It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:03

Text Size

Forge Release 03/20/2020 ver 1.6.33

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 03/20/2020 ver 1.6.33

Postby friarsol » 30 Mar 2020, 02:21

DrinkWithClass wrote:Hello, I make decks with entire sets, the thing is when there's a search the deck for "x" card trigger, I have to wait like 2 minutes for all the cards with minimize art loading in the deck, the question is: there is a way to display the search the deck function only in text format? ex: like the sideboard function. I know is no big deal having to wait, but my PC is old as fuck. Thanks in advance
You should be able to switch your card catalog to list mode, the catalog has lines, then a card, then a wrench? The first two should change the type of list.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby eggelton » 30 Mar 2020, 02:33

For some reason, Forge will not show the artwork (or download/update it) for any WAR planeswalkers except for Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, Jace, Arcane Strategist, and Gideon, the Oathsworn. The artwork is still in the same folder it's been in (users/me/appdata/local/forge/cache/pics/cards/war).
In the card catalog in the Deck Editor, Forge is instead showing 2 blank cards for each WAR planeswalker, though only 1 copy of each of the 3 listed above.
eggelton

Postby kevlahnota » 30 Mar 2020, 04:01

eggelton wrote:For some reason, Forge will not show the artwork (or download/update it) for any WAR planeswalkers except for Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, Jace, Arcane Strategist, and Gideon, the Oathsworn. The artwork is still in the same folder it's been in (users/me/appdata/local/forge/cache/pics/cards/war).
In the card catalog in the Deck Editor, Forge is instead showing 2 blank cards for each WAR planeswalker, though only 1 copy of each of the 3 listed above.
It works if you have named the card art variant properly.

Screenshot 2020-03-30 11.58.48.png
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby DrinkWithClass » 30 Mar 2020, 06:28

friarsol wrote:You should be able to switch your card catalog to list mode, the catalog has lines, then a card, then a wrench? The first two should change the type of list.
Sorry, I forgot to point out this is during a match, specifically the menu that opens when you trigger an "search your library for a card" ability
Attachments
Pic.png
DrinkWithClass

Postby Northmoc1344 » 30 Mar 2020, 15:42

Northmoc1344

Postby HarlequinCasts » 30 Mar 2020, 19:39

Softlock - If the player has Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite in play and the AI casts Karmic Guide with no other creatures in its graveyard, the AI will have the Karmic Guide target itself in the graveyard infinitely.

I don't even think this is a bug, but would result in a draw in a real game.

HarlequinCasts

Postby jamincollins » 31 Mar 2020, 14:05

gos wrote:Something changed with the encodings that forge accepts. The names of all custom user decks with non-ascii characters (I'm guessing) all now have unrecognized characters (see picture). Raphaël Lévy is not pleased.

raph.PNG
This is likely due to a recent change that has forced Forge to use UTF-8 encoding on all platforms. Prior to this change, each platform was using whatever encoding their terminal was in. On Mac and Linux this was normally UTF-8. While on Windows this was likely CP-1252. This caused issues with reading/parsing core Forge data files once they contained UTF-8 characters.

Unfortunately, this is a change that Forge needs for parsing the data files. The existing deck files don't have anything in them to indicate which encoding they were written in. If you can send me a couple of them I can see about creating a tool that will convert them to UTF-8 for you.
jamincollins

Postby peepser » 31 Mar 2020, 20:07

Warden of the Wall is bugged. It remains tapped every turn, when it should only be tapped when it enters play.
Attachments
warden of the wall.JPG
peepser

Postby Magicus » 02 Apr 2020, 07:48

peepser wrote:Warden of the Wall is bugged. It remains tapped every turn, when it should only be tapped when it enters play.
Strange, I have just tested playing Warden of the Wall, and it untapped as normal at the start of my next turn (tested on Android).

Another bugs I found:
1. I know, that most people don`t play Planechase very often (unless trying Planar Conquest, where Planechase matches are relatively frequent), but there is now another bug there.
Looks like all phenomenons (e.g. Mutual Epiphany) don`t apply their effect at all, and because of that they won`t "phase out", and just stay there indefinitely till the end of match.

2. Seal of the Guildpact doesn`t work right now. It lets me choose both colours, though later it is not giving any discounts for the corresponding spells at all.
Magicus

Postby gos » 02 Apr 2020, 08:59

jamincollins wrote:
gos wrote:Something changed with the encodings that forge accepts. The names of all custom user decks with non-ascii characters (I'm guessing) all now have unrecognized characters (see picture). Raphaël Lévy is not pleased.

raph.PNG
This is likely due to a recent change that has forced Forge to use UTF-8 encoding on all platforms. Prior to this change, each platform was using whatever encoding their terminal was in. On Mac and Linux this was normally UTF-8. While on Windows this was likely CP-1252. This caused issues with reading/parsing core Forge data files once they contained UTF-8 characters.

