It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:43

Text Size

Cube drafting with snow lands

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Cube drafting with snow lands

Postby larsooz » 07 Jan 2020, 12:57

Hello all!

This is the first time im posting in this forum, so please help me in case I do this wrong.

My issue is, that I want to use snow covered basic lands instead of regular basics for my own 360 card cube. In paper this was easy to achieve but I want to test draft this cube in Forge. Has anyone already done that and can tell me how to do that? Ideally I'd like to click on the 'Add Basic Lands' button in draft editor to choose my own set of snow lands in order to add them to my deck. Also having access to the full deck editor card collection would be helpful while constructing the draft deck I guess.
I don't care if the AI is not able to use Snow Lands.

I'm using Forge v1.6.30.

Thanks all for your help and for your time and ressources you're investing for people like me. =)
larsooz

Re: Cube drafting with snow lands

Postby CptKird » 07 Jan 2020, 23:17

Hi :)

I haven't found a way to add snow-covered lands through Forge after a draft either, but I think this has to do with Forge not recognising those lands as basic lands.

I just manually edit my human.dck-file after drafting.

At least Forge "knows" they are basic, since the max 4 rule is not in effect with them.

K.
CptKird

Postby friarsol » 08 Jan 2020, 02:37

It's not because they aren't known as basic lands, it's because during limited play the only "free cards" you are allowed to add to your deck are cards named: "Plains", "Island", "Mountain", "Swamp", "Forest". Any snow lands you need to draft to be able to add. This was true in both Ice Age Sealed/Draft and Coldsnap Sealed/Draft.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby CptKird » 08 Jan 2020, 08:12

Oh... that seems to be an added rule then, one of my first sanctioned sealed tournaments in 1995 (Type 2 Ice Age, 1 starter, 2(?) booster) allowed snow-covered basic lands to be added as well, in the early days that wasn't really a problem :)

I checked and it's explicitly forbidden by floor rules starting with the rules change from june 20th 2006, the rules before that until dec. 5th 2005 didn't have that rule, see:

https://hudecekpetr.cz/old-magic-rules/

https://hudecekpetr.cz/other/rulebooks/mtr-2005-12-20.pdf

https://hudecekpetr.cz/other/rulebooks/mtr-2006-06-20.pdf

Granted, I played a lot of unsanctioned tournaments back in the day as well and for my first sanctioned the judges had other directives, probably, but this rule change really surprised me, just now :mrgreen:

K.

PS: And yes, I had stopped playing actively before Coldsnap was released, which may have triggered additional rules for snow lands, but since Ice Age wasn't being played anymore, no one cared about snow lands anymore either. But for Coldsnap the rules needed an update it seems.
CptKird

Postby larsooz » 08 Jan 2020, 14:57

CptKird wrote:Hi :)

I haven't found a way to add snow-covered lands through Forge after a draft either, but I think this has to do with Forge not recognising those lands as basic lands.

I just manually edit my human.dck-file after drafting.

At least Forge "knows" they are basic, since the max 4 rule is not in effect with them.

K.
Ok, thanks a lot for this fix! This seems a little annoying but it will do. If anyone else has a handy solution for my problem, feel free to let us know! =)
larsooz

Postby ALVINAKAITH » 14 Jan 2020, 18:20

helpfull content
ALVINAKAITH

Postby CptKird » 14 Jan 2020, 19:24

Spot the bot :mrgreen:
CptKird

Return to Forge