It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:07

Text Size

I cannot figure out how to block

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

I cannot figure out how to block

Postby Joybox » 27 Feb 2019, 07:41

I know it may sound stupid, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to block on either Android and PC. When I'm in the declare blockers phase I try to click on my creatures and the targets but nothing happens.
Joybox

Re: I cannot figure out how to block

Postby friarsol » 27 Feb 2019, 13:27

Click on attacker to select it then each blocker you want blocking it. Repeat for each attacker.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Joybox » 27 Feb 2019, 20:37

friarsol wrote:Click on attacker to select it then each blocker you want blocking it. Repeat for each attacker.
Clicking on the attacker on the declare blockers step only makes me read the card on Android. I haven't checked on PC
Joybox

Postby friarsol » 27 Feb 2019, 23:10

Are you sure you haven't skipped the part of the step where you can declare blockers? Maybe it's an illegal block.. post screenshots maybe
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby CptKird » 28 Feb 2019, 21:50

Joybox wrote:
friarsol wrote:Click on attacker to select it then each blocker you want blocking it. Repeat for each attacker.
Clicking on the attacker on the declare blockers step only makes me read the card on Android. I haven't checked on PC
Hi,

usually, when you see a zoomed card after singleclicking something, expecting something else to happen, you weren't allowed to click/play at that point in the game, which makes me wonder if maybe you have the "DB" step in your opponents phase info toggled to auto-yield (red colored phase step)?
(E.g. You also see a zoomed card when you already played a land and want to play another in the same turn)

In my screenshot, you can see the "DB" step in the opponents phase info (top left) is highlighted, indicating we're at Declaring Blockers step and since it's green, I can interact in this step.

I declared 4 blockers, first by selecting the attacker (it's showing the blue selection icon in the center of the card. Also, since it's the only attacker, it was autoselected), then adding the blocking creatures by singleclick (they get their green shield icons assigned) and as you may notice, the target arrows are translucent, which means I can change every attacker/blocker pairing as often as I want.

Only when I hit OK one more time, all pairings are set and final (targeting arrows become a solid color). You can still play instants/fast effects, until you hit OK once more and the damage phases start.

If you don't have any effects to manage during upkeep, you can leave the red auto-yield toggles like they are set in my screenshot.

Hope that helped?
Else: yea, provide some screenshots, to let us see what's going on :)

All the best
Cpt. Kird
Attachments
Screenshot_20190210-104843_Forge.jpg
CptKird

Postby friarsol » 01 Mar 2019, 01:48

CptKird wrote:usually, when you see a zoomed card after singleclicking something, expecting something else to happen, you weren't allowed to click/play at that point in the game, which makes me wonder if maybe you have the "DB" step in your opponents phase info toggled to auto-yield (red colored phase step)?
(E.g. You also see a zoomed card when you already played a land and want to play another in the same turn)

In my screenshot, you can see the "DB" step in the opponents phase info (top left) is highlighted, indicating we're at Declaring Blockers step and since it's green, I can interact in this step.
This is a good clarification, but even if you auto-yield during declare attackers or blockers it still should stop for that portion of the phase. It just means auto yield your priority.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby CptKird » 01 Mar 2019, 07:32

friarsol wrote:
CptKird wrote:In my screenshot, you can see the "DB" step in the opponents phase info (top left) is highlighted, indicating we're at Declaring Blockers step and since it's green, I can interact in this step.
This is a good clarification, but even if you auto-yield during declare attackers or blockers it still should stop for that portion of the phase. It just means auto yield your priority.
You are correct, even when both "DA" and "DB" toggles are red, even on both sides, the game still stops to allow for declaring blockers when I'm attacked :)

So, that can't be it..?!?

The only explanation left would be incompatible blockers, e.g. if the opponent attacks with flying creatures, the creatures have Fear, etc..

Time for some screenshots, Joybox :D

All the best
Cpt. Kird
CptKird

Return to Forge