Unfortunately, this is a change that Forge needs for parsing the data files. The existing deck files don't have anything in them to indicate which encoding they were written in. If you can send me a couple of them I can see about creating a tool that will convert them to UTF-8 for you.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll try and see if I can do the conversion myself.
gos

Postby MattER » 03 Apr 2020, 20:44

Hi,

I've seen this issue a couple of times now.
It's a 4 player EDH game. 3 Players are AI.
AI opponent is playing Zur

Opponent attacks with Zur, and tutors for Grasp of Fate.
GoF's ETB trigger works and AI chooses three permanents to exile. However, AI is not limited to one per opponent.

Untitled2.png
Screen as AI opponent targets two of my permanents with Grasp of Fate

Hope this helps!
MattER

Postby peepser » 03 Apr 2020, 22:57

Can someone explain if I don't understand this or it's a bug. My 4/2 attacks and gets blocked by Fog Bank and Voiceless Spirit. I assign damage to Voiceless Spirit first, then regenerate Carnage Gladiator. The Voiceless Spirit always survives. Why? I know it has first strike, but if I regenerate Carnage Gladiator, then 4 damage should go through to kill it. I don't get why fog bank is nullifying the Gladiator.
Attachments
carnage gladiator.JPG
peepser

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Apr 2020, 00:22

peepser wrote:Can someone explain if I don't understand this or it's a bug. My 4/2 attacks and gets blocked by Fog Bank and Voiceless Spirit. I assign damage to Voiceless Spirit first, then regenerate Carnage Gladiator. The Voiceless Spirit always survives. Why? I know it has first strike, but if I regenerate Carnage Gladiator, then 4 damage should go through to kill it. I don't get why fog bank is nullifying the Gladiator.
Of course if you regenerate the creature, it would be removed from combat...

From the Comprehensive Rules (January 24, 2020—Theros Beyond Death)
701.14. Regenerate

701.14a If the effect of a resolving spell or ability regenerates a permanent, it creates a replacement effect that protects the permanent the next time it would be destroyed this turn. In this case, Regenerate [permanent]” means “The next time [permanent] would be destroyed this turn, instead remove all damage marked on it and tap it. If it’s an attacking or blocking creature, remove it from combat.”

701.14b If the effect of a static ability regenerates a permanent, it replaces destruction with an alternate effect each time that permanent would be destroyed. In this case, “Regenerate [permanent]” means “Instead remove all damage marked on [permanent] and tap it. If it’s an attacking or blocking creature, remove it from combat.”

701.14c Neither activating an ability that creates a regeneration shield nor casting a spell that creates a regeneration shield is the same as regenerating a permanent. Effects that say that a permanent can’t be regenerated don’t preclude such abilities from being activated or such spells from being cast; rather, they cause regeneration shields to not be applied.
on Combat damage step rule 510.1d
510.1d A blocking creature assigns combat damage to the creatures it’s blocking. If it isn’t currently blocking any creatures (if, for example, they were destroyed or removed from combat), it assigns no combat damage. If it’s blocking exactly one creature, it assigns all its combat damage to that creature. If it’s blocking two or more creatures, it assigns its combat damage to those creatures according to the damage assignment order announced for it. This may allow the blocking creature to divide its combat damage. However, it can’t assign combat damage to a creature that it’s blocking unless, when combat damage assignments are complete, each creature that precedes that blocked creature is assigned lethal damage. When checking for assigned lethal damage, take into account damage already marked on the creature and damage from other creatures that’s being assigned during the same combat damage step, but not any abilities or effects that might change the amount of damage that’s actually dealt. An amount of damage that’s greater than a creature’s lethal damage may be assigned to it.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby lindleya1 » 04 Apr 2020, 11:55

It would be nice to be able to ban certain cards from random generated decks. Especially in commander, Stax cards like Winter Orb and The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale are annoying at the best of times, but in a randomly generated deck that isn't built around them, they literally just grind games to a halt (and I seem to 0lay against them an inordinate amount).
lindleya1

Postby lindleya1 » 04 Apr 2020, 11:59

peepser wrote:Can someone explain if I don't understand this or it's a bug. My 4/2 attacks and gets blocked by Fog Bank and Voiceless Spirit. I assign damage to Voiceless Spirit first, then regenerate Carnage Gladiator. The Voiceless Spirit always survives. Why? I know it has first strike, but if I regenerate Carnage Gladiator, then 4 damage should go through to kill it. I don't get why fog bank is nullifying the Gladiator.
The Voiceless spirit does it's first strike damage before the Gladiator, meaning it regenerates, at which point it is removed from combat and doesn't deal it's damage
lindleya1

PreviousNext

Return to Forge