It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:30

Text Size

Game often hangs with the message "Waiting for other player"

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Game often hangs with the message "Waiting for other player"

Postby Hunterwolf » 29 Nov 2019, 02:38

Randomly whilst playing MTG Forge the game will hang with the message "Waiting for other player". The only thing you can do is exit the game and restart. This has been happening with increasing frequency. Currently there's a more than 50% chance of this happening while playing.

It can happen at any time during a game, during initial card draw, battle, casting spells, and on either your or the AI's turn. Is this a common bug with Forge or is it something to do with my system?

I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit OS, 4 gig ram, AMD Radeon R4 Processor.

Any info on how to mitigate this bug would be very much appreciated :)
Hunterwolf

Re: Game often hangs with the message "Waiting for other pla

Postby timmermac » 29 Nov 2019, 21:56

You might want to consider adding more RAM to your machine and then increasing the amount of heap space available to Java.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Re: Game often hangs with the message "Waiting for other pla

Postby kevlahnota » 30 Nov 2019, 06:25

Also make sure you update your assets (forge install folder) every time you install forge new releases or snapshots (Safest is to backup your save data, remove the old folder, extract assets, then move back your saves, doing this should fix common loading problems). The hang with the message "Waiting for other player", can be due to missing assets, throwing null pointer exceptions.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Return to Forge