It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:13

Text Size

Using custom decks online against friend

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Using custom decks online against friend

Postby StupendousMan » 09 Dec 2018, 03:11

(Both on Samsung s8 with newest version of forge) Friend and I have connected our phones, (been trying for awhile without success, then realized our routers wasn't allowing the port forwarding) got that figured out. He was hosting, I was in the lobby, selected my deck from custom made decks (showing the deck I selected in the gray box). When we started the game I was playing the same deck he selected form the lobby and not the one I selected. Thinking he needs my deck on his phone, I sent him my list, and same results.
StupendousMan

Re: Using custom decks online against friend

Postby Nigol » 20 Mar 2019, 06:54

I can confirm this bug between 2 android devices, It doesn't happen when we have 2 desktop devices. It seems to happen between a desktop and android devices. I checked the code and tried to debug it, but I am not familiar enough with the code to find where the problem is exactly. I believe it affects the player that connects, not the player who serves. But I did find a workaround.

You do not need to send your friend your deck, it is sent when you click ready. The right deck is sent multiple times, I am not certain why, but at one point it defaults to the player 1 constructed deck, instead of the deck that is set in the online lobby. So the workaround is this, before connecting to the server have the player load the desired deck in the first slot (like usual against the AI) do a New Game, then concede, this will change the deck in the first slot to your desired deck. Then play online, connect to the server, choose your deck again. This should load your desired deck because if it falls back to the default deck it will be the same one.

I reported the bug here: https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge/issues/914

P.S. While testing I found an exception when the android client is hosting and the desktop client is connecting. It always crashes.

Code: Select all
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.net.GameProtocolHandler$1.run(GameProtocolHandler.java:59)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.trackable.TrackableTypes$TrackableCollectionType.copyChangedProps(TrackableTypes.java:105)
   at forge.trackable.TrackableProperty.copyChangedProps(TrackableProperty.java:185)
   at forge.trackable.TrackableObject.copyChangedProps(TrackableObject.java:105)
   at forge.match.AbstractGuiGame.setGameView(AbstractGuiGame.java:86)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.setGameView(CMatchUI.java:188)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at forge.net.GameProtocolHandler$1.run(GameProtocolHandler.java:55)
   ... 14 more
Nigol

Return to Forge