It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:27

Text Size

Forge Release 04/07/2019 ver 1.6.23

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 04/07/2019 ver 1.6.23

Postby friarsol » 22 Apr 2019, 00:09

peepser wrote:Why are my cards dark? This has happened a few times. AI's card are also all dark. Play continues as normal, with dark cards. On turn 12, cards were bright again.
What cards were played before the lighting was restored?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby dolphi5 » 22 Apr 2019, 13:19

Master of Waves has "Protection from creatures" rather than "Protection from Red"
Snap2.png
dolphi5

Postby LexilconCondran » 23 Apr 2019, 08:31

Does the forge community accept custom cards, or only legitimate cards?
i just want to know if there was a way to craft 13 cards and add them into Magic 2014
As a community wad to play with in the dotp game
#-o "I Dont Know What to Do with my Life"

[-o< "So here iam"
LexilconCondran

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 23 Apr 2019, 20:00

Maybe I've made an error somewhere, but there are no pictures displayed for the treasure tokens created with Treasure Map/Treasure Cove. I thought the problem was on my side, so I tried to see if a Wily Goblin would have the same problem, but nada.

I looked at the script and everything's looks fine. It's just:
SVar:DBTreasureTokens:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 3 | TokenScript$ c_a_treasure_sac | TokenOwner$ You | LegacyImage$ c a treasure sac xln
And yes, I have the 5 different pictures for xln, and I also have a picture named c_a_treasure_sac. Am I the only one with this bug?

Edit: found the origin of the problem, it was coming from me.
Attachments
NoTreasure.jpg
Last edited by AStrangerIsHere on 25 Apr 2019, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby Fregnor » 23 Apr 2019, 23:39

Arc Mage sometimes does 3 damage with its ability when it is only supposed to be able to do 2.
Fregnor

Postby peepser » 24 Apr 2019, 03:00

Scrye is still not working. It asks me if I want to scrye, I say yes. Screen goes dark. Have to 'escape' to get out of it. No scrye option. Here is the opening hand I had after mulligan.
Attachments
scrye not working.JPG
peepser

Postby gos » 24 Apr 2019, 09:36

peepser wrote:Scrye is still not working. It asks me if I want to scrye, I say yes. Screen goes dark. Have to 'escape' to get out of it. No scrye option. Here is the opening hand I had after mulligan.
Could this possibly be because the scry window is off-screen? I work in 2 different locations, with a different amount of screens, as well as taking my laptop home with me, and the various windows for different zones - library for scrying/searching, graveyard, flashback, etc. - often end up being partly off-screen and difficult to interact with. Unfortunately, the usual windows trick for this problem (alt-space) does not work.
gos

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 25 Apr 2019, 09:24

A little improvement to Treasure Map/Treasure Cove. Before, the AI ​​would not draw card with treasure cove, so I added something to make it work fully.

| Open
Name:Treasure Map
ManaCost:2
Types:Artifact
A:AB$ Scry | Cost$ 1 T | ScryNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBLandmark | SpellDescription$ Scry 1. Put a landmark counter on CARDNAME. Then if there are three or more landmark counters on it, remove those counters, transform CARDNAME, and create three colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color."
SVar:DBLandmark:DB$ PutCounter | Defined$ Self | CounterType$ LANDMARK | CounterNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBBranch
SVar:DBBranch:DB$ Branch | BranchConditionSVar$ XMarksTheSpot | References$ XMarksTheSpot | TrueSubAbility$ DBRemoveCtrs
SVar:DBRemoveCtrs:DB$ RemoveCounter | Defined$ Self | CounterType$ LANDMARK | CounterNum$ All | SubAbility$ DBTransform
SVar:DBTransform:DB$ SetState | Defined$ Self | Mode$ Transform | SubAbility$ DBTreasureTokens
SVar:DBTreasureTokens:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 3 | TokenScript$ c_a_treasure_sac | TokenOwner$ You | LegacyImage$ c a treasure sac xln
SVar:XMarksTheSpot:Count$Valid Card.Self+counters_GE3_LANDMARK
AlternateMode:DoubleFaced
DeckHas:Ability$Token
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/treasure_map.jpg
Oracle:{1}, {T}: Scry 1. Put a landmark counter on Treasure Map. Then if there are three or more landmark counters on it, remove those counters, transform Treasure Map, and create three colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color."

ALTERNATE

Name:Treasure Cove
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ C | SpellDescription$ Add {C}.
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ T Sac<1/Treasure> | NumCards$ 1 | AILogic$ BestOpportunity | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$Card.namedTreasure
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/treasure_cove.jpg
Oracle:(Transforms from Treasure Map.)\n{T}: Add {C}.\n{T}, Sacrifice a Treasure: Draw a card.

Edit:another card with an improvement, Ifnir Deadlands
| Open
Name:Ifnir Deadlands
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land Desert
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ C | SpellDescription$ Add {C}.
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T PayLife<1> | Produced$ B | SpellDescription$ Add {B}.
A:AB$ PutCounter | Cost$ 2 B B T Sac<1/Desert> | ValidTgts$ Creature.OppCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature an opponent controls | IsCurse$ True | CounterType$ M1M1 | CounterNum$ 2 | SorcerySpeed$ True | SpellDescription$ Put two -1/-1 counters on target creature an opponent controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$Card.Desert
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ifnir_deadlands.jpg
DeckHas:Ability$Counters
Oracle:{T}: Add {C}.\n{T}, Pay 1 life: Add {B}.\n{2}{B}{B}, {T}, Sacrifice a Desert: Put two -1/-1 counters on target creature an opponent controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

In fact, a lot of cards should have SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$ implemented I think.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby peepser » 27 Apr 2019, 14:46

gos wrote:
peepser wrote:Scrye is still not working. It asks me if I want to scrye, I say yes. Screen goes dark. Have to 'escape' to get out of it. No scrye option. Here is the opening hand I had after mulligan.
Could this possibly be because the scry window is off-screen? I work in 2 different locations, with a different amount of screens, as well as taking my laptop home with me, and the various windows for different zones - library for scrying/searching, graveyard, flashback, etc. - often end up being partly off-screen and difficult to interact with. Unfortunately, the usual windows trick for this problem (alt-space) does not work.
No, I do see the window occasionally in different games. The scrye seems to work only some of the time.
peepser

Postby GeorgeTheFool » 27 Apr 2019, 18:38

The tokens made by Daxos the Returned's ability isn't proccing a trigger from Ajani's Chosen, and Helm of the Gods isn't including them toward its +1/+1 for each enchantment you control either.

It worked in the previous version (from Octoberish). Auras work with both abilities fine, as do regular enchantments.
GeorgeTheFool

Postby OneMoreNameless » 27 Apr 2019, 22:47

Supernatural Stamina gives the +2/+0 but fails to return creatures to the battlefield. I cast it in two games in either player's combat phase for mutual kills, but no luck. The creatures in question weren't tokens and weren't otherwise affected by anything more than a couple of -1/-1 tokens or being flash-cast at the time.

Pictured below, a Naga Vitalist somehow producing white mana without the 'black or green' prompt I'd been given during previous turns. Clicking a card from my hand to cast and then tapping the naga automatically assigned the correct colour. No idea what suddenly caused this.

WhiteMana.jpg
OneMoreNameless

Postby FangedLion » 28 Apr 2019, 15:31

I can confirm the Might of Old Krosa bug.
Attachments
MightofOldKrosaBug.png
FangedLion

Postby friarsol » 28 Apr 2019, 19:09

GeorgeTheFool wrote:The tokens made by Daxos the Returned's ability isn't proccing a trigger from Ajani's Chosen, and Helm of the Gods isn't including them toward its +1/+1 for each enchantment you control either.

It worked in the previous version (from Octoberish). Auras work with both abilities fine, as do regular enchantments.
I beleive this was fixed. It'll be part of the release that contains WAR cards.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Fregnor » 28 Apr 2019, 19:14

My tokens for 4/4 red and green Beast creatures with trample are not displaying an image. I looked in my token image file and I have one named rg_4_4_beast_trample_rna . I looked in the scripting for Domri, Chaos Bringer, and this is the name that the script was calling the token. I don't know what is wrong.
Fregnor

Postby SoulMan » 29 Apr 2019, 04:11

Fregnor wrote:My tokens for 4/4 red and green Beast creatures with trample are not displaying an image. I looked in my token image file and I have one named rg_4_4_beast_trample_rna . I looked in the scripting for Domri, Chaos Bringer, and this is the name that the script was calling the token. I don't know what is wrong.
It looks like the picture for the Emblem is missing as well.

Looking at the card script for "Domri, Chaos Bringer", it references the following:
- Image$ emblem_domri_chaos_bringer
- TokenScript$ rg_4_4_beast_trample
- Image$ rg 4 4 beast trample rna

Looking in the /pics/tokens folder, I see the following files:
- emblem_domri_chaos_bringer_rna.jpg
- rg_4_4_beast_trample_rna.jpg

I made a copy of both of these files, but removed the "_rna" from the name, and both the images for the emblem and token creature loaded correctly.

Just to double check, I looked at another Planeswalker that can generate tokens, "Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants". He has the following:
- Image$ emblem_ajani_adversary_of_tyrants
- TokenScript$ w_1_1_cat_lifelink
- Image$ w 1 1 cat lifelink m19

His emblem loads fine, but I also have the same problem with his token images not loading.

Looking again in the /pics/tokens folder, I see the following files:
- emblem_ajani_adversary_of_tyrants.jpg
- w_1_1_cat_lifelink_m19.jpg

I made a copy of cat token and removed the "_m19" from the file name and it proceeded to work.

TLDR: I'm not sure if it's a naming convention issue on the scripting side or in the token file names, but there is a mismatch between the name of the image file that Forge is expecting and what the default image download calls things. Until it is resolved, anytime you have an image issue, you can likely solve it by looking at the script file and comparing what it wants to what the name of the image file is in the /pics/tokens folder. I.E. in the original case above, it would be changing "rg_4_4_beast_trample_rna.jpg" to "rg_4_4_beast_trample.jpg" (or making a copy and renaming the copy so if things change in the future with the naming formats, you have both versions).

Edit: I looked at a handful of the other Planeswalkers that generate tokens, they all have the '_SET' style naming schema for their tokens and emblems and work as expected, so there is definitely something strange going on with Domri and Ajani's tokens.
SoulMan

PreviousNext

Return to Forge