It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:59

Text Size

Problems with running online [Android]

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Problems with running online [Android]

Postby roscherk » 26 Aug 2019, 16:16

Tryed to play online with my friend recently. We both have android devices with android version higher than 4.4. But when we tryed to connect to each other the only thing we saw was the infinite "Connecting to the server..." screen. Any suggestions about fixing this?
roscherk

Re: Problems with running online [Android]

Postby CptKird » 26 Aug 2019, 20:35

Hi,

if we're talking WAN/Internet session:
Did you make sure that the hosting players network/device allows port 36743 access?
You can check this here, for example: https://canyouseeme.org/

If it's a LAN session:
I'm sorry, I just did some tests and I couldn't get two Androids connected either :(

Two Windows desktop versions worked flawlessly over WAN/internet.

Fingers crossed
K.
CptKird

Postby roscherk » 26 Aug 2019, 22:46

CptKird wrote:Hi,

if we're talking WAN/Internet session:
Did you make sure that the hosting players network/device allows port 36743 access?
Thank you for your reply! I`ve just checked port 36743 on the site you suggested and there's what I've got: "Error: I could not see your service on /my ip/ on port (36743)
Reason: Connection timed out"
I quess that isn't suppose to happen, but I know absolutely nothing about the subject, so maybe you know the way to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance
roscherk

Postby CptKird » 26 Aug 2019, 23:48

Well,

the number of possible network setups and configurations _and_ how much a user knows about them makes this a bit too difficult to answer straight away ;)

The keyword is "port forwarding", because at least somewhere in your setup is a firewall, blocking an incoming connection at that port.

From Windows own firewall, to 3rd party software aka "Internet Security" programs, to your routers firewall and beyond that even your internet providers modem might have a firewall running.

Which exact setup is used in your case and how to access and configure it would, in a best case scenario, involve someone knowledgable enough present at your computer, showing you how.

Or you can try your luck on the discord server, where a more direct communication is possible.
(Be aware though, the server runs highest authentication level, so you need to verify a cell phone number. That's discords way to keep it slightly more cosy ;) )

Also there's the networkplay channel to find players to connect with and/or test your setup.

See you there, maybe :)
K.

PS: The link is in the official Forge release post under "Feel free to jump on in and say hi!"
PPS: Check this out, maybe it works for you and your friend:
https://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28909&p=238664#p238664
CptKird

Return to Forge