It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:59

Text Size

A quest strategy question

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: A quest strategy question

Postby timmermac » 09 Sep 2012, 01:35

Resurrecting this thread to post a new combo. Any creature with landwalk and Sublime Archangel. Especially if you've got a few creatures out. *gulp* ouchie.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Nordos » 10 Sep 2012, 13:48

Tormented Soul is your best bet, since it is in the M13 edition included.
Since M13 has the Archangel and many white/black exalted creatures (including two which have protection from white/black), you could start with Standart pool and always choose Standard at first.
Standart has many a strong cards, too, for example the infect creatures and Phyrexian Obliterator. And some Lifelink creatures (which are very powerful against easy/medium opponents).

I advise to take at first only Standart, since even the commons and uncommons are, compared to the ancient commons and uncommons, much stronger and more useful.
Nordos

Postby timmermac » 24 Sep 2012, 02:29

So, I purchase a tournament pack of Champions of Kamigawa, and guess what my rares are? See the attached screenshot for jaw-dropping goodness.
Attachments
perfect pack.PNG
pwned
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby timmermac » 22 Jun 2013, 18:22

Resurrecting this again to post about the most recent match in my current quest. I played against my Burning Elves deck... and got completely annihilated. I'm really thinking I should try to put that deck together in paper Magic and try it against some high-level competition, because it is totally nasty.

Here's the decklist:

Code: Select all
4 Plateau
4 Taiga
4 Temple Garden
4 Coat of Arms
4 Skyshroud Elf
4 Stomping Ground
4 Elvish Champion
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Gaea's Anthem
4 Blaze
4 Beastmaster Ascension
4 Fireball
4 Priest of Titania
4 Savannah
4 Doubling Season
4 Llanowar Elves
Game 1: Computer drops a couple of Skyshrouds and a Priest. Then it drops 3 Beastmasters, 2 Coats and a Season. Then it starts attacking. Ouch.
Game 2: More of the same, except without the Priest.

I really want to try this deck against living opponents.
timmermac
Tester

Previous

Return to Forge