It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:21

Text Size

How to Import CCGHQ HQ Pics

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How to Import CCGHQ HQ Pics

Postby arktheoverlord » 29 May 2019, 20:10

How do I import CCGHQ HQ Pics? I've tried extracting the zip files and renaming the folders but that doesn't work.
arktheoverlord

Re: How to Import CCGHQ HQ Pics

Postby CptKird » 03 Jun 2019, 21:14

Hi,

well, there's the "Import Data" button (in "Game Settings" > "Content Downloaders") and it seems to do its job (just tested it with the "EMA" set and it worked but skipped 1 card, not sure why??)
So, you could unpack all zips and point the importer to that folder and see how far you get using that option.
I did copy everything manually, to have more control.

First off, for Forge (and the importer) to "see" the scans, they need to have every instance of "Name of card.xlhq.jpg" changed to "Name of card.full.jpg"
(I used the mass rename tool of Total Commander, Ctrl+M, just the search and replace part).

IIRC you could just drop all jpgs into the target folder:
C:\Users\>>>YOU<<<\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\cards
but that would be beyond messy and it'd be better to have a folder for each set.

To find the set folder name, you need to open one of the text files in Forge/res/editions with e.g. Notepad and search, at the beginning, for "Code2". Only use "Code" if there's no "Code2".
So, Beta edition, in your CCGHQ zips the "LEB" one, uses just "B" as "Code2", so, the scans folder is simply named "B" as well.
This would be the full path: C:\Users\>>>YOU<<<\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\cards\B\ to put all your "Name of BETA card.full.jpg"s in :)

Recent sets have identical "Code2" and "Code" entries, e.g. RNA for Ravnica Allegiance.

You could also just get the folder names from one of the Mega directories e.g. here:
https://mega.nz/#F!ONBh0BLI!_ZveFfQGLtx ... Q!KdJFBCwR
by downloading everything and replace with the hi res ones you have (that Mega directory is 3 Gbytes btw :mrgreen: )

The main sets and expansions are easy, all the promo stuff is where it gets much more delicate, I didn't tackle tokens yet, but have an idea how they're supposed to work.

Good luck, hope it works!
K.

BTW: I use the attached placeholder to easily spot which scans are still missing. Make a backup of the existing "no_card.jpg" and copy mine to Forge\res\defaults.
It's RGB full green, so, it'll keep you "motivated" to get rid of it with those scans :mrgreen:
(While Forge is open, it will update the deck editors available cards section with correctly placed scans in real time. No need to restart Forge every time you changed a scans folder or copied new ones.
If Forge doesn't update the cards section, something is still missing, e.g. correct scan folder name, xlhq instead of full, etc)

And yes, I used "e.g." a LOT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

| Open
no_card.jpg
no_card.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
CptKird

Return to Forge