It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:45

Text Size

Forge Release 11/11/2019 ver 1.6.30

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 11/11/2019 ver 1.6.30

Postby friarsol » 21 Nov 2019, 01:56

gos wrote:Surrak, the Hunt Caller is not granting haste properly.

His ability triggers correctly, and when you choose a target it loses the summoning sickness symbol, and you can select it as an attacker, but forge always stops the attack and tells me it's invalid if the targeted creature is declared an attacker.

For comparison, Hanweir Battlements are granting haste correctly.
Yea there's an issue with things that trigger during Begin Combat step. It's been fixed. Hopefully we'll have a release pretty soon. The every week B&R updates are kind of impacting that.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Diena » 21 Nov 2019, 04:37

Playing against the computer, it has Rubblebelt Recluse on the battlefield and nothing else impactful. During the BC phase, I activate Verity Circle to tap it. The capacity resolves, the creature is tapped and I draw a card. When moving to DA, the computer manages to declare it as attacker.
Diena

Postby schizophoenix » 21 Nov 2019, 14:12

Puppeteer Clique came into play during my opponent's turn (from persist). The target creature was exiled at the end of my opponent's turn. That should only happen at my next end step.
schizophoenix

Postby Fregnor » 21 Nov 2019, 16:48

In Achievements, the trophy for Planeswalker Ultimates for Garruk, Cursed Huntsman cannot be earned because something is wrong with the game.

This was reported as broken for the last version of Forge and it still is not working. I met the conditions to earn the trophy twice today, and did not get it either time.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 21 Nov 2019, 17:54

The AI cannot play Flaxen Intruder well. The AI sacrifices it to destroy its own useful artifact. I think it should be flagged as a card the AI cannot play well with the line of code:
Code: Select all
AI:RemoveDeck:All
Fregnor

Postby rickp » 22 Nov 2019, 17:10

Lovestruck Beast (Throne of Eldraine bug)

Lovestruck beast is one of the new adventure cards which is an instant and a creature. Lovestruck beast can only attack if it has a 1/1 creature in play - the common idea would be to play Lovestruck Beast first to create a 1/1 token creature then be played later from exile so it can attack and defend.

Forge plays Lovestruck Beast always as a 5/5 creature when there are no 1/1 creatures on the board leaving it with no means to attack - just being used as a 5/5 defender and I can't help but think this is wrong - the AI needs to understand if there are no 1/1 creatures in play for it then it needs to activate this card as an instant first and then call in from exile unless the AI needs a big 5/5 defender right away which in my scenarios it didn't.
Attachments
bugreport.jpg
Bug Picture
rickp

Postby rickp » 22 Nov 2019, 17:15

Just had another scenario where the AI (on default AI setting) played Lovestruck Beast (two times) one after each other (two summons) and both times decided to play as 5/5 creatures yet I am early into the game turn wise and have little in the way of an attacking threat on the board (1/1 flyer) so it's definitely something you guys wanna have a look at.
rickp

Postby epsilon82 » 22 Nov 2019, 17:40

Great job as usual to everyone involved! What an amazing piece of software this is.

Just wanted to mention that Possibility Storm doesn't seem to behave properly with respect to casting Adventure cards. Ali Aintrazi posted a Pioneer deck recently that involves a combo where you get Possibility Storm out and then play a Sorcery attached to an Adventure. Now, supposedly (and I assume this is correct because this deck was played in a Japanese tournament and Aintrazi himself had video of him playing on MTGO) when you cast a Sorcery on an Adventure card, this is supposed to mill through the deck and find a card that exclusively has a Sorcery type on it. In this case, that card is supposed to be Enter the Infinite, so you draw your whole deck with that, put Borborygmos Enraged on top of your library, then play a zero cost Walking Ballista to cast the Borborygmos Enraged and then kill the opponent by discarding all your lands.

When you cast a Sorcery half of an Adventure card in Forge, it will cycle through the library until it finds any Creature OR Sorcery card. So usually you'll just find a worthless mana dork and fizzle the combo. Now, the text of Possibility Storm itself makes me think this is a reasonable interpretation of the rules, because it just says "Card with a matching type", and of course, Adventure cards have both Creature and Sorcery types, but apparently it's not supposed to work that way or else this deck wouldn't work at all.
epsilon82

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 23 Nov 2019, 05:39

Fervent Champion second ability works on any other knights, and not just those attacking.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby Fizanko » 24 Nov 2019, 16:45

About the content downloader, i noticed something that i think could use improvement.

