It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:03

Text Size

Doing a fresh install?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Doing a fresh install?

Postby Thrint » 08 Dec 2019, 23:04

I'm crashing at the "Opening Main Window" after hitting some kind of bug in the shop window of quest mode. The version in use is (as of now) the most recent, forge-1.6.31-SNAPSHOT-r235-d04c593adc.tar.bz2. What do I need to do to wipe all directories and do a fresh install? I'm running Win 10, if that matters.
Thrint

Re: Doing a fresh install?

Postby Fizanko » 09 Dec 2019, 00:33

If you want to completely wipe out everything from Forge (including cards pictures etc...) you can delete the folder named "Forge" that is located by default in :
C:\Users\YourUSERname\AppData\Roaming\

But there should be no need of that as it's very likely one of the corrupted files that may be responsible of your crash should be
-the "quest" folder located in
C:\Users\YourUSERname\AppData\Roaming\Forge\

-the "preference" folder located in
C:\Users\YourUSERname\AppData\Roaming\Forge\

If you don't want to try to find exactly which files is the bugged one, simply delete the quest and preference folders and relaunch Forge, it should load as if it was new (except you don't lose your card pictures and custom decks).
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Return to Forge