It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 00:58

Text Size

Token syntax for editions

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Token syntax for editions

Postby verdealex79 » 24 Feb 2019, 16:32

Hi, I read that lately Forge added/changed something related to tokens and editions. I read that a particular "version" of a token image can now be retrieved if the token name, apart from the "fixed" part that Forge expects, ends with "_xxx.jpg", where _xxx is the 3 or 2 letter code (used by Forge) for the set where the card which created the token belongs. Am I right?

If so, I have 2 questions:

- this is for all the tokens of the MTG history (i.e. also tokens generated by very old sets), or only for the tokens generated by the newest sets?
- _xxx has to be uppercased, lowercased, or Forge takes both?
- what happens for those tokens specified in cardsfolder (in their source cards' txt) which already are linked to an edition code ?
For example, in "grip_of_phyresis.txt", i can see the token specified as "b 0 0 germ C16"; but grip of phyresis has been printed also in CMA and PZ2. If i put the CMA version of the token in the tokens folder with the name "b_0_0_germ_CMA.jpg", will it be used if I use the CMA version of "Grip of Phyresis", even if "grip_of_phyresis.txt" only specify the C16 version?

Thank you!
verdealex79

Re: Token syntax for editions

Postby Hanmac » 12 Mar 2019, 16:36

Token script are currently in reworking, it will later use the right image for the editon of the card
Hanmac

Return to Forge