It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:23

Text Size

Forge importer doesn't recognize images

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge importer doesn't recognize images

Postby Drizzt893 » 06 Nov 2018, 03:05

I don't have internet at home, just on my phone. This means I can't use the built in downloader on my PC. I have downloaded card pics I got through a link on this site, unzipped them, put them in a folder on my desktop, went into Import Data, Choose Directory, Navigated to folder, and there isn't anything showing up. It doesn't show any files, and when I click open, it has (0) for all Cached Data pics categories. It Says Analyzing with a blue background, but this never changes. I click Start import and it says Import complete, but nothing has changed and my pics don't show up in game. I found the file labeled pics and dropped them in there, but that doesn't help either. Any ideas? I really like this game, but I'm done with having to read every card in the Oracle text box. I'd love it if you guys could give me some help.
Drizzt893

Re: Forge importer doesn't recognize images

Postby Drizzt893 » 06 Nov 2018, 03:23

Wow, I was looking at old posts and I've been coming on here for eight years just asking for help. Going to try to answer some questions if I can find something I know.
Drizzt893

Postby timmermac » 06 Nov 2018, 21:04

make sure the pics are name *.full.jpg. For best results, make sure they are organized by set into folders, then place those folders into [Drive letter]:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Forge\cache\pics\cards
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Drizzt893 » 10 Nov 2018, 00:07

So I have a set of every picture and it doesn't have .full in the card names. Is there a way to do this automatically? If not (I'm not changing 15,000 card names manually lol), can I get a link to pics (LQ is fine) that are named appropriately?
Drizzt893

Postby timmermac » 10 Nov 2018, 01:06

There are mass rename programs available on the internet. Alternatively, the forum has topics with links to methods of downloading every card. If space isn't an issue, one of those is a torrent with everything up through either m19 or c18. Forge's content downloader would then be sufficient to deal with the rest by using the lq set download option. The only reason I don't recommend the lq set download option to start is that there are a number of sets that it won't get. Things like BTD, BRB, E01, and quite a few others.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Drizzt893 » 10 Nov 2018, 01:32

Got it sorted out. If anyone else has this problem, Download "Bulk Rename Utility". Navigate to the folder with the pics in it, select all, go to Extension (11), switch to Fixed, and type full.jpg in the box. The files should be listed properly under the New Name column. Make sure you don't type .full.jpg with the first period included, or they will be named ..full.jpg (I did this and had to redownload a set)
Drizzt893

Postby Drizzt893 » 10 Nov 2018, 01:33

Thank you for the help.
Drizzt893

Postby Drizzt893 » 10 Nov 2018, 13:06

Okay, so I can get it to use the images now, but I can't get it to use them while they are in folders by set. I have tried using the full name of the set and the three letter code. This is preventing me from using multiple pictures for cards, which means if it is a card with reprints, it usually gives me the wrong set and I don't get the picture.
Drizzt893

Postby timmermac » 10 Nov 2018, 21:13

Not all of the folders that Forge uses have a three letter code. Some are one and two letters.
timmermac
Tester

Return to Forge