It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:04

Text Size

Human vs 2 AI's hangs game if AI dies before stack resolves.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Human vs 2 AI's hangs game if AI dies before stack resolves.

Postby ArtiPhyrexia » 26 Jan 2020, 05:13

I was playing against two AI players.
During the second AI's upkeep phase, it used an instant on me. Before it could do that, I used direct damage (Walking Ballista) to kill the player directly, so it died (and the instant fizzled). Its Life showed as 0, and all the cards disappeared from its battlefield.

However, then it proceeded to move through the phases of its turn. At first nothing happened, and it just stepped through the phases M1, BC, and DA.

At the DB phase, it said "Waiting for opponent" and it just hung there. See screenshot. I could not move the game forward. There was no "OK" or "End Turn" button available. I guess it was waiting for the other AI opponent, who didn't do anything.

The software was not frozen, in that I could switch to the Home tab to (say) modify my preferences, or the Deck Editor tab. But the game itself was as good as frozen (and after I was winning, too!). I had to close the window.

This is Forge version 1.6.28 on Kubuntu Linux v18.04.3

Then I updated to Forge v1.6.32 and it did the same thing.

Here are two screenshots. The second one is the more recent version, and shows the Log window in the upper left (might be more informative than the Stack window).

(I'll delete an identical post I made to the Developers' Corner when I couldn't find this "Bug Reports" section.)

Screenshot_20200122_232206_MtGForge_DeadPlayerWaitingForOpponent.png
Dead Player waiting for opponent, Forge 1.6.28

Screenshot_20200125_210113_MtGForge3_DeadPlayerWaitingForOpponent.png
Dead AI player waiting for opponent, Forge 1.6.32
ArtiPhyrexia

Re: Human vs 2 AI's hangs game if AI dies before stack resol

Postby Archtl » 13 Feb 2020, 14:23

I've had a similar issue to this triggered by an opponent in a 4-player commander game being milled out and having to draw during their turn. Just as shown in OP's pictures, the hanging always occurs during the declare blockers step.
Archtl

Re: Human vs 2 AI's hangs game if AI dies before stack resol

Postby Northmoc1344 » 02 Mar 2020, 16:39

Thanks for the info. I'm linking this to the Git issue... hopefully it's solved soon. Out of my league :)

https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge/issues/1264
Northmoc1344

Return to Forge