From CptKrid suggestion about performance i did some test with converting all my cards into 8bits PNG (as they use nearly 4 times less memory than the JPG format).

It works well with Forge, but it appears that despite the cards in 8bits PNG format all work in Forge , the content downloader does not recognize them and will try to download them all in JPG.

Maybe the content downloader shouldn't care about the picture extension and only the actual file name when checking how much cards are missing ?
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby epsilon82 » 24 Nov 2019, 16:51

Fregnor wrote:In Achievements, the trophy for Planeswalker Ultimates for Garruk, Cursed Huntsman cannot be earned because something is wrong with the game.

This was reported as broken for the last version of Forge and it still is not working. I met the conditions to earn the trophy twice today, and did not get it either time.
This also appears to be the case for Vraska, Golgari Queen. I've killed the opponent with the emblem's effect numerous times and still haven't gotten the achievement.
epsilon82

Postby Stinky » 24 Nov 2019, 18:04

When I have Grenzo, Havoc Raiser and several other creatures in play and attack multiple opponents simultaneously, is there any way to know which one of his triggers refers to which attacker? I get the "chose a mode"-screen (where I chose whether to goad or exile the top card) several times in a row (for each creature dealing combat damage), but they all refer to Grenzo, Havoc Raiser so I don't know which mode I choose for which creature.
Stinky

Postby jdmagtibay » 25 Nov 2019, 04:19

Hi. I've just updated my Forge. I last updated it about a year ago. And I found out that tokens don't work like they used to. One of the previous versions' notes pointed to a separate forum post that addresses the issue but somehow it was deleted and I cannot view it. Can somebody help me at how the tokens can be shown properly again? Thanks. :?: :(
jdmagtibay

Postby Fregnor » 25 Nov 2019, 07:07

jdmagtibay wrote:Hi. I've just updated my Forge. I last updated it about a year ago. And I found out that tokens don't work like they used to. One of the previous versions' notes pointed to a separate forum post that addresses the issue but somehow it was deleted and I cannot view it. Can somebody help me at how the tokens can be shown properly again? Thanks. :?: :(
There do always seem to be missing token images with each set. This token thread is still active: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5298

What I usually have to do in the end is open up the coding for an individual card that generates tokens and see what the exact name of the token is supposed to be.

To view the card coding on my computer, the path is like: C:/Games/MTG Forge/forge-gui-desktop-1.6.30/res/cardsfolder/cardsfolder/i/icatian_crier

Your installation will likely be slightly different so your path will be slightly different.

I then open up my token images folder and copy and rename an existing token image, or if it is not there, manually download one from the internet, cut off the edges in a program like Paint, rename it properly, and put it into the token folder.
Fregnor

Postby jdmagtibay » 25 Nov 2019, 08:57

Fregnor wrote:
jdmagtibay wrote:Hi. I've just updated my Forge. I last updated it about a year ago. And I found out that tokens don't work like they used to. One of the previous versions' notes pointed to a separate forum post that addresses the issue but somehow it was deleted and I cannot view it. Can somebody help me at how the tokens can be shown properly again? Thanks. :?: :(
There do always seem to be missing token images with each set. This token thread is still active: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5298

What I usually have to do in the end is open up the coding for an individual card that generates tokens and see what the exact name of the token is supposed to be.

To view the card coding on my computer, the path is like: C:/Games/MTG Forge/forge-gui-desktop-1.6.30/res/cardsfolder/cardsfolder/i/icatian_crier

Your installation will likely be slightly different so your path will be slightly different.

I then open up my token images folder and copy and rename an existing token image, or if it is not there, manually download one from the internet, cut off the edges in a program like Paint, rename it properly, and put it into the token folder.
I have a bunch of tokens from the previous sets. They are in the "tokens" folder located in the "pics" folder. Correct me if I'm wrong but does it mean I have to rename each of the tokens? Is the location correct? I have 400+ of those token images which I downloaded a long time ago, and I have to rename them?
jdmagtibay

PreviousNext

Return to Forge