It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:31

Text Size

Cards in low res even though hi res cards are in the folders

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Cards in low res even though hi res cards are in the folders

Postby peepser » 27 Feb 2019, 18:55

I am having problems with the arabian nights expansion. When I do a booster draft, some cards are blank, even though they are referenced as 'ARN'. I have all hi res cards in this folder. Yet, it seems to pull them from somewhere else. I thought the game always got its art from the 'cards' folders according to the name that shows up on the forge screen. I could understand it if forge shows 'rukh egg' as coming from 'AN' and I didn't name the folder correctly, but it always shows 'ARN' for arabian nights cards.

second question: why are all the cards also outside of their folders in the 'cards' folder? These are all low res. The game seems to pull low res art from this section sometimes, but I don't know why it would if the cards shows up as 'ARN'. Shouldn't it take the art from the 'ARN' folder?

So, since the game is not pulling card art from my hi res 'ARN' folder, and pulling it from the low res images within the 'cards' folder, I replaced the low res arabian nights cards with hi res art, same name, and then the cards still show up as blanks when I start a booster draft. Example 'hasran ogress.full.jpg'. But, when I change the hi res card name to 'hasran ogress1.full.jpg', it suddenly appears in the game. Why would it need the '1'?
peepser

Re: Cards in low res even though hi res cards are in the fol

Postby friarsol » 28 Feb 2019, 03:37

My Arabian Nights pictures live in AN not ARN. I'm not sure what you mean by "they are referenced as ARN" Set codes in the game always use the 3 letter set codes. But images are based on Magic Workshop naming that uses 1 or 2 letters for older sets.

Images come in two forms.. Set and non-set. Sets live in specifically named folders, non set just live in the base directory and are loaded with no Set postfix on them.

For your last question, certain older cards have more than one Art. For those they need to be postfixed with the number to differentiate between them.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Cards in low res even though hi res cards are in the fol

Postby CptKird » 02 Mar 2019, 13:04

peepser wrote:even though they are referenced as 'ARN'. I have all hi res cards in this folder.
Hi,

you can always verify correct scan-foldernames with the "Code2" entry in each txt-file found in Forge/res/editions.

So far, my experience has been that it's always "Code2", e.g. not "LEB" for Beta, but simply "B" :)

Basic land scans used by the AI seem to be sourced exclusively from the "M13" folder. Since I usually draft older expansions, I've put Beta land scans in there and added a fourth choice, e.g. "Forest4.full.png" (which is just a copy of "Forest1.full.png"). Works :mrgreen:

Keep drafting 8)
All the best
Cpt. Kird
CptKird

Return to Forge