It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:30

Text Size

Please Help! Problems with Custom Cube Drafting...

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Please Help! Problems with Custom Cube Drafting...

Postby PsyintZ » 04 Jan 2020, 05:42

Hello fellow magicians,

I recently decided to come back and try some Vintage Cube drafts on Forge. I had everything working properly a couple years back but unfortunately, after re-downloading Forge, I seem to be having problems getting my custom cube to draft properly this time around. I simply followed this gentleman's guide to setting it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comme ... stom_cube/

But, for some reason, something isn't working right. When I go to start up a draft with the AI, it seems as if it's just pulling cards from the entire card pool instead of my custom cube. Does anybody have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Here's what I did:

I first went into my 'forge\res\cube' directory and created a new .dck file called "Psy's Power Cube.dck" and used the exact same format as all of the other .dck files in the folder. It looks like this:

[metadata]
Name=Psy's Power Cube
[main]
1 Doomed Traveler
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
1 Kytheon, Hero of Akros

etc... including all 920 cards in my cube (even making sure everything was spelled correctly). After this, I went into my 'forge/res/draft' directory and created a file called "Psy's Power Cube.draft" and again, I made sure I used the same formatting as all of the other .draft files. It looks like this:

Name:Psy's Power Cube
DeckFile:Psy's Power Cube
Singleton:True
LandSetCode:LEB

Booster: 15 Any
NumPacks: 3

Once done, I saved each file and went to test it out. It appeared in the draft options as normal, but once I selected it I noticed a bunch of cards that were not part my cube's card pool so I assumed it was just pulling cards from Forge's entire card pool instead. Does anybody know why it isn't working? When I select one of the Vintage Cubes that came with Forge, it works perfectly as it should, yet I don't see any difference in the way those are formatted in comparison to my own. So, what gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys,
Psy
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Re: Please Help! Problems with Custom Cube Drafting...

Postby friarsol » 04 Jan 2020, 20:55

I think the easiest way to resolve this is to jump into the discord, so we can have some easier back and forth. Also, it might help if you attach your two files somewhere?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby CptKird » 07 Jan 2020, 22:58

Hi, thanks for the holiday greetings in PM, but I'd rather respond here :)

This is a strange one...

I have to admit I didn't use custom cubes before, but a first test cube worked perfectly.

I wanted to ask you about your files to recreate and maybe debug, but I got creative instead and recreated your files from your post and signature.

So, I test drafted, merged all 8 decks into one and compared with:

https://winmerge.org/

Result: All drafted cards were in your cube as well.

Here are my test files, you should be able to open the winmerge project with the included deck-files, or start your own comparison:

testpsy.zip
(10.72 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

It's not the missing set tags in the deck file (optional), it's not Singleton:True with more than your draft plan product (15x8x3. Only less than the product, in this case 360 cards, will error out) and it's not anything structural in the file headers..

Did you test all this with a fresh unpack of Forge to another location? Maybe something else borked?

Fingers crossed!

K.

PS: just for completeness sake, you could provide your cube files and maybe examples of cards drafted by Ai which were not in your cube, maybe a screenshot when it happens?
CptKird

Postby Muh Control Deck » 09 Mar 2020, 01:28

Hey for what it's worth I'm having this problem as well trying to get the latest MTGO Vintage Cube draftable on Forge. I followed the same reddit tutorial and have successfully gotten another cube uploaded and working so I'm unsure why this one would fail.

It does what OP's does, just seemingly pull cards from the total cardpool instead of from the cube. Is it an issue with new cards from sets like Eldraine and Commander 2019 etc?
Muh Control Deck

Postby CptKird » 09 Mar 2020, 18:43

Hi, did you check for misspelled entries or wrong letters, punctuation/characters for each card in your cube pool?

When in doubt, always check the edition files in /res/editions.

Also, maybe upload your files here, after checking them and it's still not working. I'll have a look.

K.
CptKird

Postby Muh Control Deck » 10 Mar 2020, 00:32

I figured it out. Apparently that whole "Name=" part needs to be the name you're calling both the .draft and the .dck internal to them and not the file name itself :oops:
Muh Control Deck

Return to Forge