It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:47

Text Size

currently supported card list

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

currently supported card list

Postby Jessica » 20 Feb 2019, 18:37

Hi,

Where (or how) can I get a list of currently supported cards in Forge (cards for each set they appeared in)? For example "4E" folder with all cards supported in there, etc...

I ask this because I want to compare my HQ card pictures to that list, in order to see if I have all images for each supported card in Forge.
For the moment, I have no idea how to do this, because I don't know what's the current list of all supported cards in Forge.

Wouldn't it be great if there existed a button in Forge to export a 'currently supported card list' to some file format like HTML or TXT?
This card list could be used for several purposes (like mine above).

Jessica

Re: currently supported card list

Postby verdealex79 » 20 Feb 2019, 22:06

Look into your forge folder.. there should be a structure like /res/editions... and inside there, you can see 206 txt files, 1 for each set supported by Forge.

In each txt, you can find the list of the supported cards for that set. For instance, if you open the Unhinged txt, you can see that Forge only supports its basic lands.
verdealex79

Postby Jessica » 20 Feb 2019, 23:04

Are those txt files updated in each new Forge archive I download or do I need to do something to update them when there is a new Forge version?

Postby friarsol » 21 Feb 2019, 02:55

verdealex79 wrote:Look into your forge folder.. there should be a structure like /res/editions... and inside there, you can see 206 txt files, 1 for each set supported by Forge.

In each txt, you can find the list of the supported cards for that set. For instance, if you open the Unhinged txt, you can see that Forge only supports its basic lands.
No. The editions files have all cards in that edition. It's how we calculate the missing cards on the release posts.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby verdealex79 » 21 Feb 2019, 12:25

oh sorry then. I thought I got it right, since Unhinged and Unglued txts only have the lands.
verdealex79

Postby friarsol » 21 Feb 2019, 13:02

Those were special cases since there are no plans to add the rest of those.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Jessica » 21 Feb 2019, 14:51

friarsol wrote:
verdealex79 wrote:Look into your forge folder.. there should be a structure like /res/editions... and inside there, you can see 206 txt files, 1 for each set supported by Forge.

No. The editions files have all cards in that edition. It's how we calculate the missing cards on the release posts.
Thanks for the correction!
So I was right: there is no way to see the currently supported card list in Forge?
Or is there a way (for people who are not a developer)?

Postby friarsol » 22 Feb 2019, 02:08

Jessica wrote:
friarsol wrote:

Thanks for the correction!
So I was right: there is no way to see the currently supported card list in Forge?
Or is there a way (for people who are not a developer)?
Can't you see all the supported cards in the deck editor? I'm confused what you are trying to get. All of the supported cards exist in their own file in res/cardsfolder
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Jessica » 22 Feb 2019, 15:38

Thx!

This should be in some manual file or help file for Forge.
Unfortunately, there is very little help and that's why I didn't know this...

Postby friarsol » 22 Feb 2019, 22:38

Jessica wrote:Thx!

This should be in some manual file or help file for Forge.
Unfortunately, there is very little help and that's why I didn't know this...
In my experience people don't read those and instead just post to the forum to ask. Being able to find all of the available cards in the deck editor shouldn't be that surprising? I guess I can see not thinking about it like that at first but if you try to make your own deck I'd expect you go into the deck editor and start trying to add.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge