It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:22

Text Size

Help

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Help

Postby ajacobs899 » 08 May 2019, 03:21

I posted about this issue about a week ago, but I wanted to post again to make sure people can see it and give advice as they can.

I ran into an issue a while ago where after selecting both my and my opponent's decks, clicking start does not properly start a match. Instead it pretends to open a new tab where the game should be displayed, but no such tab exists. Instead, I am merely looking at a lack of display and staring at the background of my theme. Forge clearly thinks a game is in progress though, because when I try closing it I get a warning notifying me that a game is in progress, even though this clearly is not the case. I have attached a screenshot as a pdf below. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks to this issue I have been unable to use forge for weeks now. I am using the latest version (1.6.24).

Screenshot (1).pdf
(86.13 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
ajacobs899

Re: Help

Postby CptKird » 09 May 2019, 10:54

Hi,

first off, I guess it would have been better to update your previous post with your screenshot ;)
(That would've bumped it to the top again)

Anyway, Sol asked about the Forge log file, which would normally be created in the same folder you are starting forge.exe from, after Forge crashed. But I'm guessing it doesn't actually crash in your case?

Your deck editor looks fine? Did you already try to "Reset Match Layout" in preferences (top, troubleshooting section)?

A freshly downloaded and extracted (to a temporary/different location) Forge has the same issue?

If these steps fail, maybe something prevents Forge to access system resources the usual way?
If you use antivirus software, after maybe unplugging physically from the web, try temp. disabling your av suite? There may be features like "Auto Sandbox" etc to restrict Forge system resource access?

Verifiy that your cache location and overall folder structure is accessible (that nothing got accidentally deleted ;) )

Other than that, if you have another computer available in your home, try Forge there too and if it runs flawlessly, try to compare the system setups to find further starting points to check for, java version installed, antivirus used and settings, etc.

Hope you can find a solution!
All the best
K.
CptKird

Postby ajacobs899 » 15 May 2019, 15:13

CptKird wrote:Your deck editor looks fine? Did you already try to "Reset Match Layout" in preferences (top, troubleshooting section)?
I don't see an option to Reset Match Layout. This is what I find in troubleshooting:

Screenshot (3).png
ajacobs899

Postby ajacobs899 » 15 May 2019, 15:17

Nevermind, I was looking in the wrong section. The reset button fixed the problem. Thank you for the help!
ajacobs899

Postby CptKird » 15 May 2019, 20:58

Sure thing :)
CptKird

Return to Forge