "Pirate" type.. while Repentant blacksmith was printed as "summon smith" but now it has been assigned a "human" type.

So Forge is up to date with the most recent erratas! Wow!

I wish we could trust what we read on the actual cards and not constantly keeping erratas on the desk... but hey, thats how card games work.

Thank you, you were extremely helpful!!!!!
verdealex79

Return to Forge